Addon PLH: Used to Demand people's Loot?

General Discussion
Prev 1 75 76 77 81 Next
10/25/2016 03:08 AMPosted by Roxette
10/25/2016 02:53 AMPosted by Averagetroll
so people are crying because they don't know how to say no? Got it.

I don't know why others hate this, but I play this game to relax and having 2-3 people whisper me begging me for gear is not relaxing at all for me. In fact, that kind of stuff annoys me and that isn't why I am playing a game.

I can say no just fine but my enjoyment of the game has already been ruined if I have to respond to whispers at all.

Then ignore them?
without proper evidence, it seems we are standing up against that behavior. The majority is positive or indifferent. your crusade to try and be the PLH martyr is not going over well.

10/26/2016 03:53 PMPosted by Esera

This particular thread lacks the evidence you claimed it does, and you even admitted to not reading most of it. And you want to accuse other people of credibility issues?

Esera is still awesome, though.
10/26/2016 03:58 PMPosted by Thurid
10/26/2016 03:44 PMPosted by Esera
Simply untrue.

So all those old Saxon kings taxed their peoples into poverty and gave it to the Northmen (Mostly from Denmark hence DANEgeld) out of the goodness of their hearts? Nope; there was an agreed exchange and each got something of value they wanted. The Northmen got gold and silver and the Saxon English got some peace and quiet.
For a while.

Level 52 and rising
Skoal

This conversation is getting more bizarre :) Your analogy is way off base to what the original conversation was. Let me try to reset here. There is no social contract for loot, even if there were, it wouldn't be the same as taxes, good lord. But fret not, because there is no social contract.

Teritia was probably trying to make a point that it is not generosity and something else entirely, all because the item held little value to looter and more so for the other person, especially when the other person helped. This has nothing to do with paying for services rendered, or taxes.

At the time I was going to say this in reply: I think you should stop looking at this in binary terms. How much do you value their effort? How much do you consider the item valuable? These considerations create varying levels of degrees to generosity. I am not obligated by a non-existent social contract to do anything; but that doesn't mean I won't consider it. Generosity can be something somewhat inconsequential or it can be something very sacrificial, but generosity is still generosity.
10/26/2016 04:06 PMPosted by Garyc
Esera is still awesome, though.

lol thanks, indifference is where it's at :D
It lets you talk to people as neither friend nor foe, or possibly both. This is what the forums need, as well. People are so quick to take sides, you know. Take nobodies side, or everyone's /shrug.
Got told off for the first time yesterday, did not get booted. I politely declined to trade a back piece, and the person went on to call me selfish and a few other things.

I need binding enchants for my items, which is an upgrade. I'm an enchanter, so yes, the item is still an upgrade for me and I put in the same time as said person. Yes I had better gear than them (as they pointed out), but I also put in the time and dont sell my enchanting mats, I save them to use.

Anyway, the point is, you can decline, get told off, ignore it, and wont be removed from raid. Because people care less about this and more about waiting in LFR.
10/26/2016 04:07 PMPosted by Esera
10/26/2016 03:58 PMPosted by Thurid

So all those old Saxon kings taxed their peoples into poverty and gave it to the Northmen (Mostly from Denmark hence DANEgeld) out of the goodness of their hearts? Nope; there was an agreed exchange and each got something of value they wanted. The Northmen got gold and silver and the Saxon English got some peace and quiet.
For a while.

Level 52 and rising
Skoal

This conversation is getting more bizarre :) Your analogy is way off base to what the original conversation was. Let me try to reset here. There is no social contract for loot, even if there were, it wouldn't be the same as taxes, good lord. But fret not, because there is no social contract.

Teritia was probably trying to make a point that it is not generosity and something else entirely, all because the item held little value to looter and more so for the other person, especially when the other person helped. This has nothing to do with paying for services rendered, or taxes.

At the time I was going to say this in reply: I think you should stop looking at this in binary terms. How much do you value their effort? How much do you consider the item valuable? These considerations create varying levels of degrees to generosity. I am not obligated by a non-existent social contract to do anything; but that doesn't mean I won't consider it. Generosity can be something somewhat inconsequential or it can be something very sacrificial, but generosity is still generosity.

''Be generous with yer gold or I'll be generous with my axe''
Bjorn Ragnarsson aka 'Ironside', not to mention all the others who came afterwards.

Level 52 and rising
Skoal
Lol I love disenchanting 865 heroic warforged gear right in front of people.
This is what our community descended into?

If you don't need for DE, vendor gold, don't need for upgrade, how hard is it to just give it someone who helped you clear the dungeon? Let them roll for it even. Share loot.

This is what we did before Group Finder. Gear drops... "hey Strauss do you need that? It's an upgrade for me". Then I trade it to them. That wasn't harassment or bullying. It was called 'Community' in the earlier days of the game.

This add-on, ignoring the negatives that can sometimes happen, just makes it easier to be helpful to your fellow WoW players. Maybe it's an age difference thing with us older folks in the game.
Well on the bright side there is one good thing about PLH....it doesn't take the loot from your bags and gives it to a more deserving player !!!
10/26/2016 04:25 PMPosted by Thurid
10/26/2016 04:07 PMPosted by Esera

Bjorn Ragnarsson aka 'Ironside', not to mention all the others who came afterwards.

Level 52 and rising
Skoal

seriously, i can not be the only one with the Monty Python Philosophers Song playing in their head.

There's nothing Nietzche couldn't teach ya
'Bout the raising of the wrist
Socrates, himself, was permanently *****

yes i censored the last part, it may mean drunk but still.
10/26/2016 04:25 PMPosted by Thurid

Level 52 and rising
Skoal

Yeah I know what you are trying to say, but Teritia brought up begging as an example of what generosity is vs. social contract, so it's very reasonable to assume her intention was closer to the posts we were exchanging at the time.
I don't pay attention to chat.

Problem solved.
Thanks for reminding me. I keep forgetting to get this addon.
10/25/2016 01:40 PMPosted by Einsteine
Nope. Couldn't be more wrong. They didn't even start demanding loot until this add-on came along. Thus, this thread.

Dude people been begging for loot from each other since patch 1.0.

I know I've been playing since Vanilla.

Look the gold gains from vendoring it are not enough incentive for me to care about a drop that's not an upgrade.

Also if your that determined to get greens and blues and !@#$ for enchanting plenty of ways to get that. And even with that Addon there will still be plenty of drops that nobody wants or needs.

People making a big deal about gear they're just gonna vendor is like somebody in Vanilla making a big stink about spending 20 copper.
10/26/2016 03:18 PMPosted by Chawana
No wonder all the [White Male Privilege] is being called out nowadays...

Damn addons.

Edit: Too bad this forum doesn't have a sense of humor. I posted this expecting downvotes, I suppose, but it's still a pity.

The joke, is that white male privilege is often called out when it doesn't exist (homeless white guy being told to admit to it), and that addons are to blame...because it relates to the thread.

Sigh, whatever. I give up. Downvote me to hell for all I care.

if you have to explain the joke
there is no joke
10/23/2016 04:11 PMPosted by Arsora
Someone runs that add-on and uses that to demand a piece of loot from you... walk up to them, open trade window, put the item into it... wait for them to accept... then close the window, push your Disenchant Button, disenchant it in front of them, and then say "QQ."

I feel that is mean. Just politely say as an enchanter I need to stock up on mats. No benefit to perform overly dramatic behaviour.
The addon is a godsend in modern personal loot dungeonns/raids.

It mentions that an item is tradable and an upgrade for someone.

If you get a peice of gear and don't want to give it away. Just say so. Stop blaming an addon because you don't want to communicate with a human.

And don't get offended if someone doesn't like that you are sharing or vendoring a peice of gear that they could use.

There is going to be a disagreement about how to handle loot. (Better for the group, better for yourself).

Personally I have ZERO issues trading loot to people that provides an upgrade to them. I have chased down an forcibly traded dps ilvl upgrades that were announced by the addon.

I used the addon to gear our guild. I am not turning it off because you don't have the social graces to deal with a pushy/demanding/or rude request. Grow up. Say no. But don't ruin something so useful for the rest of us.

I don't have 10 minutes after each boss to inspect, check and bs around about who can use what loot. The addon points out where the loot can go. If people are Jerks beyond that, it's not the addon making them behave like that.
I do not ike this addon, nor the reason that some choose to use it.

However, I will fight to the death for your right to use it.

- Solomon Gunn
You CAN make the addon whisper you and ONLY you; It IS good because some people won't mind giving away gear they don't need (like myself) even though I'm an enchanter, blizzard should not break it down as it has helped me a lot and many other peoples, but make it whisper ONLY is more appropriate.
10/27/2016 12:34 AMPosted by Malbideon
10/26/2016 03:18 PMPosted by Chawana
No wonder all the [White Male Privilege] is being called out nowadays...

Damn addons.

Edit: Too bad this forum doesn't have a sense of humor. I posted this expecting downvotes, I suppose, but it's still a pity.

The joke, is that white male privilege is often called out when it doesn't exist (homeless white guy being told to admit to it), and that addons are to blame...because it relates to the thread.

Sigh, whatever. I give up. Downvote me to hell for all I care.

if you have to explain the joke
there is no joke

Comments like this are extremely easy to make.

It also means I've given up on letting it be up to interpretation, and therefor given up on the 'joke' as a whole.

It's already apparent that no one found it funny, I accept that, but it doesn't mean no joke exists.

I'm prepared for the further downvotes anyway...perhaps I'm simply easy to amuse.