Hunter Racials (Horde)

Hunter
Hey everyone, I have started leveling my hunter and have been thinking about switching him to my main over time. At the moment, he is a level 103 Blood Elf. Honestly, I am tired of playing Blood Elves as at one point, all of my characters were Blood Elves. Hence why my Mage is now an Orc.

I want to switch it up and was wondering what the best racials were for the Hunter specs. I will be mainly playing Marskman and Beast Master, but who knows, Survival may get a huge buff one day.

TL;DR - Based off my own reasoning, I have deduced the following are the best races for each Hunter spec. Can anyone confirm or challenge these?

Marksman - Tauren or Blood Elf
Beat Master - Orc
Survival - Blood Elf or Tauren

Thanks for the help!
I enjoy being an undead hunter. Will of the forsaken is great. Saves my butt all the time
On Survival. Troll makes it amazingly fun to play, because Berserking reduces the GCD and lets you hammer out those Mongoose Bites extremely quickly.
You didn't list Troll at all which means you're overlooking the benefit of lining up Berserk with True Shot Aura for MM or Snake Bite as SV. Troll is probably the best all-around hunter for Horde but Orcs do very well as SV/BM.

1% bonus pet damage adds up and Blood Fury active syncs pretty well with BW now.
10/17/2016 11:03 PMPosted by Rokugan
On Survival. Troll makes it amazingly fun to play, because Berserking reduces the GCD and lets you hammer out those Mongoose Bites extremely quickly.

Very True I sometimes think of going Troll Hunter but I can never find a good mog to fit them. I am envious of berserking though it sounds amazing for SV.
I'm sad to tell you that when it comes to MM dps, BE technically has the highest potential.

After that comes trolls and orcs. If you dont like working around cooldowns (since Trueshots changes all the time) then Tauren have the best passive increase.

Orc for pvp.
10/18/2016 03:25 AMPosted by Venelenne
I sometimes think of going Troll Hunter but I can never find a good mog to fit them.

Go into any of the many Troll-themed raids/dungeons, it's impossible not to find something cool.
With all the complaints you see about hunter mobility, you aren't even considering the only class with an disengage racial --- a Goblin!?

[PVP] Goblin
[PVE] Orc
lets see what the fotm
I haven't played since 6.1. What's up with blood elves?
Going under water and never seeing a breath bar is a nice perk too for Undead. Guessing you are looking for dps boosts and PVP advantages though (WotF is nice)...
10/18/2016 01:50 PMPosted by Desumetal
I haven't played since 6.1. What's up with blood elves?
Passive 1% crit, and Arcane Torrent as resource generation doesn't hurt.
Blood elf
Troll is the best DPS racial thanks to berserking.

Blood Elf the best utility thanks to arcane torrent in mythic+
How can you not want to be Blood Elf? They are so dramatic and great looking at everything they do! Plus Arcane Torrent as SV seems very helpful as another interrupt.

Otherwise, I'd say Troll or Undead for their racial traits.
Orc for racials, Undead for everything else.
MM- i believe Belf due to the focus regen
BM- maybe Orc due to pet dmg with Belf to follow i'd highly assume
SV- idk.

looks like due to lack of focus regen Belf is best for MM.
Thanks for the comments and feedback guys. I was looking to changed based off of DPS and utility. Don't get me wrong, I love Blood Elves. It is just tiring to have all your toons be one for a couple years. I guess that crit bonus is too hard to pass up. I will remain a Blood Elf...for now.

Thanks again!
PvE, pick whichever you like the look of tbh. The dps difference is really quite insignificant.

If PvP, Orc racial + Relentless is very, very attractive. Record down how you died in PvP and you'll find a glaring trend where it was when you were caught in a stun.
Forsaken all the way.

Pets like spiders, BATS, demon dogs, and carrion birds look great alongside you!
So do most boney xmogs!

You can eat other players!

Never fear(ed)!

Join the Bat-Riders today!