Devs, the faction balance is UNACCEPTABLE.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 15 Next
11/08/2016 02:05 PMPosted by Joynal
11/08/2016 01:58 PMPosted by Worgheart
Yup. Only the Horde, and PvE realm people ignore the fact that's there's actually a problem and resort to cliches like "roll pve."

Try and see it from another's perspective. We are not talking about usual pvp server gripes. The argument here is that the way things are currently set up has fundamentally altered the way most pvp servers are functioning.

Because it's player choice to choose the faction and choose the realm.

Tell us - how would you fix the system to prevent the imbalances from happening? If that fix was implemented, would you be happy if it prevented you from playing the realm and faction you wanted to for the sake of balance?

Honestly I don't think it can be fixed in an end all be all fashion. I think the current state of affairs can be addressed. I listed some ideas in my OP, but i'm open to constructive suggestions as some people have offered.

edit: LOL at the troll following the thread only to immediately downvote my comments as soon as I make them.
11/08/2016 02:05 PMPosted by Amathyx
11/08/2016 02:02 PMPosted by Worgheart
Congratulations for you. Feel righteous now? Got a stance on the actual issue at hand?

pretty clearly my stance is for you to get over it or transfer
kinda funny how you've said multiple times that the only people calling it world pvp are horde on pve servers in an attempt to discredit them and now someone that's alliance on a pvp server is calling it world pvp and it suddenly doesn't matter

I didn't say it doesn't matter, I simply said that my comment about Horde and PvE players is not the central topic being discussed here and never was. You've won the smallest and most insignificant portion of the larger argument. That being said, a lot of people taking your position ARE horde and ARE located on pve realms.
11/08/2016 02:10 PMPosted by Worgheart
I didn't say it doesn't matter, I simply said that my comment about Horde and PvE players is not the central topic being discussed here and never was. You've won the smallest and most insignificant portion of the larger argument. That being said, a lot of people taking your position ARE horde and ARE located on pve realms.

what larger argument?
blizzard isn't going to change anything
it has been like this since the game launched
you ARE going to have to either suck it up, transfer, or unsub
11/08/2016 12:33 PMPosted by Worgheart
300 v 20 is not world pvp. period.

You can convince every player of that, but the only one that you need to convince is Blizzard.

btw, that's still world pvp. A level 1 being roflstompedbbqedyoloqtededgelorded into the ground by the whole population of the opposite faction is still PvP.
The worst part is they had the gall to remove serverhopping. Now I can't take the initiative to fix their !@#$. On my other characters, they are just unable to experience certain content because the quest giver is surrounded by 50 some odd toons constantly tabbing for players to grief. WPvP is a mistake and rolling on PvP servers was the worst mistake of my life. For some reason, every time I come back with friends, they still want to play on these %^-*ty servers that serve no function. It's the biggest reason for moving to FF14 that I can think of.

Instead I'm expected to pay a toll of 100-150 dollars to move characters to a server that supports A TOLERABLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE when I already pay for this service. It's weird that people still want to just write this off completely.
11/08/2016 02:07 PMPosted by Worgheart
11/08/2016 02:03 PMPosted by Maewan

with this I think you have lost all the credibility of your comment

They have done it in the past on high pop realms. Hardly unprecedented. In any case it's just one idea.

And it didn't help much at all in the past either.. if people can't play what they want on one server they will find another server to play on or they will wait til they can play what they want on their target server.
11/08/2016 02:14 PMPosted by Amathyx
11/08/2016 02:10 PMPosted by Worgheart

what larger argument?
blizzard isn't going to change anything
it has been like this since the game launched
you ARE going to have to either suck it up, transfer, or unsub

It has not been like this since vanilla. This is something different. See OP for the larger argument.
11/08/2016 02:16 PMPosted by Copper
The worst part is they had the gall to remove serverhopping. Now I can't take the initiative to fix their !@#$. On my other characters, they are just unable to experience certain content because the quest giver is surrounded by 50 some odd toons constantly tabbing for players to grief. WPvP is a mistake and rolling on PvP servers was the worst mistake of my life. For some reason, every time I come back with friends, they still want to play on these %^-*ty servers that serve no function. It's the biggest reason for moving to FF14 that I can think of.

Instead I'm expected to pay a toll of 100-150 dollars to move characters to a server that supports A TOLERABLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE when I already pay for this service. It's weird that people still want to just write this off completely.

I'm sure a fair amount of the people who refuse to acknowledge or address how this is fundamentally different then it was been on pvp realms for 12 years are the people doing the griefing.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

FALSE. Presumably I should have the ability to take even one step before I'm slaughtered. There's no choice in that equation. No choice to fight, no choice to run, just corpse camping. That's not pvp, IDK how literal you want to play the definition of words game.

This is your server statistics according to realmpop:
Magtheridon [CR] PvP Normal United States America/Los_Angeles
Alliance:113,124
Horde: 158,344
Ratio: 0.714
Total Players: 271,468

If they are corpse camping it is griefing which is against TOS.

Griefing is not against the ToS on pvp servers, the GM will and has said "There is a PvP solution for PvP problems on a PvP server".

I believe Holinka said "World PvP is never fair". This might be why we are seeing FFA-PvP zones, as this ends the faction imbalance. Not that I am for FFA-PvP.
I honestly agree.

I see about 329 Horde and about 1 alliance per day.
11/08/2016 02:16 PMPosted by Gortuk
11/08/2016 02:07 PMPosted by Worgheart

They have done it in the past on high pop realms. Hardly unprecedented. In any case it's just one idea.

And it didn't help much at all in the past either.. if people can't play what they want on one server they will find another server to play on or they will wait til they can play what they want on their target server.

Possibly true, I'll admit. I'm not against people being able to play the faction they want on the realm they want persay. Im interested in the WILDY distorted faction imbalance. There are other ways to address this issue, at least in the near term practical way.
Reroll of transfer to a PVE server.

"Let the blood be spilled"
11/08/2016 02:16 PMPosted by Copper

Ok so.. basically what you are saying is... you don't enjoy PvP servers but you play on them because your friends insist you play on them even thou you do not enjoy them. How about... I dunno.. you tell your friends you don't like PvP servers and really don't want to play on them? Oh and... somehow this is all Blizzard's fault. Right?
I'm on Korgath. Started playing in vanilla a few weeks after launch. Each server was separate, the only pvp was world pvp, as there were no bgs, no arenas, nothing.

I looked around and saw players from Vashj, Darkspear, Boulderfist, Frostmane, Tichondrius, Ner'zhul, Aegwynn, Akama, Crushridge, Mugthol, Kil'jaeden, Chromaggus, Bloodscalp, Spirestone, Garithos, Daggerspine, Blackrock....

Servers don't even mean what they originally meant.

Blizzard ought to allow players to transfer all of their characters from pvp to a pve server for free, one time, since they have changed things so radically, since people first started playing this game.

And stop overcrowding servers. We need more instances of the zones, so that we are not waiting for spawns. It is really bad.
My only feelings of sympathy here are towards being on the same server since vanilla, not being happy, but feeling like you have to stay because it's home.

I myself have been on Maelstrom US RPPVP since 2005.

I actually like world PVP, whether I'm getting stomped or doing the stomping, so that's not an issue for me, but I have a full set of characters there and if I wanted to server transfer it's way way too much $.

However, my sympathies end there. If we're not happy we all have the option to server/faction transfer
I've thought about this before, and we need something to encourage players leveling on the "lower played" faction.

I think something fair would be a XP boost, call it "Will of the Underdog" or who cares.

A. It encourages players to create characters on weaker faction for that server. Make it sort of a sliding scale maybe? So the bigger the ratio difference the bigger the XP gain. It encourages leveling that faction.

B. Before anyone says "WELL THATS UNFAIR!" well...technically on a PVP being on the low faction...is mathematically unfair.

C. It doesn't harm anyone, it just encourages people to make characters on the opposing faction.

D. People should be GLAD for it to be even, because having just one sided faction is not as fun.
You chose to play on a pvp server, you made your bed, now lie in it.

Also, putting Devs in the title and having caps lock on doesn't strengthen your points, and more likely then not dissuades developers from reading your thread. Learn to provide constructive criticism.
11/08/2016 12:48 PMPosted by Iudex

how is it blizzard's fault or wtf is this design u speak of

the community creates characters not blizz
I'm alliance on KT, a high alliance server. Iv'e landed on flight paths and immediately been destroyed. i get friends to come in or wait a couple minutes before resing.

I don't mind it one bit. When I see horde, 100-110, i pop everything on them and annihalate them or get demolished, either way is always fun.

Also joining a random group in lfg will phase me out if i'm getting pounded repeatedly and I'll wait to come back or see more alliance.