PSA: Arena Numbers on Nameplates

Arenas
I found a script that works on the current legion nameplates that will put the enemy arena teams numbers directly over their nameplate. Not everyone wants/needs this but its way nicer than having to check and recheck gladius when you're trying to hoj/cs etc arena 123. This works with other nameplate addons (specifically Nameplate Auras which is what I use):

/run local U=UnitIsUnit hooksecurefunc("CompactUnitFrame_UpdateName",function(F)if IsActiveBattlefieldArena()and F.unit:find("nameplate")then for i=1,5 do if U(F.unit,"arena"..i)then F.name:SetText(i)F.name:SetTextColor(1,1,0)break end end end end)

Screencap of what it looks like:
http://imgur.com/a/x3GIx

P.S. I hate you all, I have asked about this several times on here and nothing. Mostly Dilly's fault but it's w/e.
I like this.
Thanks for sharing op.
Thanks, there is an addon that used to do this but it doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Appreciate the tip.

Here's the addon in case it gets updated: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/arenaplates
how does this work? where do you put the script? sorry for the noob question
12/10/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Scroogmcdik

Into the in-game chat system
"/" prompts commands just copy and paste his post.
ok thanks. I think the problem was it wasn't working with my tidyplates add on
12/10/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Scroogmcdik

Copy / paste it into a macro . You have to press it everytime you log / relog .
Glad this PSA is still P.
ty for bump, helped

y u declare a variable that u only use once btw? its longer that way
I didn't write it, I just went into the .lua file of the old add-on and deleted code until it worked.
Been looking for this, thanks a lot!
Just want to say IM A BOSS
[b][/b]
Thx for this. Tried it this week and it works well with my playstyle.
The script works well as long as you don't use any addon to display nameplates. If you do however, you'll need to dig into the lua scripts to figure out what to change.

For the few of you using elvui, this is what you need to do:

1. go to the addon folder and find this file: World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ElvUI\Modules\nameplates\elements\name.lua

2. Find the line "function mod:UpdateElement_Name(frame, triggered)" (line 19 in V10.72 of elvui), and add the following to the END of this function (line 58 for V10.72):

if IsActiveBattlefieldArena() then
for i=1,5 do
if UnitIsUnit(frame.unit,"arena"..i) then
frame.Name:SetText(i)
frame.Name:SetTextColor(1, 1, 0)
break
end
end
end

Reload UI and it should work as long as you don't upgrade Elvui. You don't even need to run anything when you reload the ui for this to work. You'll need to make the same change whenever you do an Elvui upgrade.
anyone have problems with this and tidyplates?
Any way to do this with party members? (i.e. party 1-5 showing instead of default nameplates)
04/21/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Pistõlgrip
Any way to do this with party members? (i.e. party 1-5 showing instead of default nameplates)
Try replacing the "arena" line with "party"... Should work. There's also a script that fixes the sorting issue so you show on top, with party1 then party2 for the party frames. Let me know if you want that as well.
04/21/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Fox
04/21/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Pistõlgrip
Try replacing the "arena" line with "party"... Should work. There's also a script that fixes the sorting issue so you show on top, with party1 then party2 for the party frames. Let me know if you want that as well.

I'm down, could you share that one? Thanks for the reply
/run LoadAddOn("Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames") CRFSort_Group=function(t1, t2) if UnitIsUnit(t1,"player") then return true elseif UnitIsUnit(t2,"player") then return false else return t1 < t2 end end CompactRaidFrameContainer.flowSortFunc=CRFSort_Group

Np. If you can't get the party thing working on name plates, I have weak auras that attach to arena1 2 3 that I can set up for you if needed.