Feels like the Legion is missing from Legion.

General Discussion
Definitely feels that way storywise.

The Legion coordinates organized attacks across Azeroth, beats our combined might at Broken Shore, and then they just all decide to leave while we consolidate all this power.

What are they waiting for?
WE ARE THE LEGION AND HAVE CONQUERED THOUSANDS OF PLANETS.....and as soon as we get a boat we will launch our invasion from the small island we inhabit.
They're present in Suramar and Azsuna, but I agree. For an expansion called "Legion" there should be more of the actual Legion around.

I would love to see some sort of invasion event that cycles throughout the broken isles tho, or even back in Azeroth. It was great having quests take me back there, I'd love to see more things do the same.
10/12/2016 06:24 PMPosted by Yuda
They're present in Suramar and Azsuna, but I agree. For an expansion called "Legion" there should be more of the actual Legion around.

[/quote]

I can dig the anti-legion fatigue reason for not having them everywhere yet, but it still feels wierd that most NPC's are waaaay more conerned with day to day problems then ol' Hannibal at the gates.
10/12/2016 03:53 PMPosted by Teriva
I mean pre-patch was great. Really had the invasion feel. Just, you know, where did that go?

I was thinking the same thing recently.

It would be like saying the entire US was under threat of invasion because they basically took a couple of beaches in Hawaii.

Was the invasion event the true invasion and at this point we pushed them all the way back to the broken isles?

Like from a lore perspective are we "winning" right now?
10/12/2016 06:19 PMPosted by Silverhelm
WE ARE THE LEGION AND HAVE CONQUERED THOUSANDS OF PLANETS.....and as soon as we get a boat we will launch our invasion from the small island we inhabit.

I'm surprised we haven't seen those giant flying battle cruisers sneaking around as subs. I mean they're spaceships as well as buildings, why not go for the last hurdle and make them submersible vessels too so we have the complete trifecta of combat vectors.
We just came from months and months of fighting demons in HFC.

I assume Blizzard wants to avoid demon fatigue. We're taking out the Legion's allies, then on to the Tomb of Sargeras to fight them, then who knows.

Kinda like how more than half of Northrend isn't about fighting the Scourge. They're saving them for later content.
10/12/2016 06:13 PMPosted by Zipzo
10/12/2016 04:17 PMPosted by Tsuvani

Watching eight hours of television isn't binging?
Do you call it binging on work every day after you get home?

binge
a short period devoted to indulging in an activity to excess

good luck, high five
There needs to be Legion invasions in the Broken Isles. The areas around the Temple of Elune, Shal'aran and Thunder Totem should be surrounded with Legion mobs. Do the same thing that was done in the old world zones but in the new zones. That would be pretty damn fun.
Isn't Nomi enough BURNING for us right now?
In Cataclysm, Deathwing had prominent presence pre-launch, but once the content hit we were frolicking with elementals for the most part. Then firelands came and we face.... the lord of fire elementals.

It wasn't until patch 4.3 that Deathwing really became relevant.

Wrath of the Lich King is the only expansion I can think of where the main anatagonist had prominent presence throughout the entire expansion.
One invasion event per week even would be cool, kinda like the world bosses
I like the expansion, but it kinda feels like the Legion itself is mostly absent. Sure, some of them here and there but it just doesn't feel like the most massive army ever coming at us full bore.

Bulwinkle cows are worried about cave monsters. Lich king Norse got their own thing goin on. Hippy Elves have bad dreams. Magic elves need a fix. What might be a legion zone is split with blue dragons, and water giants.

We go around fixing their problems but nobody seems all that legion focused.

I mean pre-patch was great. Really had the invasion feel. Just, you know, where did that go?

until we manage to take the fight to the twisting nether, you are talking about an army that is quite literally INVINCIBLE

OF COURSE the best plan for them is to get their footholds and just keep trickling units with no cost at all while we waste every resource we have on hollow, empty victories and minor setbacks. plus, the entire legion strategy is designed to destroy the morale of whoever they face.

they are doing the very best considering their position of INVINCIBLE GODS who keep coming back from the dead
10/13/2016 11:08 AMPosted by Deadthor
I like the expansion, but it kinda feels like the Legion itself is mostly absent. Sure, some of them here and there but it just doesn't feel like the most massive army ever coming at us full bore.

Bulwinkle cows are worried about cave monsters. Lich king Norse got their own thing goin on. Hippy Elves have bad dreams. Magic elves need a fix. What might be a legion zone is split with blue dragons, and water giants.

We go around fixing their problems but nobody seems all that legion focused.

until we manage to take the fight to the twisting nether, you are talking about an army that is quite literally INVINCIBLE

OF COURSE the best plan for them is to get their footholds and just keep trickling units with no cost at all while we waste every resource we have on hollow, empty victories and minor setbacks. plus, the entire legion strategy is designed to destroy the morale of whoever they face.

they are doing the very best considering their position of INVINCIBLE GODS who keep coming back from the dead

We do that too. Illidan even adds it to in game cannon if you choose to sacrifice yourself during the DH intro, as he chats with you about your immortality as you do the corpse run.

Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object?

Well played blizz..