Why no Auction House in Dalaran?

General Discussion
Did someone from Blizzard explain why there's no auction house in Dalaran? Seems a bit strange they want Dal to be the central hub of the expansion, and we have to port to Draenor or Origmmar / Stormwind to visit an auction house.
You need to be Eng, to use the dalaran ah
10/11/2016 09:12 AMPosted by Gnomêrlock
I'm not asking how to use the dalaran ah, please read my question again.
its always been that way in Dalaran, if you want to use that AH be an engineer.

you guys really would have hated playing in BC and Wrath... things are so much easier and all you people ever do is complain.
I can understand why they have not put an Ah in Dalaran. If they did that then what reason would there be for for level 100+ characters to go to any other city?

I think the reasoning behind this was to keep higher level players going to main capital cities.
Yeah, that is something that bothers me too! I don't like the fact that Engi's get the it while the rest of us have to suffer, granted it is only a portal a way, but none the less an inconvience!
delete
10/11/2016 09:16 AMPosted by Cynniline
Yeah, that is something that bothers me too! I don't like the fact that Engi's get the it while the rest of us have to suffer, granted it is only a portal a way, but none the less an inconvience!

Cry yourself a river, build a bridge and get over it.
like that place needs even more congestion than it already has.

at least attempt to think with your few brain cells before typing out something stupid like this again
The Dalaran AH is the only perk we Engineers get this expansion.

Don't take it away!

10/11/2016 09:20 AMPosted by Deadthor
like that place needs even more congestion than it already has.

This is the traditional reason for not putting an Auction House in the expansion cities like Dalaran or Shrine.
10/11/2016 09:16 AMPosted by Cynniline

Engineers got utterly screwed this expansion. I'm perfectly fine with them having the AH, if the only inconvenience I get is that I need to spend an extra two minutes to get to one myself.
They don't want older cities to be completely deserted.

You can Take the Dal 7.0 portal to SW/Org, use the AH, then take their portals back to Dal 7.0 in a very small amount of time

Seven Stars/Two Moons and Dal Classic had the same setup.

Just another developer quirk
10/11/2016 09:14 AMPosted by Hony

TBC: no AH (they are there now, but were added years later)
Wrath: Engineer-only AH in Dalaran (converted to general use much later)
Cataclysm: no new hub at all.
Pandaria: Engineer-only AH in the Shrines
Draenor: Stormshield/Warspear was the first "new" central hub to feature an Auction house for general use.
Legion: Engineer-only AH in Dalaran

The Draenor experience of a new general-use AH was the exception to the rule, not the norm. In Legion, it's status quo ante.
Regardless of the wisdom of the decision, remember we have a couple workarounds:

1. Dal has a port to your faction capital, and your faction capital has a port to Dal.

2. Out in the open world? Hearth to Shrine, port to any capital ah, hearth back to Dal.

3. Got some garrison stuff you want to do for some reason? Or maybe you're out in the world and your Shrine hearth is on cd? We have a hearth to garrison (yay!), which at level 3 has a port to an ah, which has a port back to faction capital, back to Dal.

Good luck!
10/11/2016 09:14 AMPosted by Hony

There wasn't one in the Wrath Dalaran unless you were an engineer.
The Dal AH is like the only upside to being an engineer in Legion, don't take that from us D:
10/11/2016 09:09 AMPosted by Hony
Did someone from Blizzard explain why there's no auction house in Dalaran? Seems a bit strange they want Dal to be the central hub of the expansion, and we have to port to Draenor or Origmmar / Stormwind to visit an auction house.

the orig dal didnt have one either