General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 22 Next
11/06/2016 01:57 PMPosted by Starrgazer
<span class="truncated">...</span>

There's a big difference between:

A) "hey can I please have that? It's a big upgrade for me."

and

B) "Give me that item or I'll have the group kick you."

If you can't see the difference, maybe you aren't grasping the subtleties of this discussion.

Unless you've got copies of chat logs I don't have, I find it pretty hard to believe someone opened the discussion with "give me the loot or you're gone."

I have never ONCE had that happen. I have, however, had a pug in a guild run of normal EN absolutely refuse to share a drop and openly state he'd rather vendor it than share something he didn't need. And, yeah. We kicked him. Because that's a pretty obnoxious way to operate.

Do you REALLY believe that they just started out with "all your loot is mine"? That's ridiculous.

I've been in -all- kinds of pugs. I've seen things...

.. and threats vs asking is what this whole thing hinges on.

If I'm asked and given the choice, I'll almost always just hand the item over - unless it's also an upgrade for me.

If I'm threatened, then I'll basically do whatever I think would hurt them the most because threatening me makes you my enemy.

What I won't do is reward their threats by giving in. That's why it's a stand on principle.
You are working together to accomplish a goal. Chances are great that it wasn't your play alone that led to victory. And sharing when it is appropriate is a part of working together regardless of the content you are doing.

Working well with others can help you get into more groups and get more chances on the things you want/need.
11/06/2016 01:59 PMPosted by Mattr
11/06/2016 01:58 PMPosted by Strattasong
If it isn't an upgrade for my main spec or an off spec then I'll give it to you if you ask, I might even offer it. If I am on my enchanter then I will DE it immediately because I need it for the mats. If I'm not on my enchanter and you demand the item and get ugly then I'll keep it no matter what. It's just that simple. The item is mine not yours, it is not your decision what is done with it. You are entitled to nothing.

To me this is the equivalent of rolling need on everything in a previous xpac, and that was not something that was ok.

This is why personal loot sucks, this is the first time you could roll need on everything and feel good about yourself.

You are incorrect. I can not "roll need" on the items others get. THEY get it, not me, I have no chance to get it. Your logic is faulty. I get it, you're a millenial, you feel entitled. Get over it.
11/06/2016 10:40 AMPosted by Hunterp
[2] adds a transmog to my library

This plus enchanting mats.

However, if someone isn't a rude-butt about it, there's a good chance i'll hand it over.
11/06/2016 11:54 AMPosted by Strife
it was the group leader's group, and he can kick anybody he wants to kick.
pretty much this. cry some more OP
<span class="truncated">...</span>

To me this is the equivalent of rolling need on everything in a previous xpac, and that was not something that was ok.

This is why personal loot sucks, this is the first time you could roll need on everything and feel good about yourself.

You are incorrect. I can not "roll need" on the items others get. THEY get it, not me, I have no chance to get it. Your logic is faulty. I get it, you're a millenial, you feel entitled. Get over it.

Technically you received it yes, But any other xpac and they only way you would have received loot is if you needed it or if NOBODY else did. You don't see why people don't like the new system?

This is the first xpac where RNG allows people who don't need loot to get it over those who do.
11/06/2016 01:52 PMPosted by Sniperstrike
Let them kick you.

They still won't get your item and they have to find someone to join mid-run.

Advantage: You

I'd argue the advantage goes to them, they get a new non-crap-player.

Heres the thing, in most cases, people who act like this are just terrible players anyhow. Their terribleness isn't isolated to their loot whoring, but all aspects of what they do. OP probably does terrible dps/hps for example. Taking a wild guess, but I'm usually pretty good at these stereotypes.
I keep only when I get trades opened in my facd after I get a item. Without that damn addon I usually ask people after checking if I needed it. Point here is that addon encourages !@#$%^-s to think they can have it.
People shouldn't feel like they can't loot a boss without getting raged at about gear. Honestly, if this keeps going or gets worse, I wouldn't be surprised if Personal Loot becomes BOP with no trades. Again...
11/06/2016 02:11 PMPosted by Tairayn
People shouldn't feel like they can't loot a boss without getting raged at about gear. Honestly, if this keeps going or gets worse, I wouldn't be surprised if Personal Loot becomes BOP with no trades. Again...

Or just go back to the old system where if someone needs an item and you don't you don't get it in the first place.

OLD SYSTEM:

Punks could need something they didn't and people would be mad.

NEW SYSTEM:

Same people get to get stuff they didn't need and feel good about it.
11/06/2016 02:07 PMPosted by Mattr

Technically you received it yes, But any other xpac and they only way you would have received loot is if you needed it or if NOBODY else did. You don't see why people don't like the new system?

This is the first xpac where RNG allows people who don't need loot to get it over those who do.

Really ? You never heard of Master loot and taking all the loot and hearthing ?
Or master loot and handing out all the goodies to your friends that came with you in the group ?

There's a valid reason why Bizz made Master Loot into Guild Master Loot and we all went to personal loot.

CRZ brought out the ugliness in people. When we were separate realms word got around about the ninja looters and they got shunned from groups.

That ended with CRZ.
11/06/2016 02:07 PMPosted by Blackguarde
Let them kick you.

Heres the thing, in most cases, people who act like this are just terrible players anyhow. Their terribleness isn't isolated to their loot whoring, but all aspects of what they do. OP probably does terrible dps/hps for example. Taking a wild guess, but I'm usually pretty good at these stereotypes.

The only thing you're good at is projecting.
11/06/2016 02:07 PMPosted by Blackguarde
Let them kick you.

Well as I am not the OP I agree with him that this Addon encourages toxic players to demand items. I do not like it when I am running a heroic/mythic dungeon or any raid and after I loot a boss I get a barrage of messages in raid or party asking me for it or trade windows randomly popping up. If I do not need it I will ask if anyone wants it or for people to roll for it. Kill the damn addon
11/06/2016 02:12 PMPosted by Brockthorn
11/06/2016 02:07 PMPosted by Mattr

Really ? You never heard of Master loot and taking all the loot and hearthing ?
Or master loot and handing out all the goodies to your friends that came with you in the group ?

There's a valid reason why Bizz made Master Loot into Guild Master Loot and we all went to personal loot.

CRZ brought out the ugliness in people. When we were separate realms word got around about the ninja looters and they got shunned from groups.

That ended with CRZ.

Personal Loot overtook need before greed too, not just master looter.

And again. In the past the one getting loot they DONT NEED was the %^&hole. Now the person getting loot they don't need is the hero for keeping it for greed.

Not looting the boss eliminates any rage within the group against you.
DPS have a hard enough time getting into groups never mind getting kicked because they got loot that "should have went to someone else" according to an addon.
I asked for a ring in kara recently. Got declined about it. I listed my reasoning for wanting to further my case. Got declined (Im not using that addon btw. Just looked at it myself lol)

And really. I can't be mad at the guy at all. I didn't get lucky to have it drop for me. And he put in as much work or more than I did to down the boss.

So in all reality its his choice to hand it over or not. And whatever choice he made was the right one.
11/06/2016 02:15 PMPosted by Brockthorn

Not looting the boss eliminates any rage within the group against you.
DPS have a hard enough time getting into groups never mind getting kicked because they got loot that "should have went to someone else" according to an addon.

It should have. If this was any other xpac YOU WOULD NOT HAVE EVER GOTTEN THAT LOOT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

In no expac in wow history has disenchanting loot that is an upgrade for someone in the group been seen as a good thing until now.
I had someone demand an item from me when I was healing a chain-pulling tank the other day. I had no idea what I had even won! The group was moving so quickly that I just right-clicked the boss and moved on.

He opened a trade window with me while I was healing a boss fight, too! I didn't know what was going on. In the end the group kicked him because he was spending so much time bothering me that his DPS was terrible.
11/06/2016 11:04 AMPosted by Skurvy
It would be very selfish to keep the item if all you are getting out of it is a few gold from a vendor. It's sometimes pretty obvious that an item is not useful. I'd boot you in a heartbeat for being selfish. You are only getting loot from the mythic because the other players are there along with you. It's a team effort. Sometimes you have to give something back to the team, especially when the cost to you is inconsequential.

And I would boot you in a heartbeat for being the loot !@#$% that thinks he is entitled to everybody else's drops.
11/06/2016 02:17 PMPosted by Mattr

It should have. If this was any other xpac YOU WOULD NOT HAVE EVER GOTTEN THAT LOOT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

But it's not "any other xpac". It's legion and with the current way loot rolls not looting the boss eliminates the ugliness.