Addon PLH: Used to Demand people's Loot?

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 81 Next
10/23/2016 06:58 PMPosted by Pouncey
10/23/2016 06:48 PMPosted by Berith
Oh those guys again -_-. No one cares about them. They can say "no" just like anyone.

Can we stop asking to design MMORPGs to help people with social integration problems ?

Depends.

Can you start to figure out that MMORPGs are a type of game that actually attracts people with social difficulties, not repels them? For reasons that I stated pretty clearly in the post you JUST quoted and you felt like ignoring?

He didn't ignore it but those people don't need to be catered to they need a therapist not WoW.
10/23/2016 08:04 PMPosted by Eviscerator
I was in a group yesterday and It happened. It's always your choice, but if you get something and don't want to trade it, keep it. Don't be a jerk and DE it in the dungeon, you don't need the dust/crystal right then. The player in my dungeon did that, so I had no problem kicking him when the vote came up. Nobody can force you to give up loot in a pug, but the can/should kick you if you're a D-bag.

I can DE whatever I want where ever i want! I get kicked for it names go on my ignore list and I never have to put up with scrub stupidity!
There's an unmentioned fact here that I haven't seen anyone bring up yet.

PLH shows the group what you received as loot. However, there is nothing that shows the group:

a) If a trade between two players has taken place, or

b) Whether an item is still in your inventory.

That being the case, what is there to stop someone from 'agreeing' to hand over a piece of loot and then simply not doing so? At worst you'd wind up with a 'he said, she said' situation where nothing could be proven, and you could simply respond with things like:

"I gave you the item, why are you still trying to get me kicked?"

"Do you want to hit the next boss or just sit here and argue until the trash respawns?"
10/23/2016 08:04 PMPosted by Eviscerator
I was in a group yesterday and It happened. It's always your choice, but if you get something and don't want to trade it, keep it. Don't be a jerk and DE it in the dungeon, you don't need the dust/crystal right then. The player in my dungeon did that, so I had no problem kicking him when the vote came up. Nobody can force you to give up loot in a pug, but the can/should kick you if you're a D-bag.

I can DE whatever I want where ever i want! I get kicked for it names go on my ignore list and I never have to put up with scrub stupidity!

10/23/2016 08:08 PMPosted by Sharmarli
10/23/2016 07:59 PMPosted by Pouncey
Now read the entire thing instead of only one sentence fragment.

At best he's contradicting himself.

Overall higher ilevel is better

But sometimes it's not, and you should check stats that is if you're worried about the stats at all.

Or maybe you should just keep the higher ilevel item in your bags for getting invited to groups, which you shouldn't do because then you're probably a bad player and I wouldn't want to group with you anyway.

But hey, everyone loses the RNG lottery sometimes and we get a sub-optimal higher level piece so we might not want to use it.

Which again goes against the opening statement of Overall higher ilevel is better.

Overall higher item level is better but secondary stats may not be!
What is so hard to figure out about that?
10/23/2016 08:32 PMPosted by Dioneia
You know what's actually childish and petty? Disenchanting an item someone else needed out of spite because they used a helpful addon that you happen to dislike. Seriously, I don't understand what's wrong with you people.

So it is childish and petty to run a dungeon to get shard to advance my profession and refuse to turn over my gear to some scrub who can't be bothered to wait a run or two to get something? Nope don't think so but it is childish and petty to think I would gimp myself to help a useless scrub!
10/24/2016 02:29 PMPosted by Brockthorn
If you read the comments on curse the addon author disabled it after a post about getting kicked from LFR run because the addon announced a looted item and several people wanted it only they thought the person running the addon looted it.

So the author disabled group notification in LFR. Only now people are asking others to fork the code and reenable it for them.

Wow, just read some of the author's comments. What a tool.
10/23/2016 08:47 PMPosted by Pyromania
You know what's actually childish and petty? Disenchanting an item someone else needed out of spite because they used a helpful addon that you happen to dislike.

I think it's childish and petty to get upset when someone DEs something that they won, just because you wanted it. Not YOU, of course, I mean you in general. Like does all disenchanting have to be done alone so as not to hurt someone's feelings?

edited to add: I mentioned this before, but my rl is busy right now, so I'm gearing and leveling my professions really slowly. I REALLY DO need every last enchanting mat I get, but people seem to think my needs are not as important as theres.

Welcome to the entitled generation. If someone had whipped these people a few times the world would be better!
You know what's actually childish and petty? Disenchanting an item someone else needed out of spite because they used a helpful addon that you happen to dislike.

I think it's childish and petty to get upset when someone DEs something that they won, just because you wanted it. Not YOU, of course, I mean you in general. Like does all disenchanting have to be done alone so as not to hurt someone's feelings?

edited to add: I mentioned this before, but my rl is busy right now, so I'm gearing and leveling my professions really slowly. I REALLY DO need every last enchanting mat I get, but people seem to think my needs are not as important as theres.

Welcome to the entitled generation. If someone had whipped these people a few times the world would be better!

10/23/2016 08:53 PMPosted by Dioneia

I think it's about the message you send. It's sort of like "oh look at this thing you can't have, now I'm just going to destroy it in front of your face." I'm not saying it's entirely wrong, but it is somewhat uncourteous, especially when the other person is already being denied once.

I would destroy that even if you didn't want it! Do you idiots have problem with I need the shard more than you need to be an !@#?
I've got no issues giving away loot that's no use to me. I was very happy about the change to personal loot, making it tradable to others in the group. Running dungeons etc, I usually ask if anyone need whatever loot I got that were of no use to me. The key point here is: I choose to offer what I receive.

I'm a sharing and giving person. But when I've received messages like "hand it over!" a second or two after something dropped, before I even had a chance to properly see what I just got, then any desire I might have had to give disappears.

Some ask here if it would hurt us to be nice and give, but does it hurt to be respectful and ask if the person does not need it rather than demand? Because as pointed out by many in this thread, the add-on only sees if ilvl is higher or lower, not if the item is an actual uppgrade or not. Ilvl isn't everything, bigger isn't always better.
LFR plebs be like:

I'm entitled to all of the epics! Even yours!

10/23/2016 08:53 PMPosted by Dioneia

I think it's about the message you send. It's sort of like "oh look at this thing you can't have, now I'm just going to destroy it in front of your face." I'm not saying it's entirely wrong, but it is somewhat uncourteous, especially when the other person is already being denied once.

I would destroy that even if you didn't want it! Do you idiots have problem with I need the shard more than you need to be an !@#?

10/23/2016 09:07 PMPosted by Dioneia
10/23/2016 04:11 PMPosted by Arsora
Someone runs that add-on and uses that to demand a piece of loot from you... walk up to them, open trade window, put the item into it... wait for them to accept... then close the window, push your Disenchant Button, disenchant it in front of them, and then say "QQ."

No one's entitled to your loot and don't let some stupid add-on say otherwise.

+40
10/23/2016 04:16 PMPosted by Luvia

I usually do, but when the addon lights up the chat window and I'm immediately inundated with whispers that don't ask if I need the item, but rather tell me to give it to them, I trade it to my friend and he disenchants it right in front of their face.

You don't decide what loot I do and do not need, and acting like a vulture is the best way to ensure you get nothing.

+24
10/23/2016 04:45 PMPosted by Somalion
Opinion time !!!

If someone is using that addon there is 0 chance I will trade loot to someone else. If nobody is using that addon I will ask if anyone wants items I get that are not upgrades.

+12.

I rest my case.

There's more but the formatting on these forums is so screwy so I can't be bothered to add them.

And your point is? That people don't like you turds and scrubs begging for loot in their bags?

...1) "if you disenchant loot that you don't need in front of their face, you're petty" - errr, nope, you're not. The weasly beggars shouldn't have annoyed you to the point where you do that. Sadly, my toons aren't enchanters, so I'm robbed of this joy.
2) "if you're just going to vendor it off because you've 'earned it', you're petty" - errr, no you're not! i'm entitled to do what the hell i like with it - you can just bugger off. 3) "If you have a legitimate reason" blah blah blah.. OMG.. EFF off. seriously. Firstly, who made you the power that be that decides on who gets labelled what?

If that loot is mine, i'll stinking well do what I like with it. I don't have to justify squat to you or others.

I have to admit, prior to this addon, and these daft threads on this, I honestly did give stuff away if i didn't need it. I'd say "anyone want <linked item here>".
Now I'm not going to bother. I don't care if it's an upgrade for someone. No-one is touching my loot now. And to be quite honest, I wouldn't give a rats if they kicked me. I'd probably laugh.

I owe other players nothing, and they'll get exactly that from me now.

You're a scumbag. You literally take pleasure in screwing other players over because you got lucky with RNG. Yes, you're entitled to do whatever you want with your loot. But in real life, if someone gives you a gift, do you rip it to shreds in front of their face because it's yours now? If you're completely full and a homeless person begs you for your leftover food, do you throw it in the garbage can right next to them? People complain about a toxic community, and you are the face of that toxic community. People who only play for themselves, give zero consideration to other people's games, and still think they're justified in doing so.

Go to a dictionary and look up the word "empathy." You desperately need to learn some.

Hey try running the dungeon more than 1 time you might get something and till then I don't have to give you anything! I would even destroy it in front of you since you have such an entitled attitude! I hope RND takes a big crap on your whole account and you don't get jack for the rest of legion!

As far as empathy I save that for my friends not some scrub crying they didn't have loot handed to them!
...TBH, i really don't give a flying fudge what you think. Loot scabs are scum.
If people feel like helping people, they do it because they want to, not because they're pestered to.

So I'm guessing you are the type of person that would throw away food in front of a hungry homeless person because you "earned" the food?

Yup because that homeless hungry person choose to be that and it isn't my job to work and feed scum who can't be bothered!
I was actually kicked from a pug that was mostly a guild run because of this add-on. I won a belt that was not a upgrade for me, I notice people rolling in chat but didn't think anything of it because it was all personal loot. So I DE it since im an enchanter, I immediately have people yelling at me in chat and over Vent about it not being a upgrade for me and me being selfish because I DE'd it. I politely asked what the F they were talking about, that I won the gear and it was mine to do as I choose that if they wanted it differently then have a master looter and give out gear to who wins a roll, if not then its none of their business, get kicked 30 seconds later.\

So yea this add on can create problems, unless it is made know before anything starts that someone is using it and everyone agrees that if something isn't a upgrade then it can be rolled on by who can use it.
Ok, so I was in a dungeon on my alt without the addon and kept getting spammed in Party Chat after getting a relic drop from a rogue in the group that he needed it more.

Basically, even if you just broke the addon flat out... It wouldn't really stop. Those dicks who do it will just keep doing it.

Currently sticking to M+ so not sure how big of a deal this actually is. Most of the other folks in your group would rather the idiot spamming you for loot gets kicked so everyone can move on.

-=-=-=-

That said, if this addon went off and it wasn't an upgrade for me, I just ask people if they want it. I do it all the time in M+. Sure, I can say that the gear dropped for me and I can just vendor it, but... I'm not that much of a *@@%@#**. Everyone is working hard in a dungeon and I'm happy to share, especially if I don't need.
Interesting, I haven't seen any bullying with it, rather lots of people saying what a neat addon it is and helpful. When people have politely refused there was no complaining by anyone and certainly no demanding of it.
Extending the cap on this thread. I will bring this addon and its use up for discussion.
10/23/2016 04:04 PMPosted by Ilius
Seen this trend a lot lately in LFR

No, it was patched to NOT notify in LFR.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/personal-loot-helper?comment=139

I think this addon should be broken as soon as possible, or the authors contacted and requested to turn it to a private add-on that notifies only the person using it.

Notify Group is disabled by default. In LFR, it only notifies the user. The developer is trying here, stop crying and maybe make some suggestions to help make it easier to use/see.

This addon is great, its the players that need breaking.
10/23/2016 10:00 PMPosted by Vailnite
I cannot believe this is even a conversation... If someone can actually use something that dropped, its a situation of NEED. If you want to disenchant / vendor, it is called GREED. This has been logic since the time of vanilla.

On that note, your loot is yours under the current system, and so you can do with it what you want... But don't get upset because an addon calls you out.

Ok if you don't get upset when I tell you to git gud and run again!
10/24/2016 03:46 PMPosted by Rawlocks
Seen this trend a lot lately in LFR

No, it was patched to NOT notify in LFR.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/personal-loot-helper?comment=139

I think this addon should be broken as soon as possible, or the authors contacted and requested to turn it to a private add-on that notifies only the person using it.

Notify Group is disabled by default. In LFR, it only notifies the user. The developer is trying here, stop crying and maybe make some suggestions to help make it easier to use/see.

This addon is great, its the players that need breaking.

Well that's only good if players update that addon.
And if you look at the comments someone said to fork it so that it can be enabled again.
Yeah I laugh at that addon; It's extremely passive aggressive to see the raid chat.

I hand over nothing unless I want to though if I see something I want for off-spec upgrade then of course I'm keeping it. Then there is the aspect for enchanters to have something to DE for their profession.