Workaround to greyed out action bar issue.

Hunter
Oh thank you, I can't wait to try this tomorrow.
Hey all,

I just wanted to jump in here since I saw several threads about it.

This is something that is already being looked into and a fix is being worked on. Like several have mentioned as a workaround you are able to use pets that don't stealth or turn off your pets "Prowl" ability for the time being.
10/27/2016 11:18 AMPosted by Misswitch
Thanks, I will try that. Also, my call pet button doesn't work. I have to go into my spellbook and manually click it. It's hard to find the right pet because there's no pics, just whistles with title of "call pet 1", etc.

I've been having this problem too :(
I am having the same issue. I tried using the no-prowl pet method and it didnt work for me. Its quite confusing as it makes it difficult to know if you are low on energy and it doesnt happen on every ability - the Barrage and Explosive Shot buttons are fine. All the rest are greyed out.
"Posted by Halkriel
Hey all,

I just wanted to jump in here since I saw several threads about it.

This is something that is already being looked into and a fix is being worked on. Like several have mentioned as a workaround you are able to use pets that don't stealth or turn off your pets "Prowl" ability for the time being."

Looks like a fix is on the way.
I've put my Stealth pets on vacation until a fix and no issues since.
The call Button issue dissapeared on its own earlier and was probably related to addons (Flo totem bars ?) as this is the first thing I looked into after removing my WTF and cache folders.
no its still happening , no matter what i do its still grayed out
Same here, i use a bear it doesn't stealth so what do i do
I have been having the same problem.........everything is greyed out so you cant tell what is on cool down and what is ready to go.

My quick fix.........go into settings and change your display to a clock counter for your abilities. In other words, change the settings to where you have a countdown clock on each ability button while it is on cool down.

Everything is still greyed out, but you now have a small clock on each ability that is on cooldown, when the clock reaches 0 it is good to go. Its not ideal, but at least it makes you hunter playable with a functional rotation.
In two cases where I was not running a pet at the time, the issue still happened. One was right after a teleport. I think the other was end the end of a flight.

Its not just the spell buttons that are greyed out, but any use ones too. For example my trinket is greyed out as well as MOLL-E mailbox plus others.

At least now I can re-install all my AddOns. Blizz support said its was addons issue and had me reinstall the game after removing addons didn't fix the issue. Been running without addons for a while now so finger pointing to addons would stop. The problem has continued without any addons. But on a side note, when Blizz logs into my hunter the buttons are *always* reset into working condition.
I guess the only thing we can do is wait for a patch... :(
10/27/2016 10:37 AMPosted by Akheela
For anyone who has had the greyed out action bar issue on your hunter I found out that it may be related to certain pets. Apparently any pets that have the ability to stealth, when they go into stealth it causes a bug that is causing your action bars to grey out as if on cool down. If you change pets in go to one that doesn't stealth, the skills reappear off cool down and the issue should not return. Have tested on my wife's hunter with a non stealth pet and has not had bars grey out on her in 5 hours. Possibly stealth related issue.

Deserves way more than the 13 likes it currently has. Well done doing Blizzard's job for them. This was annoying me and I couldn't figure it out.
10/27/2016 09:06 PMPosted by Lilleta
10/27/2016 11:18 AMPosted by Misswitch
Thanks, I will try that. Also, my call pet button doesn't work. I have to go into my spellbook and manually click it. It's hard to find the right pet because there's no pics, just whistles with title of "call pet 1", etc.

I've been having this problem too :(

I've had this issue happen a few times myself. Also every now and then when I feign death it glitches out and shows me as having 0 health and 0 focus, yet I can still attack things, but I cannot speak or sell things as I am "dead." Logging out is the only way I know to fix that.
And the sad thing is, I've evidently assimilated the cooldown times on all my beast mastery hunter's abilities, and just keep clicking the dimmed ones without apparent affect on his dps. It's just unnerving.
10/27/2016 10:37 AMPosted by Akheela
For anyone who has had the greyed out action bar issue on your hunter I found out that it may be related to certain pets. Apparently any pets that have the ability to stealth, when they go into stealth it causes a bug that is causing your action bars to grey out as if on cool down. If you change pets in go to one that doesn't stealth, the skills reappear off cool down and the issue should not return. Have tested on my wife's hunter with a non stealth pet and has not had bars grey out on her in 5 hours. Possibly stealth related issue.

i just experienced this bug for the first time ever. i generally run around on my BM hunter with a spirit beast, but generally never use it's stealth. action bar "greyed out" after entering combat for the first time after having stealthed my pet

seems to lend a lot of credence to your theory that this is caused by pet stealth

and a lot of credence to the theory that this patch is dog!@#$
While I'm happy to hear a fix is in the works, I'd have been happier to hear when we could expect it. This is not only frustrating, but the workaround is a damage decrease and not optimal for me so yeah.
10/27/2016 02:44 PMPosted by Leetch
Now if it would only get my pet to unstealth. I switched back to BM for some grinding last night and watch as Hati was mashing stuff while my pet slowly limped towards the mobs....it looked like it was crawling in stealth. Mind you this is the spirit moose so it doesn't have stealth.

Blizz screwed the pooch on this one.

Yeah my pets have been moving so slow that I have to dismiss it and resummon it while getting beat on because my pet is crawling. Not fun at all. Other times I will walk over a twig and my pet get stuck on it and I have to unsummon it and resummon it to get it to fight.

This expansion has been horrible to hunters. I have also seen my pet just standing there and not doing anything in a fight. I have to put on passive and then back to assist to get it to fight. I have died a few times because FD on CD and pet sits there watching me die. The only reason I am still playing hunter right now is that I am 1/2 days away from having all factions at exalted. Then packing him away for a while till they fix the MANY bugs in hunters
10/27/2016 01:14 PMPosted by Akheela
From what I've seen it's only when they use it, like when you log in it takes a couple minutes or seconds for the pet to put itself in stealth, and then you lose the bars to the grey out. Or when you land from a flight paths the same thing, as well as zoning into new zones after a load screen.

Confirmed on my hunter; it is related to when your stealthable pet goes into stealth on login. Summon a pet that does not use stealth - ex: a bear - and relog. Solved the issue for me.
Blizz -- PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!

I was just trying to do withered training -- ported in - all abilities grayed out -- so re-logged and lo and behold -- not only do I get ported out of scenario, but lose the 1300 mana as well!!!! What a bloody waste --- please fix this bug!!!!!!!
another workaround is to make macrobuttons for each shot - at least they show bright