Just stepped into Kara for the first time...

General Discussion
10/29/2016 02:05 PMPosted by Ambrega
Found it pretty easy with an organized group. my only gripe with it is that it's too long lol. Was like 2+ hours!! Even heroic EN takes less.

New chess game bored me to tears.

It's a progession dungeon similar to a raid with a week lockout.
That's because the instance is intended for organized groups. There's also a reason you can't LFD it. Not a hard concept.

An LFD version would probably require the fights being simplified and the bosses being broken up into wings.

But as is? Probably not.
Oh my god, it's Cataclysm all over again.
10/29/2016 03:05 PMPosted by Ahyem
Oh my god, it's Cataclysm all over again.

They didn't hype cataclysm like Kara though... Difference being this is one people actually want to do, as opposed to dying to Korla the Pug Wrecker over and over again.

I think it's too hard for what it is personally. If were any other new made up dungeon, I don't think it would be a big deal. Gear up or go home. This is Kara though and people want to do it. So when people see it splashed on the front page to come experience it, I don't think wiping out on the Ushers flashlight is something they had in mind.
It's a mini raid, well, it's a 5man raid, it's going to be hard, it's going to need good players in good gear to complete.

Makes me wonder why they didn't make it a 10man :)
10/29/2016 12:14 PMPosted by Brewbender
Look, the problem all stems from the vortexes to have to use to not get gibbed by Magic Magnificent. either someone will stand on one early, especially with a melee heavy group as I have to move the bosses out of the arcane bomb and junk, and even if all of them are up when they need to be used, people will run for the same ones and someonme always ends up dead.

Either the healer dies, or we lose a DPS and then proceed to get overwhelmed by the adds.

How are you supposed to coordinate it so everyone doesn't just head to one vortex, and goes tot heir own vortex or just uses an immunity?

It's not as if you have a one second window to step into a vortex. You have the entire cast time to do it. If someone else steps into the vortex you were going to use... just go step into another one. If you don't have time, then you started looking for a vortex too late.

Karazhan can be pugged. I pugged the whole thing day 1. No VOIP, either. It's doable, you just need to git gud.
10/29/2016 03:29 PMPosted by Vanarela

It's not as if you have a one second window to step into a vortex. You have the entire cast time to do it. If someone else steps into the vortex you were going to use... just go step into another one. If you don't have time, then you started looking for a vortex too late.

Karazhan can be pugged. I pugged the whole thing day 1. No VOIP, either. It's doable, you just need to git gud.

Lol. git Gud. It's all about gear and putting down the boss in enough time to avoid the unavoidable damage. Hard is one thing, but if you aren't over 860, you just won't do enough dps to be able to do the "Git Gud" part. Not to mention some classes and specs are crap ATM.
OP your 17 downvotes are probably people who have 4 really good friends who all play wow at the same time, or are part of a core team of 5 players in their guilds. Don't take it personally.
problem is my professions are sending me there. i'm pissed I don't want to deal with foul mouth elitist crap yet blizzard forces us to. join a guild and that is the nest of foul behavior and partial control of your free time. terrible design choice abound.
I pugged a nightbane run today and we totally cleared Kara in an hour and did millions in dps. Kara doesn't get easy until ilevel 870+ and you need to know the mechanics.
10/29/2016 05:53 PMPosted by Lumie
OP your 17 downvotes are probably people who have 4 really good friends who all play wow at the same time, or are part of a core team of 5 players in their guilds. Don't take it personally.

Yep
10/29/2016 12:14 PMPosted by Brewbender
Me and my healer friend just went through countless DPS who weren't willing to put in the wipes and get it down. So we had to throw in the towel for today, and it's dissappointing.

I usually do heals in instances with this monk, but would be happy to put in the time with you to do Kara as windwalker if you would like. I am Peacebringer#1385 if you are interested.
10/29/2016 12:19 PMPosted by Valdarn
exactly the problem with you people. you want to faceroll through it.

1. Define "you people"
2. That is not what the OP said. Sounds to me like your response is on autopilot.
Did they nerf this place, or are we just that much more powerful?

It used to be a challenge but now it's pretty much just a zerg
03/14/2017 09:38 PMPosted by Salhezar
just that much more powerful

20-30 ilvls and 20+ traits is a huge difference
7.2 supposed to have a heroic version. You can get your thrills then.
Nice to have a challenging dungeon.

Wish they would make mythic version of BRD (vanilla dungeon).
03/14/2017 09:38 PMPosted by Salhezar
Did they nerf this place, or are we just that much more powerful?

It used to be a challenge but now it's pretty much just a zerg

I barely raid and I am 890. I did Kara at about 855 with 20 something points on Artifact. It was hard back then. Your 35 trait alone gives you 14 percent damage boost. So yeah, we are simply a lot more powerful.
10/29/2016 12:23 PMPosted by Teakups
10/29/2016 12:21 PMPosted by Brewbender
Karazhan seems.... overly difficult, exacerbated by the fact you only have 5 people and the margin for error is miniscule, just going by this particular opera event boss. I mean, Arcway is tough too, sure, but een as tough as some of the arcway bosses were, they didn't feel unforgiving the way this fight does.

Done it with both organized groups and pugs this week. Your group was just full of bottom tier. In the pug groups all tahts said is "dont jump in tornados until the witch ports to center" and had no issues. Stick to LFD.

Also...many of the mechanics are relatively intuitive with a large number of videos available where one can get a “quick rundown” for more difficult encounters. Some fights are exact duplicates of their original counterparts (Curator, Maiden, Moroes).
10/29/2016 12:16 PMPosted by Simplyred
I doubt it was meant for pugs.

I have ran successful Nightbane pug groups for the past 3 weeks on both my main and alt. Sure we have had to reset once or twice, but this a clear case of L2P.
Its hard if you dont overgear the place.