[7.1 PvP] Feral Druid in a Horrible State

Druid
Druid PvP is almost like it was in vanilla. the only difference being in vanilla was you could only do shred from behind. I have begun to PvP again and I feel like I am a feral in vanilla again. Feral wasn't fun to pvp in vanilla, and I am not overly enjoying PvP in ferals current state. The most fun I had for PvP was in bc, where we had the most utility. Wotlk PvP was fun too, we could kill a resto then if you played Smart, but now I feel like we have gone backwards.
10/30/2016 09:08 PMPosted by Kanaë
but now I feel like we have gone backwards.

There's a lot of quality of life improvements now, but. Pretty much.
Good post, +1
agreed
I haven't seen Feral attention from Blizzard for a long time. Maybe minor changes here and there but they are usually nerfs and after multiples of them through extended amount of time, they become major but Blizzard don't take notice because there's not enough voice here and the major issue is so diluted in time.

In my opinion, make the voices louder. Stop playing feral perhaps since they value numbers more than anything else.
Some Questions....

Is the damge increase from versatility enough to offset the need to have so much mastery? Even if it's not 1:1, would there be enough damage mitigation to justify the loss in DPS?

Has anyone tried stacking Vers yet?
You cant stack any stat in PvP anymore
10/31/2016 06:15 AMPosted by Rikazen
In my opinion, make the voices louder.

This.
10/31/2016 08:36 AMPosted by Elwood
You cant stack any stat in PvP anymore

This is the main problem, this and the fact that our stat template poorly reflects the stats feral actually needs.
+1
10/29/2016 10:41 PMPosted by Kyôsuke
TL:DR
Feral Damage: Alright
Feral Mobility: Mediocre
Feral Survivability: Horrible
Feral Overall Utility: Mediocre

I completely agree with this. I do think our dmg is fine, but the major thing ive noticed from picking up feral recently is that we are SO squishy. i really dont understand why Thick Hide was nerfed. its not like we were these godly tanks that lived forever, we were already squishy to begin with.
*Sigh* cant even get into last minute yolo win of the week RBG as feral now
http://oi64.tinypic.com/24ecnkk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hcIXFFZ.png
Sadly, feral's always been like that.
The only way I use to get RBG groups was as guardian, but now tanks are useless in pvp, aside from FC maps.
10/31/2016 10:53 AMPosted by Hottzx
+1
10/29/2016 10:41 PMPosted by Kyôsuke
TL:DR
Feral Damage: Alright
Feral Mobility: Mediocre
Feral Survivability: Horrible
Feral Overall Utility: Mediocre

I completely agree with this. I do think our dmg is fine, but the major thing ive noticed from picking up feral recently is that we are SO squishy. i really dont understand why Thick Hide was nerfed. its not like we were these godly tanks that lived forever, we were already squishy to begin with.

Agreed with both. Sad how accurate it is
Feral is in the worst shape that it's been since BC.

I support this post as someone who adores arena and has been playing feral for a decade.

Powershifting and Pouncing strikes being removed means that we spend literally every GCD shifting in, and out, and in, and out of cat form in order to stay on top of a healer.

As Kyo said, this makes Protection of Ashamane a useless talent for anything other than avoiding the opening burst of a team dumb enough not to stunlock you.

Let's not even start on how embarrassing the PVP talents are for feral compared to every other spec in the game. Fury Swipes as a PVP talent? Fresh Wound being used by anyone ever? Blood Trauma breaking on any bleed? Primal Vitality even existing? I love this game, but the fact a talent like primal vitality would even make it to live is frustrating beyond belief. Let's talk about Leader of the Pack healing for a whopping 20k per shred on 1 other person if we're lucky.

In my opinion, all of these pvp talents should be scrapped and replaced with viable and situational talents. I'll give some recommendations:

Fury Swipes: Stop trying to make feral pvp aoe happen. It's not going to happen. Brutal Slash is a popular pvp talent solely because it front-loads a ton of burst damage to your kill target. The fact it hits the other enemies is just a huge bonus. Replace this with a talent that makes thrash spread rip and rake to all the targets it hits, as long as at least one target has rip or rake on them. Alternatively, make thrash give your swipe/brutal slash a 20-25% damage increase for x seconds.

Blood Trauma: Maim still stuns, but reduces healing done to the target by 25% for 1 second per combo point used.

Fresh Wound: Nothing good coming to mind.

Primal Vitality: Regrowth also casts remove corruption on target. Alternatively, regrowth removes root effects on a target. It's in the mobility tier, and this could be a help to our mobility as well as lending utility to a team.

Leader of the Pack: Bring back Nature's Vigil here. A druid would be giving up protector of the grove, so it would need to be a talent with the same burst healing potential. You're obviously not afraid of the concept of vigil since Havoc Metamorphosis is basically the exact same effect times 100.

Reverting the Pouncing strikes change would be good, especially if you made Freedom of the Herd remove the powershifting GCD. This would make those two talents a firmly hard choice.. which IMO is ideal in a talent tree. I want to have a hard time deciding which one to use, not because I can't decide which one is less crappy, but because I want all of them.

There is NO tier in the feral pvp tree where any 2 talents are ones that I want to have. It's one "whatever" talent and 2 "seriously, who uses this?" talents. for basically every single tier.

/rant
11/01/2016 04:43 AMPosted by Magthakat
10/31/2016 10:53 AMPosted by Hottzx
+1

Agreed with both. Sad how accurate it is

Well in wod we had like around +25~35% vers, which was like max around 18% damage reduction.
Ontop of 10% reduced damage from a glyph.
Ontop of 15% reduced damage from trinket bonuses.
Feral then you were looking at around +40% damage reduction passively.
It was a bit strong, but teams like turbo or rmp were still able to take you down in a single burst.

Feral now has like max +11% passive damage reduction or so, depending on if you spec into guardian affinity or not.

Personally, I don't feel that our damage reduction should even be stacking to high numbers like they did in wod.
While our own survivability has issues, I feel it also has to do with other classes and their damage potential.
11/01/2016 07:14 AMPosted by Dewsch
I want to have a hard time deciding which one to use, not because I can't decide which one is less crappy, but because I want all of them.

Pretty much.
Just about all the honor talents are boring and unappealing, and it's a clear choice over what's best and what's not.
:( This thread saddens me. I just spent a good 6 hours leveling my druid from 90-98 only to find this thread. It wasn't till it was pointed out that I realized how bad feral was because I started noticing said issues. At least they're capable of casual pvp!
Posting on Forums won't get use anywhere... You want the Dev's attention? Then yell at them on Twitter like every other class is doing @WarcraftDevs
signed
Could be worst. Could be

Assass. Dmg - horrible
Assass. Mobility - ok/horrible
Assass. Survivability - horrible
Assass. Utility - ok/horrible
Power shifting and Survival instinct why stunned would be nice. So sick of getting chain locked for 10 sec unable to click ANYTHING as stun locks EVERYTHING out now. Power shifting would also be nice if they are worried about it being OP then up the freakin mana cost and call it a day.

I'm sick of having every reason why I played a druid gutted more and more every expansion. I love loved this class sense BC =(
Just a random side note about wanting Dash to be included in freedom of the herd, if you shift out of cat you can instantly hit dash to return to cat and ignore the global. It makes it work like old powershifting since dash is off the gcd and places you into cat form. Same thing works with TF (which if used correctly really makes Savage Momentum even stronger). Just make sure you have access to them outside of the catform bar.

Not a solution by any means but a work around for the time being.

I agree with this thread completely. Especially about our honor talents. If blood trauma make main an incap that didn't break on bleeds it would be amazing otherwise it just feels bad. Fury swipes is... wtf is that in here, flag spinning in bgs I guess? But you could just go bear and free swipe if that was their game plan with the talent. Primal vitality and Fresh wound are equally as unimaginative. Honestly, they didn't see an opportunity in here to give us some form of utility? Not saying it has to be cyclone but damn something would be good.

Even having something Barskin as an honor talent would be great, even if all it did was make SI usable while stunned.