Baine for warchief!

General Discussion
This seems to be the root of your problem and circles back into how the Orcs choose their leadership.

Thrall could have chosen to settle somewhere else that had more resources. Someplace that was centrally located on Kalimdor for ease of travel to outlying settlements. Maybe a place that was very familiar to your allies.

It was an introspective choice for them to make amends for their previous acts of bloodthirst and demonic corruption.

It wasn't made from a logistical standpoint, but a spiritual one. Seeing as how a race far outnumbered by the previously reigning factions have managed to not only survive, but thrive, in a world that saw them as monsters... I'd say logistically they've done a find job all things considered.

Alliance far outnumbered them and their technology was vastly superior... Still couldn't stop the Horde and the Alliance has been outright pushed from Kalimdor.
10/31/2016 09:36 PMPosted by Narthexia
Sylvanas is INTERESTING.

Baine is not.

Neither is peace.

This isn't RL, we want action, drama, agendas!

It is possible to have all that and still have peace, or at least a shaky ceasefire.
Personally, I'd rather see Saurfang or even Eitrigg be Warchief before any of the current leaders we have now.
10/31/2016 10:20 PMPosted by Torvos
10/31/2016 10:04 PMPosted by Aemon
Perhaps if the Horde valued qualities like long-term planning, urban development, and economic literacy in their leadership over muscle mass, they would have fewer problems with famine.

just a suggestion

All of that is kind of moot, as Thrall chose Durotar as a place to settle purposefully.

Mulgore has plentiful game, Undead don't eat, Goblins have resources out the wazoo, and Blood Elves have mostly got their !@#$ together with the recharged Sunwell.

Not seeing your point.

Wasn't the reason for the campaign in Azshara and Ashenvale because we needed resources? I also distinctly remember an orc in Ashenvale stating that there was a time when starvation among the Orgimmar populace was common.
10/31/2016 10:19 PMPosted by Lonlon
10/31/2016 10:04 PMPosted by Aemon
Perhaps if the Horde valued qualities like long-term planning, urban development, and economic literacy in their leadership over muscle mass, they would have fewer problems with famine.

just a suggestion

how are we supposed to learn all this fancy stuff, we have like 1 book per city

it's the inscription book

We're tauren. We're smart enough to learn all of that. The only reason why we still live the way we do is because we like a simple lifestyle, but the orcs on the other hand......
You trying to get him killed?
Dark Lady watch over us,

But should anything happen to her than Varok.
10/31/2016 10:58 PMPosted by Torvos
It was an introspective choice for them to make amends for their previous acts of bloodthirst and demonic corruption.

I'm just saying that spiritual repentance is probably not the best criteria by which you should judge possible locations for major population centers.

10/31/2016 10:58 PMPosted by Torvos
Alliance far outnumbered them and their technology was vastly superior... Still couldn't stop the Horde

Fortunately, Warcraft is a fantasy setting where population numbers and technology don't meaningfully impact conflicts (for Horde equivalent see the Siege of Orgrimmar).
10/31/2016 09:23 PMPosted by Rykaal
I rarely even play horde and I agree this needs to happen. Would solve pretty much all the remaining conflict between the horde and alliance if they just put a tauren in charge. The least warmongering race they have (Well I guess blood elves, but I doubt Lor'themar would be a good choice for warchief)

Here's the problem.

When Vol'Jin decided to get all trippy as he was dying and listen to the voices in his head (which Sylvannas probably put there) instead of his reason and/or good judgment, Baine Bloodhoof said nothing.

This would not be a good Warchief. He has proven that he's willing to look on as the Horde is ruined in front of his face. Surely he knows the war will intensify precisely because the most antagonistic person possible was just picked to be Warchief.

After what Sylvannas has done to the Alliance, and especially the Worgen, this choice of Vol'Jin's amounted to flushing the Horde's lifesblood down the toilet in pursuit of whatever personal ends (and we are talking about Sylvannas here) she decides to pursue.

It's wrong, and if Baine Bloodhoof was true to the Horde, he'd have said something. If he can't do that, he can't lead the Horde.
10/31/2016 09:23 PMPosted by Rykaal
Would solve pretty much all the remaining conflic

and how would that help the world... of warcraft?
I would want him becoming a Warchief when he man up, stop being a failure of a leader who failed to protect his people, and even go as far as to defend the atrocities committed by the Alliance on the Tauren while condemn his own people who dare take up their arms to defend themselves and their home, because their leader is such a disgrace to Cairne's memories.

I'd rather see Saurfang or Eitrigg as warchief to be honest.
I'll take about anyone over Sylvanas right now. Baine probably isn't mature enough yet, but I'm hoping he mans up this expansion along with Anduin

Sylvanas doesn't care much for the rest of the Horde based on Stormheim, just herself and maybe the Forsaken

Sylvanas also is disrespectful af of her "champion".
Voljin's funeral? She only didn't shoot us because of our "skills"
Stormheim? Gee, she left us to die several times, refused to share her plans with us (supposedly her greatest military asset on hand) and only appreciated us when her elite dark rangers couldn't cut it so she needed some extra help...and she still didn't tell us her plans
Then she abused the respect we painstakingly won with the Valarjar while questing in Stormheim to try to imprison Eyir and probably piss off the rest of the Valarjar

Saurfang, Eitrigg, Lorthemar, any of em would also do as Warchief for being strong and wise enough, Baine for his desire for peace
10/31/2016 11:21 PMPosted by Aliandrin
Here's the problem.

When Vol'Jin decided to get all trippy as he was dying and listen to the voices in his head (which Sylvannas probably put there) instead of his reason and/or good judgment, Baine Bloodhoof said nothing.

This would not be a good Warchief. He has proven that he's willing to look on as the Horde is ruined in front of his face. Surely he knows the war will intensify precisely because the most antagonistic person possible was just picked to be Warchief.

After what Sylvannas has done to the Alliance, and especially the Worgen, this choice of Vol'Jin's amounted to flushing the Horde's lifesblood down the toilet in pursuit of whatever personal ends (and we are talking about Sylvannas here) she decides to pursue.

It's wrong, and if Baine Bloodhoof was true to the Horde, he'd have said something. If he can't do that, he can't lead the Horde.

But Baine was the only one who spoke against Garrosh before (even Vol told him to just play along, until the trolls themselves were attacked). With Sylvanas he's probably just hoping Vol'jin is right.

Baine can be quite an interesting and mature character. Those who have read the novels should know, the problem is how is he to prove it when Blizz refuses to give him focus?. If only they tried to write more chars than the Banshee then the horde could've a plethora of well defined leaders. Hopefully in the future.
10/31/2016 11:34 PMPosted by Rikward
Sylvanas doesn't care much for the rest of the Horde based on Stormheim, just herself and maybe the Forsaken

Doesn't care? She gives you the whole fleet and says the forsaken there are here to help you look for the Aegis, but she will also be here with her own personal team going for a separate objective that is personal.

10/31/2016 11:34 PMPosted by Rikward
Sylvanas also is disrespectful af of her "champion".
Voljin's funeral? She only didn't shoot us because of our "skills"

Pretty sure she's grateful to see you and only says that she would shoot the player if they were a warlock, if you got that dialogue as another class it was confirmed bugged and not meant to be happening.
10/31/2016 09:37 PMPosted by Torvos
10/31/2016 09:33 PMPosted by Mezzanin
Voljin had a vision that Sylvanas needed to be warchief. I too thought why not Baine? but no it was the lady with the red eyes who won the jackpot.

Because he's young.
Because he's new.
And because he's not particularly powerful.

He's a totem slinging Tauren... Cairne at least was one of the greatest warriors in the Horde.

Sylvanas could destroy Baine. Lor'Themar could probably destroy Baine. Saurfang could definitely destroy Baine. Vol'Jin could destroy Baine.

Dude is just weak and personal power has always been a prerequisite of Warchief. Even Garrosh was hailed as one of the greatest warriors in the Horde.

Exactly. Baine as warchief is laughable. Sylvannas is an accomplished commander and archer.
Seeing as I play alliance, I vote Nomi as warchief.
I agree. Sylvanas is way too young to be warcheif, and only men can be warchief... not women!
Necromancy is bad
11/01/2016 12:12 AMPosted by Palepigrider
10/31/2016 09:37 PMPosted by Torvos

Because he's young.
Because he's new.
And because he's not particularly powerful.

He's a totem slinging Tauren... Cairne at least was one of the greatest warriors in the Horde.

Sylvanas could destroy Baine. Lor'Themar could probably destroy Baine. Saurfang could definitely destroy Baine. Vol'Jin could destroy Baine.

Dude is just weak and personal power has always been a prerequisite of Warchief. Even Garrosh was hailed as one of the greatest warriors in the Horde.

Exactly. Baine as warchief is laughable. Sylvannas is an accomplished commander and archer.
I'd rather see her with a spear. Bows are not her thing