I lost interest, but it was a good run!

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
So many OBVIOUS bad decisions were made... especially, this little combo that the devs allowed to happen:

- Class prunning
- Difficulty in switching specs (due to the AP grind)
- Difficulty in switching to alts (due to the AP grind + time gating)
- Volatile balancing (Hello Roooooogues)

This is causing burnout. And burnout is the opposite of Replay value. And what a game with a subscription needs more than anything? Yeah!

Also: making me go to Emerald Nightmare for a CHANCE to get 30 thingies for Azuregos is as lame as making me go to the Water Temple as Link to get the 50 Bits of the Goron Sword. It would be so !@#$%^- lame. Grinds aren't that good when overdone. "Oh but it's just a cosmetic reward" Darling, the endgame IS COSMETIC. To be fabulous. To look good. And with Blizzard thinking about removing the possibility of accquiring the Legion Artifact Skins after the expansion ends... I feel like an ultimate burnout. "Play now or ELSE!".

And the balance and bugs... Sometimes it feels like an unfinished game. I'm ok with some bugs and errors, but this time it's been too much. And the game had a BETA! Aren't all those streamers testing things?

I'm not angry, I'm just... disappointed a little bit. Time is too short to spend on a single game grinding RNG left and right, while I could go, pay the price of a sub and get another gaming experience from another team. I still like to play Super Smash Bros, Heroes of the Storm, and I still have to experience storylines like the Dark Souls series, which I'm looking towards to full completion, or that new Paper Mario (I've heard it's quite good, Nintendo-quality).

About storylines: ...Illidan is now the Chosen by the Prophecy to fight against the Void Lords. It sounds too similar to Kerrigan is now the Chosen by the Prophecy to fight against the Void Being Amon. They even get light-infused style!

All things said: I'm also happy that I spent time on Azeroth. I got the valor from the money. Feels good to remember that World of Warcraft was a part of my gaming life.

Jesus I don't even know why I'm writting this. There's... not much to discuss. It's just my opinion :X Sorry for any english mistake!
The worst offenders are the imbalanced classes/specs and the artifact power thing, those too together are OVERKILL.

Like your class/spec suck wanna reroll? good luck with that moron... lul.

Its like they did it on purpose so people wont reroll FOTM but that hasent prevented it at all, look at all the mages that have switched to fire...
Cya
10/11/2016 09:10 PMPosted by Eosforo
The worst offenders are the imbalanced classes/specs and the artifact power thing, those too together are OVERKILL.

Like your class/spec suck wanna reroll? good luck with that moron... lul.

Its like they did it on purpose so people wont reroll FOTM but that hasent prevented it at all, look at all the mages that have switched to fire...

You can't even jump between SPECS without feeling a little gimped. And between chars? Good luck with the time-gate on your Order Hall. I know time passes but it is simply not fun to look at a clock to unlock a freature.
10/11/2016 09:07 PMPosted by Valarjar
Aren't all those streamers testing things?

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Streamers are trash.
WOAH WOAH WOAH! Pump those breaks there. It isn't all doom and gloom. Guides are available online now to make doing water temple a lot quicker if you don't have it memorized.
They really should let you start researching artifact knowledge as soon as you get your artifact weapon, not make you wait until 110, would help with alts.

My beef with Legion is that they pretty much made all the casual content pointless.

LFR is boringly easy mode now, I mean, it was easy before but at least back in Cata and MoP wipes were frequent and possible if people didn't follow mechanics.

Heroic dungeons aren't worthwhile now that there still isn't an endgame currency like honor/valor badges to buy high level gear anymore.

Professions have become so tedious with the amount of mats needed to level and make stuff that the crafting professions are not worth getting into.

WQ are cool but it doesn't take long before you hit that gear cap where they stop awarding gear upgrades, probably less than 2 weeks for most people.

Mythics are useless to me because you can't solo queue for them and I refuse to pug them after 1 to many bad experiences with butthole players, not worth the grief.

Organized group content isn't casual content so no point in me bringing that up.

This game needs an endgame currency, not just AP for our weapons, but something like valor badges that we can slowly earn in all aspects of the game and use to buy endgame gear...

I remember back in Cata since I only used to do heroic dungeons and LFR I would get a new piece of valor badge gear every other week, it took forever to get a full set, but I was ok with that because it kept me playing and gave me something to look forward to, that's what legion is missing.

Also the legendary quest back in mop and wod was another thing that kept me logging in every week, something that legion is lacking.
why does everyone cry about rogues? They arent even top tier and the spec I play was actually the 2nd weakest spec in the game and still got nerfed because some rando died and cried all over the forums
Sorry you feel that way. Some class pruning was needed. I has spells on my guys I never used. Everyone talks about rng....but isn't every game in the world got an rng or luck factor in it.

Don't get me wrong if you want to leave I wont change your mind nor try to. I took almost 2 years off myself.Came back in Apr.

You wrote it because you wanted to be heard and you were and you were respected by this person.

Good luck where ever you end up
At least the biggoran sword was and felt powerful so it was worth the grind to make the rest of the game feel great. The Artifact grind doesn't make me more powerful at all, especially back in the leveling zones and world quests
Class Pruning=
Nerf class mechanic 33% then leave it in garbage.

I'm done with the game.
I dont mind the grinding. I dont mind the AP. And i even took my terrible nerf pretty well.
The only thing i dislike is grinding and grinding for something, and then get it but its wrong. Man i finally got my legs!! Oh wait... crit? !@#$....
... I actually liked the Water Temple. And the quest to get the Biggoron Sword.
So many OBVIOUS bad decisions were made... especially, this little combo that the devs allowed to happen:

- Class prunning

This is causing burnout. And burnout is the opposite of Replay value. And what a game with a subscription needs more than anything? Yeah!

Also: making me go to Emerald Nightmare for a CHANCE to get 30 thingies for Azuregos is as lame as making me go to the Water Temple as Link to get the 50 Bits of the Goron Sword. It would be so !@#$%^- lame. Grinds aren't that good when overdone. "Oh but it's just a cosmetic reward" Darling, the endgame IS COSMETIC. To be fabulous. To look good. And with Blizzard thinking about removing the possibility of accquiring the Legion Artifact Skins after the expansion ends... I feel like an ultimate burnout. "Play now or ELSE!".

And the balance and bugs... Sometimes it feels like an unfinished game. I'm ok with some bugs and errors, but this time it's been too much. And the game had a BETA! Aren't all those streamers testing things?

I'm not angry, I'm just... disappointed a little bit. Time is too short to spend on a single game grinding RNG left and right, while I could go, pay the price of a sub and get another gaming experience from another team. I still like to play Super Smash Bros, Heroes of the Storm, and I still have to experience storylines like the Dark Souls series, which I'm looking towards to full completion, or that new Paper Mario (I've heard it's quite good, Nintendo-quality).

About storylines: ...Illidan is now the Chosen by the Prophecy to fight against the Void Lords. It sounds too similar to Kerrigan is now the Chosen by the Prophecy to fight against the Void Being Amon. They even get light-infused style!

All things said: I'm also happy that I spent time on Azeroth. I got the valor from the money. Feels good to remember that World of Warcraft was a part of my gaming life.

Jesus I don't even know why I'm writting this. There's... not much to discuss. It's just my opinion :X Sorry for any english mistake!

I'm glad too see you leave.
Y'know I came into this thread to hate on the OP, but he actually made some pretty fair points.

Legion is still the best expansion since Wrath BY FAR, but you can still see how it's a two steps forward one step back kind of deal. Blizzard just can't help breaking something for every two things it fixes.

Also, time-gating features in a subscription service should be punishable by public flogging. That is blatant and undeniable greed.
Good post, I am in agreement, kind of undecided myself atm....
I hate to say it. I told you so! OP is right. This game is going to lose too many subscribers just because of the AP grind alone.
10/11/2016 09:50 PMPosted by Dairuin
Class Pruning=
Nerf class mechanic 33% then leave it in garbage.

I'm done with the game.

how so? did you use all the spells that got taken out? seriously asking cause my action bars were filled with crap i hardly ever used.

10/11/2016 10:33 PMPosted by Echõ
I hate to say it. I told you so! OP is right. This game is going to lose too many subscribers just because of the AP grind alone.

idk most people i talk to dont mind it but they also dont want to finish everything in a game in 1 day. I think that the people who want it all handed to them are more vocal then those who dont care
- Class prunning

I have basically identical feelings man. My spec is decent fun but basically useless, my old main is no longer fun to me due to reworks and pruning. The PvP balance is personally the worst I've ever seen it. To the point where some things I queue into, well the only worthwhile response in taking my hands off the keyboard and mouse.

I hated the pruning at the start of WoD as well, but this is even worse.

I can't even reroll thanks to AP gating. I'm guessing it was put in place to get people to stay playing longer, but unfortunately for me it's resulted in the opposite.

If you want me to make a commitment to a class/spec, how about fixing Fury?

I've unsubbed.
My list of complaints

1. Atrocious class imbalance in PvP and PVE (Pve being the main point of the game, they admitted this)

2. RNG

3. Gating like class hall table quests, where I have to wait a whole day to get my wept from 825- 860+ which is a huge upgrade and will make it feel comfortable to pug some mythics and deal decent damage.