Nightbane Kara Reset Instance

General Discussion
Just posting here to express how mad I am at Blizzard for preventing to reset instance for Nightbane runs in return to karazhan.

So for those who don't know what I'm talking about; In return to karazhan there is an hidden boss: Nightbane. To summon him you need to do a quick run through the instance to click the soul fragments within a certain time frame. It is a fairly difficult thing to do and we often ran out of time or wiped due to a mistake. The thing is that during the first week of 7.1 we could run out and reset the instance and it would reset the timer and we could attempt it again. Now Blizzard thought it would be a good idea that once you've defeated a boss you can't reset the timer... Why would you think that?! It is making it so we can only try it once a week and that really pisses me off.

Please blizz revert those changes so we can defeat Nightbane once and for all.
This is how the timed mount runs have always been. ZA was the same way. You get one try a week.

You'll get it eventually. Just keep trying. Eventually it will be easy.
A hidden boss on a timer doesn't let you cheat the timer. Where have I seen that before?

Oh hi Algalon.

11/04/2016 08:10 PMPosted by Valaara
It is making it so we can only try it once a week

Yeah, that's the entire point.
The reason that you were able to do multiple Nightbane runs in the first place was a lockout bug that wasn't intended to be there in the first place.
11/04/2016 08:15 PMPosted by Drazana
This is how the timed mount runs have always been. ZA was the same way. You get one try a week.

You'll get it eventually. Just keep trying. Eventually it will be easy.

I don't really care about the mount, i want the 875 gear before it gets useless
If you want the mount and/or loot, don't miss the timer.

It's that simple.
So basically if I want to complete nightbane runs, I only want to do it with groups that have already completed it. Have fun if you haven't run it yet. You never will.
11/04/2016 08:10 PMPosted by Valaara
Just posting here to express how mad I am at Blizzard for preventing to reset instance for Nightbane runs in return to karazhan.

They haven't ? They fixed Lockouts so that groups can resume where they left off by making instances reflect the leader's lockout.

Think about that, and you can figure out how to get unlimited Nightbane tries until you succeed.
Sorry, but it makes no sense that instance resets for speed runs are a thing in the first place. It makes the speed run meaningless when you could just reset it if you screwed up.

You're supposed to do it right the first time.

11/05/2016 12:18 PMPosted by Keliza
So basically if I want to complete nightbane runs, I only want to do it with groups that have already completed it. Have fun if you haven't run it yet. You never will.

People will be getting it done later in the expansion when they've got more gear.

There's no problem unless you're the type that has to have it RIGHT NOW DAMMIT instead of having some patience and waiting.

Of course, there is an advantage with doing it with people who have already completed the speed run. They'll already have the mount leaving it all to you.
The problem is everyone is demanding you have the achievement to join groups for nightbane runs.. and the vast majority of people that have the achievement did it last week when you could reset it as many times as you like. GW blizz.
Fact of the matter is. Instance reseting for Kara was a bug. They even confirmed it was unintended.
11/05/2016 12:18 PMPosted by Keliza

Just started my own group with a guild mate, got 3 other people, didn't ask for any achievements, and we did it 7 nightbane attempts.

Got my achievement now, so... hm.
just get another character to reset, run in as leader when others come in swap to your main toon and then repeat. that's what we are doing atm
Ah yes, cheating a lockout for multiple runs you weren't supposed to be able to do in the first place.
Calm down people. The point of the fix wasn't to limit Nightbane attempts. It was to allow people to continue their full runs at a future time. I think we can all agree that is important for a dungeon as long a Karazhan.

It is still very easy to reset Karazhan to a fresh lockout. If you want to do a fresh lockout, it works exactly the same as resetting raids. Convert to raid, invite and give lead to a character who has not run the instance, and have that character reset all instances. Any alt level 10 or higher can do this. To streamline the process, you can even use a character on a trial account, so that you don't have to log in and out between resets. The character resetting the instance doesn't have to be in Karazhan or anywhere near it.
Not sure why people think they were targetting Nightbane runs with the lockout change. They've never said anything to that effect and left a very obvious way to retry the speedrun anyway.

Most importantly, they changed it midweek. Midweek changes to dungeons and raids either address dire exploits or make things easier. They specifically avoid buffing encounters/challenges in the middle of the week.
We all know how this goes. You wipe a bunch, reset it a bunch, then come here to complain about how the "Reset isn't convenient and you don't pay your $15 to have your time wasted" or whatever.

The point is that you get one chance a week.

Mad that it didn't work out? Working as intended.
11/07/2016 09:30 AMPosted by Mvura
We all know how this goes. You wipe a bunch, reset it a bunch, then come here to complain about how the "Reset isn't convenient and you don't pay your $15 to have your time wasted" or whatever.

The point is that you get one chance a week.

Mad that it didn't work out? Working as intended.

Nope, you missed the point completely. They didn't take away our ability to reset Kara. They fixed our ability to continue Kara. Now people can continue their runs at a later time, or, using a character with a fresh lockout, start from the beginning whenever they want. Working as intended.
11/07/2016 09:19 AMPosted by Vigormortis
Calm down people. The point of the fix wasn't to limit Nightbane attempts. It was to allow people to continue their full runs at a future time. I think we can all agree that is important for a dungeon as long a Karazhan.

Yeah I didn't really think of that when I first wrote the post.
And I suppose they would have reduced the mount's drop rate if they didn't want you to get it so easily and not necessarily limit the number of attempts. Otherwise why make it drop gear at all?
The whole point is to make it accessible only to groups who are genuinely good enough for it, not for groups who have 3 hours and wait for the perfect RNG moment to grab the mount.