Am I high for wanting to play War in Arena?

Warrior
Sup Warriors,

Former Warrior and long time Rogue player here... Came back to Legion a few weeks ago (just in time for the 3rd wave of Rogue nerfs -_-), and am not really enjoying the Sin playstyle in Arena with the lack of utility and recent damage nerfs. My question to you is - am I high for wanting to switch to War for arenas?

There's something about charging to pummel an enemies face in, and leaping away to charge back into battle. I always enjoyed the Warrior's playstyle in previous expansions, and last played my War for a very brief stint of WoD. The last time I pushed rating on War was Wotlk, and man have the times changed.

I know that War seems to severely lack utility due to pruning, but is the playstyle still rewarding? Is it just mongo tunneling, or is there still a level of tactical play involved? I know stance dancing is gone (RIP :/), and I believe reflect is a talent?I've seen the posts about the Hammy GCD nerf, which is terrible imo.

Am I crazy for wanting to abandon one gimped class for what appears to be another? Do any of you feel good about the (unknown) future of Warriors?
LOL
Mongo tunneling, the decision making is pruned with the abilities. We are forced to use abilities at inopportune times because it's the only way we can reduce pressure.

I think the difference between a R1 Warrior and bottom quartile warrior is the least it's ever been
Not crazy, warriors are a lot of fun. Like any class you have your moments where you completely smash people's faces in, but also prepared to be very frustrated when the rng isn't in your favor or you get soloed by a ret paladin or DH. Assuming you play this game for fun, roll a warrior for that reason and accept our downsides with it.
11/07/2016 11:52 AMPosted by Lextry
LOL

Which part was funny to you?
nahh you aint high.. just suicidal
No. Warriors are hands down the most fun class. Blizzard knows this. it's why they nerf us all the time to balance out class representation. If warriors brought any raid utility half the raids would consist of them.
Sure.. play warr in arena if you like being...

Outrunned...
Out damaged...
nuked with no Defense cds...
Gimped on self heals...
Having self-deprecating talent choices...
Being first to get tunnel targeted cause youre ez

By every single class

But being able to stroke your beard makes everything alright
It's not as bad as people are making it out to be, but warriors are still in an rough spot. Very limited comp options, as you pretty much need a partner who can either 1.) handle all the CC that allows you up time to pressure a kill target down, or 2.) run with a high sustained damage class that lacks mortal strike effects. Mage or DK/enhance are your best bets in this regard. I've been bashing my head at a wall around 2k playing war/DH/rdruid, would not recommend this comp.

Warrior is fun though if you don't mind not being a strong meta pick!
Haha. No dude..it is bad

It only feels REMOTELY good when you're not target by anything and stealing killing blows
We all want to play warrior in arena. Your only high if you think it's viable.
11/07/2016 01:43 PMPosted by Thine
We all want to play warrior in arena. Your only high if you think it's viable.
Warriors are viable in 3s. We are not the best we've ever been but we are definitely viable.

Most of the complaints come from people who just queue solo bgs and skirmishes, which is understandable because qeueing those on a warrior is painful.

Find good partners and a good comp otherwise you will have a bad time.
No you're not lol. And Warriors aren't Tier 1 but they are definitely viable.
11/07/2016 01:31 PMPosted by Mcbone
Sure.. play warr in arena if you like being...

Outrunned...
Out damaged...
nuked with no Defense cds...
Gimped on self heals...
Having self-deprecating talent choices...
Being first to get tunnel targeted cause youre ez

By every single class

But being able to stroke your beard makes everything alright

I do have a mighty nice beard to stroke.. It just feels fitting.
To everyone saying they aren't viable in the current meta, aren't they still effective in 3s with the right comp? I know 2s can be brutal for a warrior.

I'm fine with not being t1, is it worse than WoD warriors? I forgot which season, but War was pretty painful to play for part of WoD.

Do we have any hope for 7.1.5, or is it more likely to see talent changes or added utility in 7.2?
11/07/2016 06:15 PMPosted by Gripnek
To everyone saying they aren't viable in the current meta, aren't they still effective in 3s with the right comp? I know 2s can be brutal for a warrior.

I'm fine with not being t1, is it worse than WoD warriors? I forgot which season, but War was pretty painful to play for part of WoD.

Do we have any hope for 7.1.5, or is it more likely to see talent changes or added utility in 7.2?

I'm optimistic about future patches. Warriors will always be a staple position in a number of 3s comps and any additional utility buffs help that a lot. Which I think with the change to hamstring is bound to happen but you never know.
mortal strike is a great utility, u can also apply to everyone with the pvp talent.
battle cry can also be applied to your team with another pvp talent..

so arms is viable
but don't even try to roll as fury..

fury aint applyin' mortal wounds (cuz wild strikes doesnt exist anymore, and furious slash sucks a lot)

and yeah without a healer to dispell all the sheeit u won't be able to reach anyone

and everyone's quoting bajheera about the harmstring GCD but they forget he was fury on WoD so stop coming to the forums saying fury was never a pvp spec when it was and was also funnier than arms
im doing it. not high.
11/07/2016 03:51 PMPosted by Snizslam
Warriors are viable in 3s. We are not the best we've ever been but we are definitely viable.

Most of the complaints come from people who just queue solo bgs and skirmishes, which is understandable because qeueing those on a warrior is painful.

Find good partners and a good comp otherwise you will have a bad time.

There's a difference between "viable" and "good".
There is not a single thing we do that another melee class doesn't do better currently. "Find good partners" is easier said than done with the current state of the playerbase being both deflated and very obsessed with min-maxing.

I've been told by every single one of my 2400+ partners that if I want to queue, I'm going to need to level my DK. I could possibly run with them on their alts to grab 2k, but I don't see the point in that because of how elite works now.