Mass Transfer

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Blizzard, you need to create a mass transfer option for an affordable price.

I understand pick your server wisely, but 12 years ago, when I started playing, a recommended server was chosen for me and I started playing. I did not understand what a PvP or PvE server was, I just wanted to play.

I transferred my main character to a PvE server probably 2 years ago, and have enjoyed the game every moment of being logged in on it. The moment I change to an alt on my PvP server, within 30 seconds of going anywhere, dead. Try to move to a different area, dead again. I understand its a mechanic of the game, great, to those that enjoy it, have fun. I however, do not enjoy it.

I have paid countless amounts of money on your games, and I am not even asking for anything free. But when I see parses of server population at 548 to 4205 A to H ratio, that is 1 ally to every 7.67 horde... that is not fun, that is not enjoyable.

To play my alts, I rely on friends on other servers to realm hop.

100 Dollar Account/Realm transfer service. That is all I ask for, is that too much to ask for?
This is one QoL that Blizz should seriously re-examine. They have allowed, through years of negligence and chasing the almighty bottom line, managed to not only screw up server pops, but also tick off a segment of their playerbase over a process that is largely automated.
I understand that transferring massive amounts of characters could cause instability, so as a side thought, give those on pvp servers the option to flat out disable pvp. Somewhat like being able to disable experience gains when playing a "twink"
They ought to consider this. Using Gaden's example up above, he could transfer his characters for a hundred bucks, or just walk away. Think about it, Mrs. Blizzard bean counters - a hundred dollars or nothing. The mathematics is pretty straightforward.
Don't get me wrong Jim, i'd rather a free account migration to where I put my main, but I would be just about as happy with a free migration to a PvE new or dying realm, doesn't matter. I just want off a 7:1 ratio pvp server.

But if paying is what it takes, then so be it. I am not paying 25 dollar per toon for my entire list on said server though, that would be 25 X all classes but 1... definitely not reasonable.
11/01/2016 10:43 PMPosted by Gaden
give those on pvp servers the option to flat out disable pvp.

At that point it's just a pve server though, you can flag yourself for pvp on pve servers. Perhaps a one-time free transfer for max characters on a pvp server, that way new players aren't pushed into being on a realm they didn't knowingly decide on joining.
JUST THROW THE TOWEL IN AND GO PLAY ZELDA.
I think they need allow ALL your toons from one server to another for that 25 bucks... No way in hell am I going to pay 300 dollars to keep all my toons together thats just ridiculous.
Fully agree with OP. When I started the game it was recommended I play on Aerie Peak. Little did I know this server is about 7:1 alliance to horde ratio. When I began playing, the server was pretty robust horde side, even though we were outnumbered drastically. Eventually, however, the horde side of the server became a 100% joke.

I quit the game during Cata in no small part due to the server just being dead horde side. I hopped back on for legion, hoping something would have been done in the years I was absent.

Nothing.

I may quit again. I like WoW but I'm not going to pay to move 6 characters to another server. I'll just play something else.
Yeh, I've been supporting the notion of 'batch transfer's for a while.

Mass transfers would have a uhm.. mass effect.
I think the term you're looking for is "Diaspora"
I agree with OP and I want to bring up two more important points. When Blizzard merged realms the time zone was changed for several realms, which has had a huge impact on raiding times. A second point is server size. Merged realms ruined small servers.

Like the OP, I created my first toon without any knowledge of PVE, PVP, or RP. Once I fully understood the full ramifications I methodically sought out a forever server for all of my toons. The most important consideration was the time zone as I enjoy raiding and I needed a late night PST server. I transferred all my toons to the new server and I was satisfied for several years until Blizzard merged the realms. Suddenly my low population PST was merged with FIVE other servers and the time zone was changed from PST to EST. My guild changed raid times accordingly and in the following months I found it impossible to find a guild that raided during my available hours. Ultimately, I had to sever transfer once again at my own expense. I've already paid over $300 in server transfers and Blizzard keeps changing the servers. I concur that Blizzard should offer a far more reasonable fee to transfer multiple toons.
i have over 40 toons(2 accounts same battlenet) on like 9 servers and would like to put them all together on like 2 or 3 pve servers. SPECIALLY my pvp server toons to pve servers so i can finally play those again including most of my original toons.

if you think im gonna pay $25 per toon then its your loss cause its (again) 1 of the reasons strongly weighing in on whether or not im staying once my sub runs out (24th).
Well Blizzard dev's, what say you? Here is the start of a group of people, and I imagine more would agree in days to come if this thread lasts.
I haven't come on here "raging" like one of your GM's said to do, I came on here with a request and 2 very reasonable options. 3 if you include a free migration to a dying or new PvE server.

Also, the flagging option doesn't flat out make a PvP server into PvE. Not every single person on a server would switch. Or they might, and that would show you how annoyed people are with the "recommended" server they were put on in the first place.
Ditto. PvP servers are not what they used to be, and the cost to move my account full of toons is rather prohibitive.
And I will bet you $100 that their system for realm transfers, faction changes, name changes, etc are all completely automated so you're pretty much just paying them to not even actually do anything. The price is only there to prevent people from moving servers too often or something I guess, but that doesn't even matter now because there is a cooldown for server transfers anyway because people were willing to shell out tons of money to get around that for progression/gold/whatever.

Also it doesn't make any sense with something like an appearance or race change, that should literally be free or able to buy with gold. It's automated and costs Blizzard nothing, and there is no advantage to changing your appearance or race, it's all cosmetic.

I understand that they are a business, but if my subscription fee is supposed to be paying for "server access", then should it also not be paying for access to automated services on those servers, too?
I am all for the ability to transfer or bundle server transfers together to a new realm - but I am worried that just unveiling this feature with no mindfulness for how this could negatively affect server balance could cause a lot of harm.

I am all for bundle-transferring - but only if they find a way to prevent mass exodus, or mass migration on servers.

It doesn't sound like that big of a deal until your high server suddenly becomes Full and you face a 2 hour login que you never did before.
11/02/2016 05:41 AMPosted by Leeah
I am all for the ability to transfer or bundle server transfers together to a new realm - but I am worried that just unveiling this feature with no mindfulness for how this could negatively affect server balance could cause a lot of harm.

I am all for bundle-transferring - but only if they find a way to prevent mass exodus, or mass migration on servers.

It doesn't sound like that big of a deal until your high server suddenly becomes Full and you face a 2 hour login que you never did before.

The biggest problem this would create is the amount of gold people have on accounts. There are gold restrictions but a lot of people who want to transfer all their alts in this manner are professions players and they very likely have well over 5 million gold. That gold will be converted into goods that they can take with them - that would cause havoc to both server economies.

Just one person buying up 3 million of goods from a low pop server would cause problems - imagine 20 people doing that and it would be ongoing.
I would welcome any discount or special on character services.
Guild banks can transfer 10 million gold now.