Workaround to greyed out action bar issue.

Hunter
10/27/2016 09:05 PMPosted by Halkriel
Hey all,

I just wanted to jump in here since I saw several threads about it.

This is something that is already being looked into and a fix is being worked on. Like several have mentioned as a workaround you are able to use pets that don't stealth or turn off your pets "Prowl" ability for the time being.

BLIZZARD

IT IS HAPPENING TO PRIESTS TOO

Please help us it happens after we Mind Control someone check the priest forums
10/27/2016 03:43 PMPosted by Gwynevaere
I don't think it's a Prowl button on the task bar issue. I have that button on my task bar now and it's work ok for now, as long as I don't port to Dalaran.

What worked for me yesterday was the following:

1. Dismiss pet
2. Relog
3. Call pet back.

Seems like there's quite a few workaround -- but the bottom line is that we just need it fixed.
The only time that the buttons have NEVER grayed out is when hearthing to Shal'Aran. I'm not sure how significant that is -- but porting or flying to other places will trigger it, as well as logging in (when pet goes into stealth) -----but not when going to Shal'Aran. There has to be a reason for that.
This bug just happened to me for the first time and drove me mad before I checked the forums. I tamed a cat in Suramar with stealth. My bars would stay grey even if I then switched to a non exotic pet. I found to remove the stealth from the new cat worked. FINALLY. So moral of the story - still happening.

I was about to lose my damn mind. I got rid of all addons and still couldnt even use my call pet on my bars. Had to use it from the spell book.
10/27/2016 10:37 AMPosted by Akheela
For anyone who has had the greyed out action bar issue on your hunter I found out that it may be related to certain pets. Apparently any pets that have the ability to stealth, when they go into stealth it causes a bug that is causing your action bars to grey out as if on cool down. If you change pets in go to one that doesn't stealth, the skills reappear off cool down and the issue should not return. Have tested on my wife's hunter with a non stealth pet and has not had bars grey out on her in 5 hours. Possibly stealth related issue.

your right have to use a crappy pet because blizz sucks
Just as an update, we believe we were able to locate the cause and are working on a fix for this issue. Thank you all again for all of your patience on this issue, I know it's frustrating having to leave your pets out of stealth right now.
11/16/2016 06:28 PMPosted by Halkriel
Just as an update, we believe we were able to locate the cause and are working on a fix for this issue. Thank you all again for all of your patience on this issue, I know it's frustrating having to leave your pets out of stealth right now.

Thank you!
This is not the only issue with pets.
Hunter pets really needs a work around.
All those stealth nerfs finally catching up with Blizz.
11/16/2016 07:24 PMPosted by Mindsphere
11/16/2016 06:28 PMPosted by Halkriel

Thank you!
This is not the only issue with pets.
Hunter pets really needs a work around.

I think all the bizarre issues with pets going combat bugged or unresponsive, guards randomly attacking players for no reason, water walking mounts deciding to not work, are all somehow related.

Whatever it is I never experienced any if it until 7.1 but ever since, idk. Sometimes I can play for hours at a clip and be fine. Other times, my pet bugs out every time I enter combat, I have to completely log off and log back in over and over and over until I get so frustrated that I turn the game off.

The thing to do, I mean I'm sure they have some idea what they did to break the game, they ought to just go back and un-do it... but they never do that. Here's hoping that it won't be another 20 days for them to finally un-break this game to the point that it no longer feels like an alpha release.

I've played WoW off and on since they first started the time-limited free trials and continuously since early Cataclysm, and the game has never been as buggy as it has been the past 20 days. I'm honestly at the point to where if I didn't have a bunch of game tokens already redeemed, I'd be taking a month or two off in hopes the game would be unfcuked by the time i came back.
I am hoping. even if the patch notes mentioned nothing specifically about this bug, that they have finally addressed it. As recent as yesterday, still having all the same problems, and really hated having to completely exit the game to reset greyed out buttons. Nov. 16 was last Blue Post, and here we are almost 2 months later......
Fingers crossed
this happens on my feral druid, i was wondering why this was happening for a long time but never got around to asking about it here. what's taking Blizzard so long?
None of this works ffs
I started a hunter alt for fun recently and was surprised when I encountered this very frustrating bug.

I wanted to play lonewolf anyway but even so it's too bad that it's been nearly a year since this thread was created and the issue is still not solved.
10/27/2016 09:05 PMPosted by Halkriel
Hey all,

I just wanted to jump in here since I saw several threads about it.

This is something that is already being looked into and a fix is being worked on. Like several have mentioned as a workaround you are able to use pets that don't stealth or turn off your pets "Prowl" ability for the time being.

Buff BM, please.
Greyed out lock stones exist even though it's not on CD. It can be greyed out and will still work when pressed. The greyed out action bar item makes it look like it is on CD. Bug.

Oh yeah, BM needs love. Have you seen the latest warcraft log damage averages?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17

Doesn't look too good for BM this raid tier. I am hoping that blizzard leverages information like this to assist with their class balancing.