Timewalking BiS?

Warrior
Seeing as all of the old BiS lists are out of date, anyone have an idea of what is BiS for Fury or Arms for Timewalking dungeons this week?
For example, does Fury still want to stack haste? Still want gear with sockets? Do old set effects work in the dungeons?
10/12/2016 09:32 AMPosted by Tramaj
Seeing as all of the old BiS lists are out of date, anyone have an idea of what is BiS for Fury or Arms for Timewalking dungeons this week?
For example, does Fury still want to stack haste? Still want gear with sockets? Do old set effects work in the dungeons?

Any reasonably geared group will roflstomp this content anyway so I wouldn't worry about it all that much honestly...
I believe that necklaces and rings might be BiS if you get a high enough ilvl, because they probably have strength/intellect/agility on them because they are wrath content. The only primary stat that legion rings have is stamina.

Edit: I read the post wrong, but this info is still valid if you are doing timewalking to get BiS rings and necklaces.
Yeah, I ran Slave Pens, Arcatraz, Mana Tombs, and The Black Morass last night and barely needed a heal. I died once because I forgot a boss mechanic, stood in some stuff, and the healer wasn't even paying attention because up to that point it wasn't needed.

Wouldn't worry too much about min/max this week in those dungeons. I switched to Fury for the AOE and didn't even bother switching to my Haste gear.
10/12/2016 10:09 AMPosted by Whirrlwind
I believe that necklaces and rings might be BiS if you get a high enough ilvl, because they probably have strength/intellect/agility on them because they are wrath content. The only primary stat that legion rings have is stamina.

Edit: I read the post wrong, but this info is still valid if you are doing timewalking to get BiS rings and necklaces.

Oh wow, didn't even think about the STR thing on necks and rings. I'll be running them again for sure this week.
As Fury I tried my high iLevel stuff and it didn't do nearly as well as my haste gear. Swapped in my old legendary cloak and the 715 legendary ring and was fine (about 5k dps -- saw a rogue that hit just under 6k, otherwise I was the high dps in our runs. Though our prot Pally tank made it close a couple of times).
It really doesnt matter, any group with a couple good dps and a decent tank can pull entire rooms at a time.
if you get the chrono shard 2pc the 1000 haste will not scale down and the class hall 8 pc doesnt scale down either so have fun
I run with the MoP legendary cloak and 6 piece order hall for +500 strength as fury and it wrecks trash.
10/12/2016 05:08 PMPosted by Omerta
I run with the MoP legendary cloak and 6 piece order hall for +500 strength as fury and it wrecks trash.

If you have it, use the full 8 piece. When it procs you have over 100% Crit. So... yeah...
10/12/2016 07:14 PMPosted by Curoar
10/12/2016 05:08 PMPosted by Omerta

If you have it, use the full 8 piece. When it procs you have over 100% Crit. So... yeah...

Been looking for a new guide on timewalking so came here and read this only to find out that this is really good. Thought I would put in my 2 cents on this topic. I rock Arms by the way.

Been rocking the neckpiece Frigid Strength of Hodir from last xpac still because it would give the most strength out of anything once they changed all the sockets to prismatic sockets in fact if I remember correctly I was wearing it for cata timewalking too because everything else didn't give as much strength still but now we have the Prizerock Neckband from Archaeology with 3 gem slots. Even though is has no strength on it it's gonna beat everything for cata timewalking and down... 3 strength gems, 3 epic mastery gems from cata, whatevs. Hope for good stats on it.

For the back... legendary cloak. No contest here.

For rings Spellbound Runic Band of Elemental Invincibility-this is the epic tank version but still procs if your in a dps spec. I like the stats better than the dps one. I'm thinking Ayala's Stone Heart would be pretty good for timewalking but I am not sure how well it fairs. If you don't have that then get Carnivorous Band/Gormoks Band from 10 man heroic Trial of the Crusader. It has 2 gem slots and will offer the most strength if your going for strength for BC and Wrath timewalking but for cata timewalking wear Dargonax's Signet if your going for strength.

Trinkets have been a complicated topic. For trash packs I go with good aoe trinks and 2 good ones I know are Discordant Chorus and Bone-Link Fetish. I use Bone link Fetish with Mark of Dargrul. I have been getting 6 procs a minute with Mark of Dargrul. For boss fights I use Horn of Screaming Spirits/Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun for regular bosses, Gronntooth War Horn for demon bosses and Tiny Abomination in a Jar (heroic version) for both types of bosses. With whirlwind you get 3 stacks of the buff from that trink (TAJ) when whirlwind hits and since I go with Fervor of Battle for Arms it goes off alot and when the legendary cloak procs each hit gives you a stack as well so.

Don't bother with new enchants for rings and back from legion at least the good ones... I don't know how good the cheaper ones scale. The good enchants for rings and back were showing me 5 of each stat when scaled down in the dungeon so I didn't bother to put them on. Also new food stat buffs suck. With Nightborne Delicacy Platter I was getting 5 mastery. WoD enchants for rings and back still seem to be king and food buffs from WoD are still good. For neck enchants I still stick with WoD enchants. I don't know how well the new neck enchants scale so.

Artifact weapons still allow you to utilize everything within them in timewalking and the traits with percentages do not scale down. The numbers from Warbreaker and Void Cleave are the only 2 things that scale down besides the weapon itself of course.
I had to go test this with a 6 piece (don't have the exalted with the Nightborne yet), and sure enough, it worked. Pulled 7.5k+, though the play was slower than with my haste set.

Not running it again -- I suspect this might get treated as an exploit.
Has anyone got any STR rings/neck from Timewalking? Warforged/Titanforged?

3 extra slots with STR would be nice at 110, I'm still at work until tomorrow then I'll try to farm some.