Remove Necrotic.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
10/12/2016 01:26 PMPosted by Dîomedes

Then how do you know they aren't broken?

'cause he's a Mythic raider. That immediately makes him knowledgeable about all 36 specs in the game, clearly, despite logs proving different.

/s

Well unfortunately for you, he came and offered you a few suggestions on talents and you just dismiss them.

You immediately come to the forums to whine after you took a dirt nap. Instead of coming in asking for help or tips to overcome, you result to saying the affix is broken and invalidates your class. Watching some YouTube videos of people actually doing what you're complaining about easily dismisses your complaint. If they can do it, why can't you?

I know the answer, you fail to adapt or you're not willing to adapt. Ever heard of a talent called Goerfiends Grasp, you can talent into that gives your D&D a 50% slow?
10/12/2016 01:47 PMPosted by Atraeus
10/12/2016 01:44 PMPosted by Smallwall
Also, necrotic lowers absorbs including ignore pain too.

So what you're saying is Blood is double-gimped?

Thanks for adding more fuel to the fire ;)

I'm starting to feel bad for you.

Just stop.

'cause he's a Mythic raider. That immediately makes him knowledgeable about all 36 specs in the game, clearly, despite logs proving different.

/s

Well unfortunately for you, he came and offered you a few suggestions on talents and you just dismiss them.

You immediately come to the forums to whine after you took a dirt nap. Instead of coming in asking for help or tips to overcome, you result to saying the affix is broken and invalidates your class. Watching some YouTube videos of people actually doing what you're complaining about easily dismisses your complaint. If they can do it, why can't you?

I know the answer, you fail to adapt or you're not willing to adapt. Ever heard of a talent called Goerfiends Grasp, you can talent into that gives your D&D a 50% slow?

Anyone who downvotes this is a carebear that agree's everything should be handed over on a golden platter
I like how you just say that as if Protection Paladins were not tuned around Light of the Protector.

...They're not? Paladins are DEFINITELY not tuned around LoTP/HoTP.

They're tuned around SOTR, obviously.
10/12/2016 01:44 PMPosted by Robotronic
10/12/2016 01:40 PMPosted by Murlocholmes
Blood is not in as good of a state as it has been in recent times, nobody questions that.

They're not so bad they're completely unusable unless the person playing the DK is so bad they make it completely unusable.
We're the weakest tanks and need something to help us. As I've said in other posts, it doesn't need to be a huge buff. They need to fix how Bone Shield works (DoTs chewing up stacks), turn up a few numbers--especially Mastery/Blood Shield--and give us IBF back (or make Rune Tap baseline).
Don't get me wrong, I agree that blood needs some serious tuning.

Hell, our DPS could use some tuning if they're going to take classes that already dealt reasonable damage when played well, like warlocks, and buff the hell out of them because they're a bunch of loudmouth crybabies.

All I'm saying is that the affixes aren't so bad that you can't complete the dungeon. If you're failing to complete the mythic+ it's a case of the tank, the dps, or possibly even the healer not having any idea what to do.
10/12/2016 02:06 PMPosted by Murlocholmes
All I'm saying is that the affixes aren't so bad that you can't complete the dungeon. If you're failing to complete the mythic+ it's a case of the tank, the dps, or possibly even the healer not having any idea what to do.
I just think Necrotic as-is is too punishing to Blood compared to some other tank classes. They just need to make it not hurt my self-heals and not eat Bone Shield stacks.

Also, just did a +10. Please kill me.
10/12/2016 11:48 AMPosted by Shekz
i did a +9 with necrotic and raging last night.
Get a good group and quit being a carebear.
tank stun or dps stun the adds and kite for 4 seconds.. debuff is off. or just do more healing.
Btw im the healer:P

Pretty sure it is actually 12 seconds..
10/13/2016 02:15 AMPosted by Verbatim
Pretty sure it is actually 12 seconds..

Yep is around 12 seconds, the strategy to stun and kite works for most packs. Even as a warrior tank I have to start kiting at around 15 stacks, I use shockwave and then somebody else stuns them while I run away waiting for the stacks to drops. This is how i handle most of the packs, some instances have some annoying mobs that are immune to cc, but you can pull most of those mobs alone so is not a big deal.

Necrotic is a tank killer, no matter what tank you are, ignore the pain is most of my damage reduction anyway it affect me just as much as a dk tank.

10/12/2016 12:28 PMPosted by Atraeus
Protection Warriors are entirely based around Ignore Pain

You do know necrotics kills ignore pain right?

So that is another tank completely nullified by necrotic(that is what? 5 out of 6?) so we learn from this topic the the tank that is the least affected by it is druid.

Also I find out the best defensive I have for necrotic is last stand, dk main cd is like that and you can reduce the cd by a lot.
I must be doing something wrong, I just feel like Necrotic kicks my butt everytime. Like way more punishing than anything I've seen before in mythic plus.
Otherwise, they seem mostly fine. They most likely are a bit undertuned, but then again, Prot Paladins aren't that well off in the mitigation department and we do good enough.

... ... ... Did you really just draw a comparison between bdk mitigation and prot pally mitigation-- ONLY to insist that dks are "mostly fine" and that prot pally "aren't that well off"?

You are so completely clueless I do not even know where to begin correcting you... The amount of mitigation possessed by a prot pally is obscene by comparison.

The part that really killed me was when you mention Bone Shield as mitigation... Bone shield is there because bdk cannot use shields; it is a skill to replace bdk's lack of a shield. It would be like a prot pally needing to spend several gcd's and resources JUST to be on par for incoming damage when compared to another plate tank that could simply be afk to achieve the same level of damage reduction.
I like how everyone is boiling this down to the DK being a baby, or complaining !@#$ is too hard when he's actually just being correct. I have literally 0 problems tanking Necrotic on my prot pally, and have yet to complete one on my Blood Dk. It just does not seem possible, the amount of cleanses/slows/stuns that a pally gets to creating kiting space vs a dk who literally can't do anything is unreal. Necrotic is a %^-*fest if you're a blood dk, sorry for this week. Better luck next.
Just pretend it's a time gate and you're not allowed to do M+ until its over. I mean, how would that be different than any of the other content in Legion?
10/12/2016 12:28 PMPosted by Atraeus
Protection Warriors are entirely based around Ignore Pain

This is not even relavent though, due to the fact that you can just shockwave and leap away. Clearing your stacks. Dk's, with little to no mobility and no aoe stun, are again rendered useless.
They needed to just give DK's a little shadow or blood pool teleport. Like Reaper from Overwatch or something. Just faster.

But no, they 1:1 took Leoric's Wraith Walk from HotS down to the same name and animation. Fan service is fun but Leoric sucks butt in HotS, don't take his kit and put it anywhere.
A thread about DK's? Blizzard can't see it
10/17/2016 04:46 PMPosted by Donkeyman
This is not even relavent though, due to the fact that you can just shockwave and leap away. Clearing your stacks

From doing hov 10 with a prot warrior, you most definitely cannot at least not as easily as you imply, the whole affix is just not fun regardless of what tank you can play, every tank struggles with it, it goes completely against what a tank wants to actually do (actually take the hits and hold agro).
I did a +10 with a blood dk. Sure they depend a bit on the DPS and healer cc, but they do fine and can kite for enough time to drop their stacks.
10/17/2016 05:08 PMPosted by Dbrb
I did a +10 with a blood dk. Sure they depend a bit on the DPS and healer cc, but they do fine and can kite for enough time to drop their stacks.

What instance was it? Because there are some instances and some bosses that straight up do not allow Death Knights to reset the stacks.
Suggested Change:

-Necrotic now only affects external healing effects (Tank self healing is unaffected)