Devs, the faction balance is UNACCEPTABLE.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 15 Next
Faction imbalance would solve itself if blizz would just allow cross faction raiding, grouping, and arena/rbg's.

Surprise surprise, people want to play with other people so they will end up joining a dominant faction for what their goals are! Who saw that coming?
11/08/2016 12:33 PMPosted by Atuke
PvP Server, World PvP happens, not as often as I would like but sometimes...

It might happen with increased frequency if there was more than one alliance for every 10 horde.
Rolled on PVP server, seemingly because they like to PVP in the open world.
Gets killed in open world PVP.
Complains about PVP.

PVE servers are that way ---->

If they are corpse camping it is griefing which is against TOS.

Wow people still believe this?
11/08/2016 12:53 PMPosted by Hamstar

What server is 1:10 pop balance? Over all the websites I am looking at show an overall slight alliance balance.

https://realmpop.com/us.html

Not hard to look at individual realms and their populations.

Sargeras: 96% Alliance
Mal'ganis: 99% Horde
Kel'Thuzad: 95% Alliance
Illidan: 99% Horde
Azralon: 98% Horde
Blackrock: 93% Horde
Kil'jaeden: 90% Horde (only 9:1 but still representative of the bigger problem)

Those are just the PvP realms, there are a few PvE realms similarly unbalanced. Except for Blackrock, they're all extremely high pop realms.

If you sort the realms by balance, PvP realms tend to be horde dominated while PvE realms tend to be Alliance dominated. Once you sort things out to account for connected realms you get:

Realms where Horde are 2:1 or greater
PvP- 26
PvE- 4

Realms where Horde are less than 2:1 to balanced
PvP- 10
PvE- 4

Realms where Alliance are less than 2:1 to balanced
PvP- 3
PvE- 26

Realms where Alliance are 2:1 or greater
PvP- 6
PvE- 42

Hope that makes the problem more clear. The Horde dominated realms are primarily PvP. The Alliance dominated realms are primarily PvE.

It makes sense to a degree. People who want to be the 'bad guy" and play at an unfair advantage are more likely to be interested in PvP and thus play Horde. Those who want to be the "good guy" and play cooperatively are more likely to be interested in PvE and play Alliance.

The numbers balance appears to come out more equal in

11/08/2016 12:57 PMPosted by Sathelihta

58% Horde vs 42% Alliance for all PVP servers.

because the realmpop numbers include character of all levels including from accounts that are inactive. If you just look at just level 101-110 characters (accounts that would have to be active in the last 2 months), it changes to 62% Horde, 38% Alliance.
Yup. Only the Horde, and PvE realm people ignore the fact that's there's actually a problem and resort to cliches like "roll pve."

Try and see it from another's perspective. We are not talking about usual pvp server gripes. The argument here is that the way things are currently set up has fundamentally altered the way most pvp servers are functioning.
11/08/2016 12:50 PMPosted by Worgheart
I find it ironic that Horde and PvE server players are so quick to call it world pvp. What a joke.

it's world pvp
i'm alliance and on a pvp server so ?
11/08/2016 01:18 PMPosted by Hazzir
I don't like my relatively balanced server being merged by CRZ with unbalanced servers.

Even if I'm not being killed or corpse camped I can't finish WQ because everything is tagged.

This. Exactly.

Korgath has become so overcrowded that doing simple WQs has become like every day is Launch Day for a new expansion.

This is what I pay 15 bucks/month for? Won't be, for long, if it doesn't get fixed.
11/08/2016 01:56 PMPosted by Vaelthalas
Rolled one PVP server, seemingly because they like to PVP in the open world.
Gets killed in open world PVP.
Complains about PVP.

PVE servers are that way ---->

Reading is hard.
I call your attention to:
You're not here to run around solo and have a fair, balanced even 1v1 match against everyone you meet. That's not PvP, that's dueling. Running around alone isn't something you have the right to do. This is not, nor should it be, a game where you always stand a fair chance.
[/quote]

I'm not here to ask for a a fair fight, I'm asking not to be instanced against a 90%+ Horde populated server(Kil'Jaeden) that sits on new content and Grieves for hours. I'm on a medium populated server that is almost perfectly balanced on Horde55% V Aliance45% can i just want to play on my server without having to fight a raid of horde players sitting on content in a town i want to attune for.
11/08/2016 01:58 PMPosted by Joynal
11/08/2016 12:53 PMPosted by Hamstar

What server is 1:10 pop balance? Over all the websites I am looking at show an overall slight alliance balance.

Not hard to look at individual realms and their populations.

Sargeras: 96% Alliance
Mal'ganis: 99% Horde
Kel'Thuzad: 95% Alliance
Illidan: 99% Horde
Azralon: 98% Horde
Blackrock: 93% Horde
Kil'jaeden: 90% Horde (only 9:1 but still representative of the bigger problem)

Those are just the PvP realms, there are a few PvE realms similarly unbalanced. Except for Blackrock, they're all extremely high pop realms.

If you sort the realms by balance, PvP realms tend to be horde dominated while PvE realms tend to be Alliance dominated. Once you sort things out to account for connected realms you get:

Realms where Horde are 2:1 or greater
PvP- 26
PvE- 4

Realms where Horde are less than 2:1 to balanced
PvP- 10
PvE- 4

Realms where Alliance are less than 2:1 to balanced
PvP- 3
PvE- 26

Realms where Alliance are 2:1 or greater
PvP- 6
PvE- 42

Hope that makes the problem more clear. The Horde dominated realms are primarily PvP. The Alliance dominated realms are primarily PvE.

It makes sense to a degree. People who want to be the 'bad guy" and play at an unfair advantage are more likely to be interested in PvP and thus play Horde. Those who want to be the "good guy" and play cooperatively are more likely to be interested in PvE and play Alliance.

The numbers balance appears to come out more equal in

11/08/2016 12:57 PMPosted by Sathelihta

58% Horde vs 42% Alliance for all PVP servers.

because the realmpop numbers include character of all levels including from accounts that are inactive. If you just look at just level 101-110 characters (accounts that would have to be active in the last 2 months), it changes to 62% Horde, 38% Alliance.

Great reply. Frames things nicely.
11/08/2016 01:50 PMPosted by Lekneve
Hi!
It seems you need this, The Laws of the Jungle:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/7198961085

[quote]You're not here to run around solo and have a fair, balanced even 1v1 match against everyone you meet. That's not PvP, that's dueling. Running around alone isn't something you have the right to do. This is not, nor should it be, a game where you always stand a fair chance.

This was a fair argument back in Vanilla and BC. We aren't talking fair anymore, we are simply asking for the ability to actually participate and play the damn game.
11/08/2016 01:59 PMPosted by Amathyx
11/08/2016 12:50 PMPosted by Worgheart
I find it ironic that Horde and PvE server players are so quick to call it world pvp. What a joke.

it's world pvp
i'm alliance and on a pvp server so ?

Congratulations for you. Feel righteous now? Got a stance on the actual issue at hand?
11/08/2016 02:00 PMPosted by Kristnstewrt
11/08/2016 01:50 PMPosted by Lekneve
Hi!
It seems you need this, The Laws of the Jungle:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/7198961085

[quote]You're not here to run around solo and have a fair, balanced even 1v1 match against everyone you meet. That's not PvP, that's dueling. Running around alone isn't something you have the right to do. This is not, nor should it be, a game where you always stand a fair chance.

This was a fair argument back in Vanilla and BC. We aren't talking fair anymore, we are simply asking for the ability to actually participate and play the damn game.

On point, 100%
11/08/2016 12:29 PMPosted by Worgheart

3. CLOSE CHARACTER CREATION

with this I think you have lost all the credibility of your comment
11/08/2016 01:58 PMPosted by Worgheart
Yup. Only the Horde, and PvE realm people ignore the fact that's there's actually a problem and resort to cliches like "roll pve."

Try and see it from another's perspective. We are not talking about usual pvp server gripes. The argument here is that the way things are currently set up has fundamentally altered the way most pvp servers are functioning.

Because it's player choice to choose the faction and choose the realm.

Tell us - how would you fix the system to prevent the imbalances from happening? If that fix was implemented, would you be happy if it prevented you from playing the realm and faction you wanted to for the sake of balance?
11/08/2016 02:02 PMPosted by Worgheart
Congratulations for you. Feel righteous now? Got a stance on the actual issue at hand?

pretty clearly my stance is for you to get over it or transfer
kinda funny how you've said multiple times that the only people calling it world pvp are horde on pve servers in an attempt to discredit them and now someone that's alliance on a pvp server is calling it world pvp and it suddenly doesn't matter
11/08/2016 01:40 PMPosted by Sorrøw
Also it has nothing to do with faction balance on a particular realm, but faction imbalance caused by CRZ.

For example, I am on Sargeras which is an Alliance dominated realm, so horde know this if they choose to roll Horde on Sargeras, they choose that challenge.. the same as Alliance players know it's Alliance dominated, so they expect to not see many horde, if any, when questing.

But then old world areas, some reason we're CRZ'd with Illidan (horde dominated the same size as Sargeras), Mal'Ganis (horde dominated), and 2 other horde dominated realms. Illidan alone would make it balanced 1:1.. but with Mal'ganis and the 2 other horde dominated realms, this has caused areas like Karazhan to be imbalanced with a ratio that seems to be 4/5 horde to 1 alliance.. It's hard to get to Karazhan without getting killed the instant you phase into the zone as the spawn point is camped with literally 50+ horde... then in addition to this, the bridge to get to the entrance of the new Kara dungeon is packed full of horde 50+ just purposely casting AoE attacks to kill any and all Alliance trying to get into or exiting from the dungeon...

This needs to be fixed.

Great example and completely agree.
11/08/2016 02:03 PMPosted by Maewan
11/08/2016 12:29 PMPosted by Worgheart

3. CLOSE CHARACTER CREATION

with this I think you have lost all the credibility of your comment

They have done it in the past on high pop realms. Hardly unprecedented. In any case it's just one idea.