Hidden Artifact Appearances Update

General Discussion
1 2 3 31 Next
We’d like to take a moment to dispel some rumors and give some insight into certain “hidden” Artifact Appearances, as well as some general notes on how this system (and similar systems) has worked out so far in Legion.

For starters, we’ve seen some rumblings around the community that the appearance for Arms Warriors was “hotfixed in.” This is not the case. The quest for that particular appearance has a daily chance to be offered in the Warrior Order Hall, and when it's active, it will be active throughout an entire region for that day. Our initial setting for that chance ended up being too conservative (and was increased in Patch 7.1), but the chance has been there every day since the expansion launched.

Many of you have also been asking about the hidden appearance for Frost Death Knights. We’ve been trying to avoid giving out too much in the way of spoilers for these, but as it’s now the last one to be discovered, we figured we might as well give you guys a hint. This appearance is tied to a particular world boss, which hasn’t spawned yet. Once that boss is available, we expect the appearance to be found pretty quickly.

We’ve learned a lot of important lessons about hidden content and these sorts of varied and discoverable unlocks over the course of Legion development. Some of our efforts were clearly far more successful than others. We’re going to take these lessons to heart and apply them going forward. Additionally, we’re working on a few tweaks to how the hidden artifact appearances are acquired, which will be released in a future patch, with the goal of reducing the frustration that can come from trying to chase down some of the more elusive ones.
11/01/2016 03:11 PMPosted by Ornyx
This appearance is tied to a particular world boss, which hasn’t spawned yet.

... I dont even know how I should even feel about it.

Thank you...
Highly Rated
We’ve learned a lot of important lessons about hidden content and these sorts of varied and discoverable unlocks over the course of Legion development. Some of our efforts were clearly far more successful than others.
Out of curiosity, could we see any elaboration on this point? My guess would be that people aren't a fan of the skins that rely on waiting around for an opportunity to make an RNG roll to get the skin.
Thanks for the insight Ornyx.

Many of us warriors thought it suspicious that the same morning that rolling restarts happened (on a Sunday even) the Arms appearance showed up.

Good to know it was only coincidence.
I just want to know the actual reasoning behind some hidden appearances being linked to bosses that haven't spawned yet, versus ones that can just be bought. Please give us an explanation on why there is such an absolute disconnect between these two ways of getting your appearence. I honestly would accept an answer liek "It was a dumb idea, sorry".

YOU JUST SAID ONE BOSS HASN'T EVEN SPAWNED YET TO EVEN HAVE AN RNG CHANCE FOR FROST DK'S. WHO ON EARTH THOUGHT THAT WAS A GEM OF AN IDEA.

This is coming from a prot warrior btw who gets to walk to a cave as part of their hidden artifact appearance progression, which, let me tell you, is super immersive.
Highly Rated
This RNG business is exciting.
Highly Rated
So...not only do I get a slim to none chance of my enhance shaman's appearance, every few weeks, but now my frost dk as well? Swell.
11/01/2016 03:52 PMPosted by Tatonkatruck
I just want to know the actual reasoning behind some hidden appearances being linked to bosses that haven't spawned yet, versus ones that can just be bought. Please give us an explanation on why there is such an absolute disconnect between these two ways of getting your appearence. I honestly would accept an answer liek "It was a dumb idea, sorry".

YOU JUST SAID ONE BOSS HASN'T EVEN SPAWNED YET TO EVEN HAVE AN RNG CHANCE FOR FROST DK'S. WHO ON EARTH THOUGHT THAT WAS A GEM OF AN IDEA.

This is coming from a prot warrior btw who gets to walk to a cave as part of their hidden artifact appearance progression, which, let me tell you, is super immersive.

I'm pretty sure this is their "lol, my bad" for Arms Warriors and FDKs.
The biggest fault with Blizz, is that they should have left us a clue in our artifact journal. As it is; there are 0 in-game clues.
What an absolute crock!!! RNG based drop on something that hasnt spawned. good job
While it's pretty disappointing given how much work has gone into searching for this HAA, I appreciate you letting us know. In the future I'd recommend the team axe all of the world boss HAAs and all of the ones with an ultra RNG chance off a boss. Very underwhelming given all the potential that each class has to have a cool chain.
Will it be 100% droprate? Or one of those "sorry, you'll have to try again in several more months" type of things? Cause man... I'm not as bogged down by the excessive rng we have as many, but that'd be too much for me

Many of you have also been asking about the hidden appearance for Frost Death Knights. We’ve been trying to avoid giving out too much in the way of spoilers for these, but as it’s now the last one to be discovered, we figured we might as well give you guys a hint. This appearance is tied to a particular world boss, which hasn’t spawned yet. Once that boss is available, we expect the appearance to be found pretty quickly.

I... Can't believe it... Thank you.

Release... At last...
lmao
Highly Rated
This appearance is tied to a particular world boss, which hasn’t spawned yet. Once that boss is available, we expect the appearance to be found pretty quickly.

that had better a 100% drop or there's no way that's even remotely fair, and I don't even play a DK
I just feel for the Outlaws currently grinding theirs.

They have true determination running a single dungeon hundreds and hundreds times over. And I believe now they can't skip to the last boss which can only add to the frustration they've already had.

RNG is fun though right?
I loved the Druid hidden appearance event. It was so exciting logging on to see If it 'hit' for that day and searching the stones- the whole thing was wonderful.
Highly Rated
I just don't enjoy RNG-based things, and Legion is chock-full of them.

Take the Prot Warrior hidden appearance for example. I get the exhilarating opportunity to fly to a cave every day and check a macro to see if I got lucky. SO IMMERSIVE! There's no gameplay, no challenge, no real thought required to obtain it. It either spawned or it didn't, and there is literally nothing you can do to affect the outcome or speed up the process. This is NOT. FUN.

Same goes for all the classes that get theirs from specific world bosses. You just have to wait and hope. That's awful design imo.
So Enhance Shamans' have a chance to drop off multiple world bosses (apparently Flotsam was confirmed today as was Levantus already), but Frost Death Knights' is only a chance off ONE specific world boss. What's consistency? Why not just ANY world boss for both? It's a bad enough drop rate as is, from what I hear.
11/01/2016 04:33 PMPosted by Felrynn
how about discussing about class balance/class mechanics and more importantly...

WHY A LEAD GAME DEVELOPER PLAYS EVERYTHING ON A TABLET

You'll probably get something like this discussed for 7.2 :)