Give Ornyx Some Help

General Discussion
10/07/2016 11:44 AMPosted by Zenakon
Why is Ornyx the only CM that responds to anything on these forums? Where is Lore and others to help?

Making fun of player concerns on twitter.
There was a wild Rythmor on a thread yesterday:

10/06/2016 01:40 PMPosted by Rythmor
Sry mate :/ I usually just pull all the turtles & seagulls anyways since someone is bound to poke them.

The thread is Unfair Kick. :)
10/07/2016 11:54 AMPosted by Iudex
Lore is gone, ran away after his claims of 'DKs are a slow but high dmg class' proved to be false

I mean, that's how they SHOULD be but it doesn't represent reality.
Why exactly do they need so many CMs if none but Ornyx communicate with the community? Perhaps I am missing something here....
There are a lot of forums to moderate.
10/07/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Melianthe
Ornyx is the only one willing to dive into the wretched hive of villainy and scum. Hopefully he's got good mental health coverage through work so he can unload all the stress on a therapist. It's worse than being a high school teacher.

Developers and other CMs will post when sometimes post if the question is relevant to their department. Kind of like how Watcher posted on the Class Changes thread somewhere here in GD.
10/07/2016 12:35 PMPosted by Hickenbottom
Why exactly do they need so many CMs if none but Ornyx communicate with the community? Perhaps I am missing something here....

Perhaps that's why they axed bashiok, the off topic posting pug, the skull and coffee bird. Granted coffee bird and the pug off topic posted the most.

Note: axed = no longer there not fired
10/07/2016 11:49 AMPosted by Hasil
10/07/2016 11:44 AMPosted by Zenakon
Why is Ornyx the only CM that responds to anything on these forums? Where is Lore and others to help?

Per a post from Ornyx they CM's have become more specialized and it is his job to deal with the forums.

Murder? Genocide? What sort of crime against humanity would justify getting relinquished to this place?
10/07/2016 12:35 PMPosted by Sariias
There are a lot of forums to moderate.

Yet they communicate with so few, if at all, ever.
10/07/2016 12:39 PMPosted by Brokensouls
Murder? Genocide? What sort of crime against humanity would justify getting relinquished to this place?

The minute they filled out the job application....
10/07/2016 11:49 AMPosted by Hasil

Per a post from Ornyx they CM's have become more specialized and it is his job to deal with the forums.

Depends on the pay. Hell I'd like to do what he's does.
I want another Tseric.

That dude really put trolls in their place.
10/07/2016 12:42 PMPosted by Sanslock

Depends on the pay. Hell I'd like to do what he's does.

I'd rather have Lores job. Getting paid to mock customers? Yes please.
In reference to my previous post, once you lose the old guard of community management, it can be very difficult for the 'new' employees to integrate effectively.

Especially, once the forum posters are largely left to their own devices for years.

It's not easy by any means, but if an honest effort is made, a relationship of respect can be forged with the majority of the community.

The main problem right now is visibility of that effort. The community is effectively split over many types of social media. And the vast majority of people stick to one or two of those social media platforms.

It's easy to feel neglected, when it's difficult to even see the effort currently being made. That's why it's important for there to be an official hub of communication somewhere.

When you have to use a 3rd party blue tracker, rely on mmo-champion for datamined patch notes and hidden changes, and have twitter drama (which seems to be the main allure of twitter), there's going to be problems.