Crash When Pressing Z

Bug Report
I've always had Z as my way of putting my weapons away and drawing them since I firs started playing this game, today I pressed it and it caused wow to crash, and my pc too. not once but twice this happened today.
Came here to post this exact thing. Pressing Z to unsheathe my weapons is causing the game to crash.
Interesting. I just noticed a crash when pressing Control Z. I don't think I had it bound to anything. I couldn't remember whether toggle UI was Alt Z or Ctrl Z so I tried both. There was no crash when I did Alt Z.

OP, please edit the title of your post to include the word "Crash" so the tech team can better track it. A 1 letter title might get overlooked as spam.
it's kinda great been trolling people on my friends list all afternoon....

... it's slow day at work today.
10/25/2016 12:23 PMPosted by Lorinall

OP, please edit the title of your post to include the word "Crash" so the tech team can better track it. A 1 letter title might get overlooked as spam.

Yes, please. I came to start my own thread, but saw this one and assumed it was about the same thing. There are many others that will overlook your thread because the title says nothing about the actual issue at hand.

Edit: Actually, nevermind. It's not the Z key that's at issue, but the act of sheathing/unsheathing. Those with sheath/unsheath bound to other keys are also crashing.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749838113
Yup. Can confirm this is happening to more folks too.

If I attempt to manually sheath or unsheath my weapon, the game instantly crashes with an access violation.

How does this kind of bug even occur?
yepperz
Same issue here.
10/25/2016 12:34 PMPosted by Temna
Yup. Can confirm this is happening to more folks too.

If I attempt to manually sheath or unsheath my weapon, the game instantly crashes with an access violation.

How does this kind of bug even occur?
I guess the developers of the game never manually sheath or unsheath weapons.
10/25/2016 02:27 PMPosted by Albricksen
I guess the developers of the game never manually sheath or unsheath weapons.
To be fair, I doubt that's one of the things people think to test when building a patch.
Mine is set to f4 and it crashed for me when I tried to put them away. Think it might be a sheathe problem.
This just happened to me. I read in the hotfix notes it should have been fixed. I don't believe that was the case.
I'm able to sheathe/unsheathe without any issues. Sheathe set to tilde (`)