Over 9000!

Rogue
Mastery.

I made it there, finally.
However, your crit is only 25%. That really needs to come up to at least 35% minimum. Your combo point regeneration is already slower because of AP, now add the fact that you're never going to crit that often, you're going to spending half the time on Mutilate, then lose out on your important Envenom debuff. Get that crit up, and you'll do much better trust me. I run MP/AP and MP/Exsang builds, and getting that crit to 40+ was a huge dps increase because I was spending less time using Mutilate trying to get combo points.
I've been wishing/hoping/praying for some crit trinkets. And less haste crap, but so far, the RNG Gods have only loved me in the mastery department.

I will say, the jump from 90% mastery to where I am now, even without gaining any crit (I've stayed between 24 and 27% this whole time.) has felt really good as MP/AP.

I've been thinking about enchanting for crit at this point.
11/15/2016 10:02 AMPosted by Mido
I've been wishing/hoping/praying for some crit trinkets. And less haste crap, but so far, the RNG Gods have only loved me in the mastery department.

I will say, the jump from 90% mastery to where I am now, even without gaining any crit (I've stayed between 24 and 27% this whole time.) has felt really good as MP/AP.

I've been thinking about enchanting for crit at this point.

Yeah RNG can suck. Get rid of that versatility and haste when you can. I try to have all my items only crit and mastery, which is where I am right now. Unless the ilvl is 15+ with haste/vers, I don't even replace it. Enchant and gem crit, get that Magister food, and that'll help immensely. You'll drop below 9,000 but at your ilvl that's not going to matter. Keep it above 8,000 at least, you'll be fine. Once your gear allows it, you'll eventually reach that 40% crit and 140%.
Yeah, I learned this the hard way. You need 120%+ to 130% mastery. Above 130 is overkill. You need crit. Lots of it. I've had to throw away some pieces of gear for some crit. The trink I have it gives me a random proc of Haste, Mastery, or crit increase and it's helped with some of the stat gaps i have. You should really enchant some crit. Maybe carry some crit food with all that mastery!
11/15/2016 10:50 AMPosted by Shankspeáre
Yeah, I learned this the hard way. You need 120%+ to 130% mastery. Above 130 is overkill. You need crit. Lots of it. I've had to throw away some pieces of gear for some crit. The trink I have it gives me a random proc of Haste, Mastery, or crit increase and it's helped with some of the stat gaps i have. You should really enchant some crit. Maybe carry some crit food with all that mastery!

It's nice to hear that, because I was scared to look like an idiot doing that. I've got 300 crit food coming out of my . . . and I've been scared to swap enchants in fear of looking like an idiot.
Well, swapped to as much crit as possible, and managed to also get a WQ for some gloves with stats I actually wanted.

Managed to break 30%, but I know I need more.

Is 40% crit 140% mastery the real target? And at that, what should my dps look like?
11/16/2016 11:50 PMPosted by Mido
Well, swapped to as much crit as possible, and managed to also get a WQ for some gloves with stats I actually wanted.

Is 40% crit 140% mastery the real target? And at that, what should my dps look like?

Master Poisoner is not really viable atm, you would be doing a lot more damage as EP/AP. MP needs a ton of Mastery before it starts scaling well and the amount of other stats you have to give up is not worth it atm as you have experienced with your insanely low Crit chance.

You should be aiming for around 40-42% Crit and 110-120% Mastery for EP/AP build.
Are you focusing on PvP or PvE? Because you definitely need to drop Vigor for Deeper Stratagem and Mark for Venom Rush. We get the majority of our energy regen from Venom Rush which is why we avoid Haste.
I'd take my 41%/106% over that, to be honest. You need more crit.
11/17/2016 01:08 AMPosted by Mossycleft
11/16/2016 11:50 PMPosted by Mido

Master Poisoner is not really viable atm, you would be doing a lot more damage as EP/AP. MP needs a ton of Mastery before it starts scaling well and the amount of other stats you have to give up is not worth it atm as you have experienced with your insanely low Crit chance.

You should be aiming for around 40-42% Crit and 110-120% Mastery for EP/AP build.
Are you focusing on PvP or PvE? Because you definitely need to drop Vigor for Deeper Stratagem and Mark for Venom Rush. We get the majority of our energy regen from Venom Rush which is why we avoid Haste.

I'm mostly a WQer and PvPer. I do run some dungeons, but not much outside of the daily H and LFR.
148% mastery & 40% crit
I'm doing fine with MP/AP
wasn't terribly difficult to achieve, just had to rely on upgraded crafted gear until i can find some mastery/crit upgrades.
Yeah, my entire line up of WQs today was haste gear, and relics that don't even apply to me. (not sure how that crap shows up) I did however get one of the random trinkets.

It was awesome, it went titanforged. 860. Agility and f***ing haste. Thanks RNG.

I don't want to spend my gold on any more crafted gear. I did two pieces, and of course down the road my stat priority changed, and now those are sub par for me. (at least they offer me some much needed crit right now) so I'm very afraid to go back down that road.

Right now for just being a WQer I can hold my own doing what I do, and obviously in PvP only my ilvl matters.

It would just feel nice to be able to optimize my stuff.