Why is there loot entitlement in pugs?

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 Next

Politely asking for something is bad, when it has minimal value to you? The fact that people like you exist makes me fear for the future of the human race.

Nobody ever politely asked for anything but yeah it would kill you people to say please wouldn't it? All i have even seen is people begging an being jerks but that is typical of the participation trophy generation. You want something get it from somewhere besides my bags. Not really hard concept to follow! OK kiddies had enough you keep arguing between yourselves on who is entitled to what drops into my bags !

No one has ever demanded or begged for anything from me. Every interaction regarding gear that I did not need has been polite. I guess these horrible people only exist in LFR and queueable instance? I don't know.
11/07/2016 10:32 AMPosted by Drafgar
I never threatened violence on anyone that's just some crap in your head kiddo!

Try demanding that I give you something IRL and I'll make sure you regret it!

Ummmmm
11/06/2016 02:36 PMPosted by Dáríus
The bottom line is there is a community expectation that you'll give up loot you don't need to someone who needs it. That expectation has existed in wow since the very beginning. You can moan and whine and stomp your feet talking about how it is yours and you really need that 60 gold, but if you violate social norms you face social punishment (like being booted out of a group activity).

Just for the record though, being nice about it and saying "May I have that please" is going to get your further. Ultimately, you can vendor or disenchant until you're blue in the face, nothing anyone can do about it except boot you. These are the choices you make.

It is a community expectation to give an item to people who need it when you don't need it. OP isn't saying that it is not an expectation. What they are saying is that when you are a complete jerk about it, they are not going to encourage that behavior by giving you the item.
And I bet it was that stupid add-on that pointed it out too.

God, I can't wait for that add-on to be removed, or the message to be private.
11/07/2016 08:28 AMPosted by Baileyjay
It's strange how just being a decent person is such a hard concept for so many "gamers". I guess I shouldn't be shocked since "gamers" let a hate campaign like gamergate proliferate.

I mean, what kind of a person cares more about 25 gold than helping a fellow player?

Is that fellow player being an !@#? (Like half the people in this thread)

Then im vendoring the item.
Want an upgrade? go run a WQ.
I don't respond well to threats.
11/07/2016 11:01 AMPosted by Mixarchist

Sure it's completely rude to threaten someone or be a jerk if you're asking for an item. But if it's clearly an upgrade for someone and you don't need it and that person is very polite when asking for it and you refuse... that's just rude. That 25G to vendor it is nothing.
Someone whispered me on a N EN when I got some warforged bracers which I didn't need.

GET AWAY FROM ME PEASANT NO YOU MAY NOT HAVE MY GEAR!

Rando: "Hey do you need those bracers?"

Me: "Nope."

Rando: "Can I have them?"

Me: "Yep."

Ez
11/07/2016 11:23 AMPosted by Ninjuka
Someone whispered me on a N EN when I got some warforged bracers which I didn't need.

GET AWAY FROM ME PEASANT NO YOU MAY NOT HAVE MY GEAR!

Rando: "Hey do you need those bracers?"

Me: "Nope."

Rando: "Can I have them?"

Me: "Yep."

Ez

Yea I absolutely do NOT understand the mentality of people these days. People in dungeons have little to no respect. Gladly people with poor group mentality are the minority when it comes to sharing loot. The mindset of people on the forums are the minority in general.
11/06/2016 02:20 PMPosted by Mattr
11/06/2016 02:18 PMPosted by Brockthorn

But it's not "any other xpac". It's legion and with the current way loot rolls not looting the boss eliminates the ugliness.

But it doesn't eliminate the ugliness. The outcome of keeping PL for gold is equivalent to rolling need for everything. It just lets you feel good on a technicality.

No one, but me is entitled to the loot I got from the boss. If I want it for gold, too bad its my loot that I can do with how I please.
If you ask nicely if I need it? Sure I have no issue handing it over, but do not assume that I will just hand it over without politely asking.
If you demand the loot from me and get !@#$ty about it? I will refuse and if its my group I will boot you, no questions asked.

You are no more entitled to my loot then I am to yours.
Some of you really need reevaluate your morals. A bunch are actually down voting people who are just talking about being generous if someone asks nicely. But refuse when it's demanded.

I'm sorry but throwing a "MINE" fit over something you don't need and acting like a selfish brat if someone even asks nicely, makes you no better then thecperson demanding it. It reminds me of toddlers throwing fits and never wanting to share. Yes it's yours but you don't have to act like a selfish little brat over it. And honestly... brownie points to anyone who is KIND enough to give up loot to someone they know could use it.

NO people don't get to demand loot. But people shouldn't be acting like selfish brats if someone asks nicely. Hell. I'd even offer to cover the gold the person would get if they vendered. I didn't know asking people to do something nice for someone else was SUCH a bad thing. What is wrong with a lot of you?

I'm sorry but keeping something for yourself only to throw it away makes you coldhearted, uncaring and 100% selfish. You don't have to give it up but check your freaking attitudes about it. You sound just as self entitled as the people who are demanding it.

Man I hope the world doesn't follow this example and never gives anything to those in need and instead would rather throw it away for crap money and shows a total lack of care for others.

Good karma for someone who does a kind thing. Not to those who behave like selfish brats. And that goes for both groups who think they can demand someone else loot, and those who thinking asking to be generous is out of line! Guess they didn't teach that word in school.
11/07/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Andrilynn
I'm sorry but throwing a "MINE" fit over something you don't need and acting like a selfish brat if someone even asks nicely, makes you no better then thecperson demanding it.

Pretty sure almost everyone here is in agreement that asking nicely will lead to a trade.
When something drops, I tend to ask if someone needs it, or inspect someone who I suspect might. I'll trade it off and be on my merry way. That being said, if they were lazy/rude/caused wipes or whatever, I'ma DE that !@#$.

But all that being said, I have had exactly 0 people demand loot from me in Legion. Not in heroics, mythics, m+, lfr, or pug raids. Not once. I haven't even seen it happen to someone else in group. A few beggars that put up a sad emote when told no maybe, but it is truly an outlier if you guys are finding people who actually demand/kick people over not trading.

And if you are seeing it often, I suspect that you're being hyper-sensitive and seeing aggression where there is none.
[quote="207499379235"][
Like I said, if it really was an improvement despite being a lower ilvl, then keep it. As far as the transmog point, I noticed that as soon as I pick up a new item, I get pink text telling me that item has been added to my transmog inventory. That's without even equipping it. Unless I'm being mislead by that statement, you can give the item away, and keep the transmog.

When you give it away, it takes the appearance away.
11/06/2016 10:43 AMPosted by Waraila
The addon makes it worse but blizz can't break it or it'd break legitimate addons as well (such as the transmog based ones).

Eh, would be easy to break this without causing harm to other addons. Just make it an option to announce what you get on looting.
11/06/2016 10:48 AMPosted by Aquadots
Screenshot or it didn't happen.

Challenge:

One person post a screenshot of a
variation of this general conversation
happening and refusing, resulting in a kick.

OPs story is blatantly false and just a story to try to convince Blizz to break a stupid spammy addon. Not a single random nobody in LFG cares enough about some other single random nobody to kick someone over not giving their loot to another random nobody.

Downvote some more please, thanks.

Edit1: People get angry when you ask for proof lmfao
Edit2: 10 pages, still no proof this is happening.
Edit 3: 16 pages, TL;DR people arguing over whether it should or shouldn't happen, but still zero evidence this fantasy kick has ever happened even once. The fact it's HIGHLY spammy is all the reason you need to make a case for it to be broken, you don't need to make up BS fake stories about getting kicked over it.
Edit4: 17 pages, still zero evidence, unsurprising.
Edit5: 18 pages now, still zero evidence. Shocking, I tell you. I am truly stunned by this turn of events.

Biggest development is we gained another 24 downvotes! Stay with me here for the latest breaking developments in the continuing saga of "there is no evidence this is happening and the OP is spouting hogwash" story! More at 11!

You are a Cog Sucking Trogg.

Go jump off Dalaran.
11/07/2016 11:14 AMPosted by Carlyraejpsn
11/07/2016 11:01 AMPosted by Mixarchist

Sure it's completely rude to threaten someone or be a jerk if you're asking for an item. But if it's clearly an upgrade for someone and you don't need it and that person is very polite when asking for it and you refuse... that's just rude. That 25G to vendor it is nothing.

I'm sorry, was this thread about how much of a pain it is for people to whisper politely and ask nicely to get a drop?
[quote]As far as the transmog point, I noticed that as soon as I pick up a new item, I get pink text telling me that item has been added to my transmog inventory. That's without even equipping it. Unless I'm being mislead by that statement, you can give the item away, and keep the transmog.

Nope. If you give the item to another player, the transmog is removed from your library. This system was designed as such to prevent people from simply giving an item to everybody in a group so they can learn the Transmog, then giving it back to the person it dropped for.
11/06/2016 01:59 PMPosted by Mattr
This is why personal loot sucks, this is the first time you could roll need on everything and feel good about yourself.
Except no one is rolling "need" on anything (it's being automatically put in our bags as soulbound). Blizzard has changed the loot system and players are within the terms that Blizzard has set on loot in random dungeons. If you don't like that, then I suggest that you run dungeons with other like-minded individuals or guildies and not use the LFG tool. Expecting complete strangers on the internet to adhere to what you deem as acceptable and fair is ludicrous. Especially when it differs from what the developers of the game itself have set.
11/07/2016 10:52 AMPosted by Sudonus
11/06/2016 02:36 PMPosted by Dáríus
The bottom line is there is a community expectation that you'll give up loot you don't need to someone who needs it. That expectation has existed in wow since the very beginning. You can moan and whine and stomp your feet talking about how it is yours and you really need that 60 gold, but if you violate social norms you face social punishment (like being booted out of a group activity).

Just for the record though, being nice about it and saying "May I have that please" is going to get your further. Ultimately, you can vendor or disenchant until you're blue in the face, nothing anyone can do about it except boot you. These are the choices you make.

It is a community expectation to give an item to people who need it when you don't need it. OP isn't saying that it is not an expectation. What they are saying is that when you are a complete jerk about it, they are not going to encourage that behavior by giving you the item.

community expectation to give up your loot? since when?

i remember a purple dropping from zul furrak (sp?) back in vanilla. no personal loot back then... we all rolled need. i won it. the other four players said grats. they expected nothing afterward. i actually couldn't use the dagger so i sold it on the AH for a lot of gold. i then split the profits in 5 and mailed each player from that group a "share". i know, scumbag thing to do, right? they were all surprised and gracious about it. they neither deserved or expected any part of the loot that I won on the roll fair and square.

when did the concept of "my loot" change?
just cause you said it did, doesn't make it so