Felguard pet needs a new skin

Warlock
1 2 3 6 Next
We have had the same Felguard skin for quite some time.
As a Demo Lock I would love to see an updated skin for our pet or even a glyph version. I see the Fel Lord demons everywhere and they look amazing, their armor, the veins popping up all over them, they looks menacing and that is exactly what we need.
Make it happen Blizz!
To be honest, i rather have new pet as a Demo Lock

No offense - as much as i liked Felguard, i'm tired of using the same pet forever.

Its been way over 10 years, and our pet roster basically remain unchanged.

In an expansion about Demonic Invasion, and how Demo is being reworked to be master summoner - the word disappointed doesn't even begin to describe what a great chance has been..... walked off.

We faced old gods, immortal beings, destroyer of worlds, elemental lords, even the burning legion itself - and yet we still cant control a Pit Lord? seriously.
10/19/2016 11:18 AMPosted by Fairyland
To be honest, i rather have new pet as a Demo Lock

No offense - as much as i liked Felguard, i'm tired of using the same pet forever.

Its been way over 10 years, and our pet roster basically remain unchanged.

In an expansion about Demonic Invasion, and how Demo is being reworked to be master summoner - the word disappointed doesn't even begin to describe what a great chance has been..... walked off.

We faced old gods, immortal beings, destroyer of worlds, elemental lords, even the burning legion itself - and yet we still cant control a Pit Lord? seriously.

I agree 100%
I am pretty disappointed that we did not get a new pet with our artifact. Look at the BM hunters. they get that awesome artifact pet.
Look at the famous Warlocks, Grand Warlock Wilfred Fizzlebang, for instance. he summoned the amazing Jaraxxus.
I mean at least give us an updates Felguard skin, we're a pet spec, we love our pets.
The felguard skin was added in 6.2 of WOD, I believe. Compare it to the actual old model and it's way more detailed.

http://i.imgur.com/VtoA0zM.png

Fel Lords just look better because Zakuum was a Fel Lord, so the model got a lot of work and attention.

Just be glad they *finally* updated our terribad vanilla Infernal model after 12 years.

And Fairyland, Pit Lords are actually pretty high ranking demons. They're about on par with things like Dreadlords and Eredar... not to be taken lightly. Keep in mind the Number 3 for the Burning Legion has always been Mannoroth.

Look at the famous Warlocks, Grand Warlock Wilfred Fizzlebang, for instance. he summoned the amazing Jaraxxus.

Who then promptly killed him. Perhaps a cautionary tale?
10/19/2016 11:23 AMPosted by Rotrude
The felguard skin was added in 6.2 of WOD, I believe. Compare it to the actual old model and it's way more detailed.

Fel Lords just look better because Zakuum was a Fel Lord, so the model got a lot of work and attention.

Just be glad they *finally* updated our terribad vanilla Infernal model after 12 years.

And Fairyland, Pit Lords are actually pretty high ranking demons. They're about on par with things like Dreadlords and Eredar... not to be taken lightly. Keep in mind the Number 3 for the Burning Legion has always been Mannoroth.

I agree that summoning an especially high ranking demon might be a little overkill, but I think a Fel Lord skin for our Felguards is defitnely a doable request.

I agree that summoning an especially high ranking demon might be a little overkill, but I think a Fel Lord skin for our Felguards is defitnely a doable request.

This is more agreeable. I actually feel like this is what Grimoire of Supremacy should do for Demonology warlocks.
I'd love to see the abilities to summon Wrathguards, Shivarra, Observers, etc... and not as cosmetic Glyphs... ACTUALLY add them to our summoning list...
While a permanent fel lord would be pretty cool, it might run into a bit of an issue stemming from the fact that demo already HAS a fel lord in the pvp talents. That by itself could lead to awkward visuals with you having a tiny fel lord running around and a huge one that just stands there.

With that in mind I'd personally rather have a glyph that turns the felguard into a void wraith (the tall narrow voidwalker looking aberrations). Felstorm could change in animation to the void wrath collapsing into a black hole ( I'd say the gravitational force qualifies as physical damage instead of shadow, so no issue there ) and the the cleave ability could be waves of kinetic force that wrap the targets in void energy to dampen healing.
The Fel Lord is awesome the way it is now.
10/19/2016 12:43 PMPosted by Lystrad
While a permanent fel lord would be pretty cool, it might run into a bit of an issue stemming from the fact that demo already HAS a fel lord in the pvp talents. That by itself could lead to awkward visuals with you having a tiny fel lord running around and a huge one that just stands there.

With that in mind I'd personally rather have a glyph that turns the felguard into a void wraith (the tall narrow voidwalker looking aberrations). Felstorm could change in animation to the void wrath collapsing into a black hole ( I'd say the gravitational force qualifies as physical damage instead of shadow, so no issue there ) and the the cleave ability could be waves of kinetic force that wrap the targets in void energy to dampen healing.

Looks like we all have good ideas about cool skins that our special demon can/should be for Demo. PLEASE BLIZZARD, respond to our request, let us know if we can get this.
There are absolutely different sizes, ages and ranks in each demon species.

The pit lords (annihilan) have Mannoroth at the pinnacle, but others like Azgalor, Brutalis, Magtheridon and the former king of the Dreadscar are all lesser examples of the race.

We can control the infernal even though greater ones like Supremus exist.

We can control the doomguard even though greater doom lords like Kaz'rogal and Kazzak exist.

We've proven in the order hall campaign that we can permanently enslave and control an intelligent sentient humanoid demon that was a level 70 Sunwell raid boss in the Eredar Twins; despite the fact Archimonde and Kil'jaeden exist.

We've proven we can enslave a pit lord in the green fire quest fighting Karenthad.

In fact the only demon race that wouldn't willingly serve a powerful warlock master is dread lord like Mal'ganis or Mephistroth.
They are too ambitious and cunning by nature, and would seek to betray you at any opportunity.

Otherwise, the entire burning legion is made of lesser sized demons serving a stronger master.

There is no reason you shouldn't be able to have a Fel Lord or Pit Lord as your primary demon, as long it wasn't larger than the infernal we already have.
10/19/2016 01:47 PMPosted by Phosley
There are absolutely different sizes, ages and ranks in each demon species.

The pit lords (annihilan) have Mannoroth at the pinnacle, but others like Azgalor, Brutalis, Magtheridon and the former king of the Dreadscar are all lesser examples of the race.

We can control the infernal even though greater ones like Supremus exist.

We can control the doomguard even though greater doom lords like Kaz'rogal and Kazzak exist.

We've proven in the order hall campaign that we can permanently enslave and control an intelligent sentient humanoid demon that was a level 70 Sunwell raid boss in the Eredar Twins; despite the fact Archimonde and Kil'jaeden exist.

We've proven we can enslave a pit lord in the green fire quest fighting Karenthad.

In fact the only demon race that wouldn't willingly serve a powerful warlock master is dread lord like Mal'ganis or Mephistroth.
They are too ambitious and cunning by nature, and would seek to betray you at any opportunity.

Otherwise, the entire burning legion is made of lesser sized demons serving a stronger master.

There is no reason you shouldn't be able to have a Fel Lord or Pit Lord as your primary demon, as long it wasn't larger than the infernal we already have.

Thank you sir. Very valid points and this is exactly what I am trying to say.

I know - which makes it even more fitting of power showcasing.

What screams 'i am a master of demons' better than actually commanding a high ranking demon, which other specs couldn't?

I still have chills down my spine when i recall enslaving the Pit Lord during the green fire boss. That felt epic.

and yes, great post by Phosley.
C'mon Blizzard. This is something we need. If your reading this then please share why you wouldn't wanna do this for us.
Warlock need new pet for pve: Fel Lord (can be pet for grimoire of supremacy - demonology)
10/20/2016 11:48 AMPosted by Albiondragon
Warlock need new pet for pve: Fel Lord (can be pet for grimoire of supremacy - demonology)

I don't think a new grimoire of supremacy pet is necessary, idk. I think we just need a new skin for our Felguard.
bumping for more awareness on this.
don't we have a wrathguard glyph?
10/21/2016 02:55 PMPosted by Desync
I don't think a new grimoire of supremacy pet is necessary, idk. I think we just need a new skin for our Felguard.

Been putting some time and research on this.

Its pretty clear that they deliberately designed our pets to be different from hunters. So its highly likely that 'tame a new pet' treatment would simply be discarded to avoid homogenization.

So - How do we "spice" up pets for warlocks but still remain 'unique' from hunters?

My proposal: A modified transmog system that provides alternative skins for our pets.

Consider it an expansion of our current pet glyphs, but adding alot more options/customization to it.

Imagine: Now we get to choose between the old "purple" wrathguard or the legion version. how about a blue doomguard? not to mention the plentiful color/variation of imps and succubus we seen in our travels.

We can even expand to raid bosses - Alizabal/Mother Shahraz for a more "weaponized" Shivarra? or perhaps Supremus because blue fire infernal is 'cool'?
or maybe even Fel Lord Zakuun for a more BAMF felguard? possibilities are endless.

It can also be a fun process collecting the 'skins' - a drop specified for warlocks maybe? or some interesting requirement, like the specific pet must be present for the kill: Infernal pet must be up while killing Supremus and so on?

Limitations, of course, will be applied - Each family of pets can only use existing 'skins' of their family: imps can be 'mogged' into fel imps, but not a voidwalker etc.

Likely this would only be a wet dream, but i sure hope we get something exciting.

ps: for now though, here's something developers can do without taking months to 'fix' - reduce the pet renaming cost on demon trainer. 50g is ridiculously overpriced.
Where did the wrathguard glyph go???