demon hunter is so simple

Demon Hunter
since my guild can't do mythic raiding. theres hardly anything else to do but M+7 or higher. i decide to level my mage... realized the difference in skillcap between DH and MAGE is huge. my action bars for mage is full while demon hunter half of the bars are empty. if you think placing yourself with VR+FR takes skills, try playing arcane mage now thats a challenge.

no wonder this class is so incomplete, maybe blizz should add some utility???
Hey buddy, when I press a gap closer I have to move back behind the target, talk about a challenging playstyle.
Uh... constantly FR + VR + turning + dodging stuff + maintaining 4 sec momentum window + fighting against fury starvation is something I wouldn't consider "casual". The fact that this needs to be done non stop and the reward is on par dps when done right is the problem.
Lol.
Some specs are just simpler compared to others. Try playing a BM hunter and your DH will probably feel a bit more complex.
The rotation might not be the most complicated, but if you're using momentum, then you need to constantly maintain positioning and that alone is a chore. I DPS as offspec, and it is by no means a walk in the park.
Just so you guys know, he has the Anger of the Half-Giants. The class feels better when you're actually getting Fury.

It was probably his first legendary that he looted early in the expansion, so he automatically knows all there is about DH.
Always someone talking about how nothing in this game takes skill and how they can prove the rienmann hypothesis, achieve world peace, and maintain optimal dps on 3 classes at once in mythic raids.

We all bow to your god-like skills but beg you have mercy on us mere mortals lol.
yeah thats kinda what i thought when i leveled as havoc. Try vengeance lol its way harder then most other tanks
If havoc is so easy, then why is it that other dh don't keep up with me?

I put in the effort, work on my class, my play, my rotation/priority. I'm always trying to improve myself as a dh.

So if anyone can do it, and it's that easy, than anyone should be able to do more Dps than me.

My gear isn't even stellar. It's all from wq and various spots of luck. So why am I doing better that other dh?

Effort. You don't just pick up this class and be amazing.
11/07/2016 09:53 AMPosted by Rofldemon
yeah thats kinda what i thought when i leveled as havoc. Try vengeance lol its way harder then most other tanks

That's what I was thinking. I cannot speak for havoc because I don't play it but I do main vengeance and can definitely say mate is a joke compared to what I manage.
Arcane mage complaining about complexity.
lmao arcane mage being hard after you dont have to keep mana over 92%
11/07/2016 06:35 AMPosted by Hitkilla
Uh... constantly FR + VR + turning + dodging stuff + maintaining 4 sec momentum window + fighting against fury starvation is something I wouldn't consider "casual". The fact that this needs to be done non stop and the reward is on par dps when done right is the problem.

He has AOTHG. He doesn't know what fury starvation is. He hasn't done Mythic raiding. He doesn't know that there are consequences to misplaced FR/VR (Yea I'm looking at you mythic il'gynoth).
They basically flat out said at blizzcon DH was designed to have hardly any skills to make it newb friendly.
Blizzard made them easy to play initially, but lack of talent viability encourages the selection of Momentum, which requires sacrificing defensive mobility for use in the offensive rotations.

Demon blades is still only a 75% chance to proc with/without the AotHG legendary. Being fury starved can and does happen, and basing a class on RNG makes it great on the highs, and rough on the lows.

Arcane mage has its own complexity to play correctly, to be sure. Utility is prevalent in mages in terms of Crowd control, but I wouldn't compare a ranged magical class to a melee physical class.
11/06/2016 11:58 PMPosted by Quaked
my action bars for mage is full while demon hunter half of the bars are empty.

Lol, cuz buttons on a skillbar = skill right? haha
u guys make it sound dh is the only class that positioning and dodging things and do 1 skill to upkeep damage. mages need to position and dodge things too and set up their damage. funny thing is that most people downvoting are those who hasnt even completed H EN
It's a different kind of challenge from a typical complex rotation everyone's used to. The complexity with Havoc comes from perfecting movement, positioning and timing, as well as situational awareness which needs to be much higher than what melee normally requires.

Also, bar full of buttons doesn't necessarily mean a complex rotation, it might just mean a bloated spec.
11/07/2016 07:21 PMPosted by Quaked
u guys make it sound dh is the only class that positioning and dodging things and do 1 skill to upkeep damage. mages need to position and dodge things too and set up their damage. funny thing is that most people downvoting are those who hasnt even completed H EN

How do you even know who downvoted you for starters?

Furthermore if you're not in Mythic yourself how are you qualified to !@#$% and moan about a class in which you have 2 very nice legendaries for?

I may have AOTHG but I topped my guilds M Nyth and M Elerethe kills this week, showing that we clearly aren't the worst class in the game, unless you're just plain bad.

Only complaints from people that do not own the ring are really relevant as far as I'm concerned. Because yes I do think this class is kind of terrible without it, single target wise.