The Casual Problem

General Discussion
Threads like these are not going to get you anywhere and the amount of downvotes you're receiving is indicative of this. Look at the facts. The massive ability pruning is a shift into catering to the new, larger, demographic that prefers simplicity over complexity.

The multiple tiers of difficulty are to ensure no content is out of reach, and this is even more evident in 7.2 as Karazhan is added to the queue system. Even world quests now offer the same gear level as starter mythic+ just for cracking a few nuts and killing some harpies. The fact of the matter is the casual earns them more money.

You can't expect the gamers that got them to where they are now, back when gaming culture was completely different, to still be the same demographic today that they must still cater to. That was over a decade ago. Lots of things happened since then. Facebook happened, iphone happened, so many huge changes that changed the gaming culture forever.

There is no going back. And so if you can't handle the casual, if Blizzard had to choose, at the end of the day it'd be you gone, because they're a business. It's just how it is...
I got 99 problems but this game aint one.
Are you even a Casual? Who makes a DH and gives up before finishing their intro questline? That's the only way you could be 101. Not to mention having next to no content achieves done while clearly having accountwide achieves active.
11/07/2016 07:07 PMPosted by Amorloran
Are you even a Casual?

Do you mean am I even a... hardcore player?

11/07/2016 07:07 PMPosted by Amorloran
Who makes a DH and gives up before finishing their intro questline? That's the only way you could be 101. Not to mention having next to no content achieves done while clearly having accountwide achieves active.

???
Demonhunters start at 98. You're 100 when you finish the starting quests.

To answer your question about who I am, I'm that strong girl that everyone knew would make it through the worst, I'm that fearless girl, the one who would dare to do anything, that independent girl who didn't need a man; that girl who never backed down.

Also this is obviously not my main, I posted on this character because the name is more appropriate for the demagogic literary style. I have way more achieves on my main I swear.
Just skimming it, I think OP ate too many lead chips. On top of that, I also suspect they're trolling.

11/07/2016 05:15 PMPosted by Taydolfswift
The Casual knows only fear. Fear of inadequacy.

Hmm. Listening to players, this better describes most "hardcore" players. They fear other people not knowing how "great" they are, they fear we don't give 2 craps about their accomplishments. They fear the rest of the player base doesn't hold them in awe, and just doesn't give a damn about them. All true, btw.

: )
11/07/2016 06:17 PMPosted by Taydolfswift
11/07/2016 06:15 PMPosted by Rosscoe
Labels..... you people....

What do you mean you people?

Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.

Really... go preach to someone who gives a F***
The salt is strong in this thread.
Gah! Come on. Quit being a damn casual. Post these threads on Sunday so I have some entertainment at work.
11/07/2016 07:53 PMPosted by Markus
Gah! Come on. Quit being a damn casual. Post these threads on Sunday so I have some entertainment at work.

I have more important things to do on the weekend. Consider yourself fortunate to be working on the day god designated for !@#$posting. Not all of us are so lucky.

The only time I have to write is while I'm at work with no distractions. It's pretty intense writing about my own life, my own struggles. My experience with %^-*post writing is usually so confessional, it's so drawn from my own life and my own stories. My confidence is easy to shake. I am very well aware of all of my flaws. I am aware of all the insecurities that I have. Remember, life isn't about how to survive the storm, it's about how to dance in the rain.
Thanks for the downvotes GD, I never in my wildest dreams thought I could get to 70. I couldn't have done any of this without you guys. I feel truly blessed.

Now it's time to turn that enthusiasm into action. Get out there and vote for Trump!
I hope you have to change your name as punishment for this pointless post.
11/07/2016 05:15 PMPosted by Taydolfswift
An objective comparison of the shallow content offered today with the peerless challenges of vanilla and TBC

/eyeroll
OP thinks "vanilla" wasn't casual. Stopped reading there.
Op has a right to his opinion, and frankly it was written well if somewhat blustery. But opinions are !@#$ when it comes to a product designed to make money.

If any dev does put back content walls or bumps, all it will do is drive away players and their money. And they need money to continue to make the game available and add a significant amount of new content.

All the people on both sides of any argument are simply being idiots for advocating any segment of a community be exiled. The best thing for blizzard or any dev is to be very inclusive with ALL playstyles. They have hard mythic content for the hardcores, they have LFG for the social people, LFD/LFR for antisocials and casuals, WQ for soloists, and so on. Thats the reason WoW is no1 and for the forseeable future will stay that way
OP claims there was a "joke" involved, but all I saw was, at the very end, a lame reference to a lame song by a lame singer, in an op written by someone with a truly lame name.

Overall lameness score: 10/10.
It's not Sunday, OP. Nor was it Sunday when you posted this. Come back later, sweetie.
11/08/2016 11:29 AMPosted by Finmaril
OP claims there was a "joke" involved, but all I saw was, at the very end, a lame reference to a lame song by a lame singer, in an op written by someone with a truly lame name.

Overall lameness score: 10/10.

I've wanted one thing for my whole life and I'm not going to be that girl who wants one thing her whole life then gets it and complains.
I like to play WoW a lot, but I like my game difficulty on normal mode, and I always felt like WoW catered to my style...until now. We all want to be apart of the latest & greatest content, and not sitting on the sidelines waiting for the coach to put us in the game.
11/08/2016 11:08 AMPosted by Undraxis
Op has a right to his opinion, and frankly it was written well if somewhat blustery. But opinions are !@#$ when it comes to a product designed to make money.

If any dev does put back content walls or bumps, all it will do is drive away players and their money. And they need money to continue to make the game available and add a significant amount of new content.

All the people on both sides of any argument are simply being idiots for advocating any segment of a community be exiled. The best thing for blizzard or any dev is to be very inclusive with ALL playstyles. They have hard mythic content for the hardcores, they have LFG for the social people, LFD/LFR for antisocials and casuals, WQ for soloists, and so on. Thats the reason WoW is no1 and for the forseeable future will stay that way

if they don't like you for being yourself, be yourself even more
http://i.imgur.com/kzkU56R.jpg
Your name is dumb.
/thread