Hidden Artifact Appearances Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 25 26 27 31 Next
01/09/2017 06:07 PMPosted by Ornasse
12/29/2016 09:37 AMPosted by Beartron
Balance druids just need to hit exalted with the dreamweavers and get an item from a dungeon boss (whether or not that is RNG as well, I don't know, though).

It is! I haven't got it yet. Nor Resto for that matter. But RNG is fun, right?

I HATE DARKHEART THICKET SO MUCH NOW.

Seriously man, I can't even tell you. Tharkheart ()icket haunts my sleep.
Putting a cosmetic on an RNG that you can only get a shot at after grinding to exalted AND grinding a predetermined AK# AND dropping a bunch of gold is pants.

And not even clean pants.

No, these pants have seen things, horrible things. Like, "unwashed teen basement food unf party" things.

I really really really hate DHT now.
Increasing the post limit here.
He has risen
but y tho
Personal issue with a lot of the RNG drops. There is zero !@#$ing gameplay involved.

Sit and fish, click doodad once a day, go to place and hope event happens once a day.

None of these bring any player abilities to the table. You can skill your way to them, can't play smartly and find unique ways to shave time from farming. There is no skill in playing the waiting game for these skins. no skill involved when the server happens to the throw the dice in your favor.
01/10/2017 03:17 PMPosted by Plainswander
01/09/2017 06:07 PMPosted by Ornasse

It is! I haven't got it yet. Nor Resto for that matter. But RNG is fun, right?

I HATE DARKHEART THICKET SO MUCH NOW.

Seriously man, I can't even tell you. Tharkheart ()icket haunts my sleep.
Putting a cosmetic on an RNG that you can only get a shot at after grinding to exalted AND grinding a predetermined AK# AND dropping a bunch of gold is pants.

And not even clean pants.

No, these pants have seen things, horrible things. Like, "unwashed teen basement food unf party" things.

I really really really hate DHT now.

I hear the pain man, I recently also have a druid with exalted dreamweaver and did DHT a number of times then threw my hands up in the air. It's orthogonal to normal gameplay as you would rather queue for randoms for the better rewards rather than a specific dungeon where the loot has no meaning for you once you past 830 ilvl.

Funnily, warriors have a worse one where you first need exalted valarjar, then there are TWO world bosses you have to wait for, and on top of this there is a drop from Skovald in halls of valor which is not guaranteed. That is pretty bad compared to the druid one which requires exalted + 1 dungeon boss (who happens to the be the first dungeon boss).
01/10/2017 04:29 PMPosted by Brieldan
Personal issue with a lot of the RNG drops. There is zero !@#$ing gameplay involved.

Yeah I do Ursoc thrice a week (LFR, N, H), still no Bear Claws. Only one I'm missing.
I give up. You've beaten me, Blizz. I see now I'll never get the Vengeance hidden appearance.
11/01/2016 03:11 PMPosted by Ornyx
We’d like to take a moment to dispel some rumors and give some insight into certain “hidden” Artifact Appearances, as well as some general notes on how this system (and similar systems) has worked out so far in Legion.

For starters, we’ve seen some rumblings around the community that the appearance for Arms Warriors was “hotfixed in.” This is not the case. The quest for that particular appearance has a daily chance to be offered in the Warrior Order Hall, and when it's active, it will be active throughout an entire region for that day. Our initial setting for that chance ended up being too conservative (and was increased in Patch 7.1), but the chance has been there every day since the expansion launched.

Many of you have also been asking about the hidden appearance for Frost Death Knights. We’ve been trying to avoid giving out too much in the way of spoilers for these, but as it’s now the last one to be discovered, we figured we might as well give you guys a hint. This appearance is tied to a particular world boss, which hasn’t spawned yet. Once that boss is available, we expect the appearance to be found pretty quickly.

We’ve learned a lot of important lessons about hidden content and these sorts of varied and discoverable unlocks over the course of Legion development. Some of our efforts were clearly far more successful than others. We’re going to take these lessons to heart and apply them going forward. Additionally, we’re working on a few tweaks to how the hidden artifact appearances are acquired, which will be released in a future patch, with the goal of reducing the frustration that can come from trying to chase down some of the more elusive ones.
Can you guys talk about the artifact appearances, such as the arcane mage one, which are obtained via a fairly rare daily chance? The large number of people who have that appearance got it before the hotfix which prevented players from logging in and out to roll many times in a row. In some cases players went through a year's worth of chances before getting it. Those who don't have it are now stuck waiting.
Been farming the Affliction hidden skin since AK5, so around October. Still hasn't dropped, never mind the fact that once the skin actually drops, you still need to kill 13 elite bosses at a chance of them dropping a skull you need to complete the skin. RNG, on top of RNG, seriously man, it's a bit OTT. I've given up, I'd rather spend my limited time (2 maybe 3 hours a week) doing something productive rather than praying to the RNG Gods (who incidentally gave me the hidden skin for my Demonology off-spec which I never play, both skins drop from the same mobs).
I think we need to hear some follow up from Oronyx. We waited for over two months (where he said they were already working on it).

Nice words need to be matched with good follow up.

It would be a travesty if we have to wait until 7.2 for these "lessons learned." Heck I'm honestly a little pissed it wasn't already done by this patch yesterday. Perhaps we can hope for a hotfix next week?
At this stage, random drops/event triggers should have their chance increased 10 fold.
The implementation of hidden appearances isn't fair across the board. Some you just buy, others are total RNG drops, others involve pain in the azz questlines. Hardly equal there. We're getting the same thing in the end, the effort required should have been the same.
Should add some new skins from Brawler's Guild :P
01/10/2017 04:09 PMPosted by Ornyx

Thank you for letting us know that this thread IS being watched and not ignored. I would have loved some word regarding the status or even just ideas being floated around regarding this issue, but I can settle on just knowing I can keep checking in on this thread in hopes of an answer instead of lamenting another issue being ignored.

Got the Fury item off of the world boss today... just one more world boss and a billion+ runs in Halls of Valor to go to unlock the hidden skin for the spec I actually play...
01/10/2017 05:38 PMPosted by Jusenkyo
01/10/2017 04:09 PMPosted by Ornyx

Thank you for letting us know that this thread IS being watched and not ignored. I would have loved some word regarding the status or even just ideas being floated around regarding this issue, but I can settle on just knowing I can keep checking in on this thread in hopes of an answer instead of lamenting another issue being ignored.

Got the Fury item off of the world boss today... just one more world boss and a billion+ runs in Halls of Valor to go to unlock the hidden skin for the spec I actually play...

Yea I also wanted to say thank you, but I honestly hope can get some timely (eg tomorrow or within this week) about where you guys are on this matter. Again, it's been 2 months, you apparently said some big words about you learned your lessons and are working on it, but you haven't done anything or communicated anything since 2 months. It cannot be hard at all to do (you recently increased rank 3 recipe drops in 7.1.5).
Been killing the Demon from Ritual of doom pretty much every day since Legion launched... would like the damn skin already.
A tip for those who are frustrated. Grind up the easiest hidden skin for your class, then do either 1000hks with it (faster) or 200 wq (more chill) and you'll unlock the same slot skin for all specs, meaning you can get the model you want, then work with that one for the color you want.

Of course this doesn't help if you want the base, but if you want the model this is a lifesaver.
01/10/2017 06:19 PMPosted by Velaeina
A tip for those who are frustrated. Grind up the easiest hidden skin for your class, then do either 1000hks with it (faster) or 200 wq (more chill) and you'll unlock the same slot skin for all specs, meaning you can get the model you want, then work with that one for the color you want.

Of course this doesn't help if you want the base, but if you want the model this is a lifesaver.

I heard they might be "fixing" that.... so while this is true for now, I wouldn't count on it working forever :(

So much RNG in this expansion... I was lucky enough to get my Holy and Protection appearances, but my mining is still terrible
Ornyx, can you confirm if the bad luck protection for hidden appearances was implemented with 7.1.5?