Addon PLH: Used to Demand people's Loot?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 81 Next
10/23/2016 04:59 PMPosted by Dèan
If the loot you got is an upgrade for someone else you better trade it or I'm going to kick you from the LFR group.

What if it is an upgrade to my transmog? Or an upgrade to my enchanting skill?

You don't get to decide what I do with a piece of gear that fell into my bags. Attempting to kick someone because they got game pixels you want to go to someone else is truly jerkish behavior, IMO.
I've had people offer to give me upgrades (I don't use the addon, but sometimes they won't need a piece and offer), so I try to pass on some of that good will.

Unfortunately the obnoxious spam this addon encourages, especially while I am tanking/healing an encounter, dries up that goodwill real fast. I need time to look and see if the stats make up for the slightly lower ilvl, or if I need the crystal to enchant a new piece of gear. If you want something from me, the least you can do is give me more than a few seconds to answer.
Yeah and people are complaining how expensive enchants are. Well if you have to give your MATTS to a scrub. I hope they can afford 30k+ for an enchant.
10/23/2016 04:59 PMPosted by Dèan
If the loot you got is an upgrade for someone else you better trade it or I'm going to kick you from the LFR group.

Don't like it? Stay out of LFR.

i would get our characters face to face then disenchant the item right in front of you. Then laugh and requeue and get into a new group immediately.
I honestly just do LFR for transmog looks, considering I'm at 6/7 H right now, so it's no big concern to me if I get kicked. Still, I at least do offer up to anyone in chat if something does drop, regardless of whether that addon's being used... though I might hesitate if it looks good and I don't have the appearance already.

Really wish the author would at least put in an option to make it public or private broadcast, considering iLvl currently isn't as good a metric as it used to be, especially for trinkets and jewelry.
The announcement to the group is an issue as it brings the group into the disagreement when there is one.

The issues people are stating about trading and harassing over items occur without this add-on.

The add-on helps with how easy it is to miss an item someone can trade to you with the speed of dungeons and personal loot.

There is nothing wrong with asking for an item and nothing wrong with refusing.
Addon aside, personal loot just needs to not be displayed to the group.

I was in an LFR the other night, and Swarming Plaguehive dropped for me. It's not my best trinket, but it was a huge upgrade over what I had, so I'm going to use it while I wait for Wriggling Sinew.

Anyway, no one was running this addon, but a druid whispered me

"Do you need that?"
"Yes."

That should be the end, right? Nope.

"A fire mage?"
"Yes, one of my trinkets is really bad."
" : / "

So not only do I have people asking for my stuff, but I also get the third degree when I say that, yes, I would like to use a piece of loot that dropped FOR ME.
10/23/2016 05:23 PMPosted by Lull
What if it is an upgrade to my transmog?

MS > OS

And transmog is the mainest of all the specs.
This addon, and those similar to it, like the deathbots or the missing buff trash addons, get ignored. I have no patience for those that spam my chat with useless garbage. Especially in LFR, I also ignore those that use raid warnings.

This guy is an enchanter so in LFR if I don't get an upgrade, it's gonna be sharded, but on my non enchanters, I'll gladly trade it to someone who needs it, I won't though, trade it to someone who demands it from me in whispers.
Be careful what you wish for. Blizzard's "fix" to this sort of problem, if they see it as a problem, will be to simply make personal loot not able to be traded...
While I have been given upgrades from generous players thanks to the add-on, I have also seen arguments. Not to mention, it induces guilt when I don't offer my items. I don't feel the add-on in its current state is constructive to groups. Maybe, like OP said if it was a private tell.
I don't see what the big deal is with this add-on.

In groups that do not have the add-on you can still see what dropped. If you have any knowledge of the game whatsoever, you can easily inspect the person that received a drop that is an upgrade for you and see if they're wearing better. If they are, you can then message them (or use instance chat) to ask if they can pass it to you if they don't need it.

The add-on isn't providing information that isn't already easily available in-game. It sounds to me that the people that are expressing issue with the add-on really have an issue with something else:

1. The fact that the game shows the entire team/raid what drops everyone else received.

and/or

2. Players in game being really inconsiderate and entitled.

If the add-on was removed tonight, neither of these 2 issues would be fixed and similar, if not the same, issues would occur in groups.
The Addon PLH showcases the worst trait of humanity which is greed.

If you get a piece of loot that you cant use you should give it to someone who needs it without an addon notifying you that you dont need it.
10/23/2016 05:30 PMPosted by Marriama
I honestly just do LFR for transmog looks, considering I'm at 6/7 H right now, so it's no big concern to me if I get kicked. Still, I at least do offer up to anyone in chat if something does drop, regardless of whether that addon's being used... though I might hesitate if it looks good and I don't have the appearance already.

Really wish the author would at least put in an option to make it public or private broadcast, considering iLvl currently isn't as good a metric as it used to be, especially for trinkets and jewelry.

You can make it private if you want, I run it and have had it set to private since I first installed it.

Personally I think the public announce should just be removed completely. If you want to easily find out what people can trade, run the addon yourself.
It is probably the most helpful add-on in the game and they should build this functionality into the base game. Have the game announce to you when an item you get might be tradable or an item someone else gets might be useful, and give you the option to indicate if you want it or not (as both players). If the person who can trade doesn't want it, make the trade happen automatically. If they do want it, make it not able to be disenchanted (given that they want it this won't matter).
delete
.. i just say no, say i need it for offspec, and/or ignore the beggar. its not really that hard. i dont think twice about it.
I personally have no issue giving loot. Even as an enchanter, if someone can use an upgrade, I give it to them. Even in groups without that addon I'll announce what I got to the party and offer it up. This addon makes it easy for people like me to figure out who needs what.

That being said, we shouldn't condone shaming. If someone doesn't want to give up their drop, they shouldn't have to, and they shouldn't be put on trial for it. Players are free to play however they want. It's my personal opinion that helping out a fellow party member just makes the community as a whole better, but that loot is yours, you can do with it as you please.

Perhaps they can work the addon so if you have it, it'll just tell you only when your drop is an upgrade for someone. There's really no reason it should announce that to chat.
10/23/2016 05:52 PMPosted by Kuranna
10/23/2016 05:30 PMPosted by Marriama

You can make it private if you want, I run it and have had it set to private since I first installed it.

Personally I think the public announce should just be removed completely. If you want to easily find out what people can trade, run the addon yourself.

And that's just it. The core addon can be quite useful. It can tell you if something can find a good home. The problem is the public announcement and the shaming loot !@#$%s that result from it. While we can't possibly expect an addon to police assinine behavior, limiting the breadth of its shouting seems like a good thing. Limit it to just messaging its own user. Problem solved.