progression stopped by mythic requirement

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Anyone else having this issue? I have SIX, yes 6, six quests that all require a mythic dungeon completion. I don't have the time to sit around waiting for a mythic dungeon to become available(I'm DPS). Thus, my artifact, and profession progression are none existent. My Suramar progression is reduced to 150 rep every time the main NPCs at Shal' Aran need "feeding". and the world quest/army training every 4-6 days. My recommendation? add rep gains to killing NPCs in Suramar. and removing Mythic requirement for artifact and professions.
Yes, other people experienced it. And they did the mythic dungeons.
CoS and Arcway aren't needed to progress Suramar.
Takes me 5 to 10 minutes to form a group, no excuse really. Most people would have done them by now so there really isn't much, if any, leading to do. It really is not that hard and I'm pretty casual.
Yeah it's a load of kodo poop.
Gating content behind mythic dungeons.. whoever had that bright idea, should be fired.
11/09/2016 08:16 PMPosted by Kaylleane
Yeah it's a load of kodo poop.
Gating content behind mythic dungeons.. whoever had that bright idea, should be fired.

They want players to move out of their comfort zone. Mythics are very accessible. Blizzard hasn't tried to hide the fact they're not happy with LFD/LFR.
So...do the mythics? The only thing gating you from progression is yourself.
11/09/2016 08:12 PMPosted by Kyveli

Unless you count the rep they give you and the fact that you need exalted to finish Suramar and get Pathfinder.
It's clear that the design intent was for you to do those quests on your way to exalted and complete the zone.
11/09/2016 08:11 PMPosted by Esimpure

Says the not-a-pure-DPS-class.
11/09/2016 08:09 PMPosted by Feoramynd
I don't have the time to sit around waiting for a mythic dungeon to become available(I'm DPS)

Same, that's why I just make a group and it gets filled in a fraction of the time the LFD tool takes.
This is no different then every other game in the world that requires you to complete a task to continue progression. Beat a boss, clear a level, finish a mission. If you want to progress further, beat the arbitrary challenge.
11/09/2016 08:12 PMPosted by Daenex
Takes me 5 to 10 minutes to form a group, no excuse really. Most people would have done them by now so there really isn't much, if any, leading to do. It really is not that hard and I'm pretty casual.
Your mileage may vary. At 858, it usually takes me 30-40 minutes to find a group for any one mythic. It's enough of a hassle that I've pretty much just stopped running them.
11/09/2016 08:22 PMPosted by Slappityslap
11/09/2016 08:09 PMPosted by Feoramynd
I don't have the time to sit around waiting for a mythic dungeon to become available(I'm DPS)

Same, that's why I just make a group and it gets filled in a fraction of the time the LFD tool takes.

Congratulations on having done the dungeon enough to be comfortable leading it.

Others have not.
11/09/2016 08:28 PMPosted by Aliandrin

Others have not.

You don't need to lead for any mythic dungeons. It's easy at this point and most of the player base knows what to expect.

You won't progress if you don't get your feet wet.
11/09/2016 08:21 PMPosted by Aliandrin

Hello. I did the mythic dungeons, they were easy.
11/09/2016 08:28 PMPosted by Aliandrin

Others have not.

I don't do any sort of leading as it isn't required.
How would it be progression if it didn't get more difficult?
11/09/2016 08:21 PMPosted by Aliandrin

You have absolutely no excuses but yourself. I've queued up exclusively as boomkin and get into mythic 7/8/9+s.

If your having trouble finding a group, here's a bright idea. MAKE ONE YOURSELF. It's not like mythic+ where you need a keystone. You just need to right click your portrait and set the dang difficulty to mythic.
11/09/2016 08:17 PMPosted by Nightlight
So...do the mythics? The only thing gating you from progression is yourself.

Absurd. Why would I do semi-challenging content with other people in this MMORPG? Are you dense?
11/09/2016 08:19 PMPosted by Vaelthalas
11/09/2016 08:12 PMPosted by Kyveli

Unless you count the rep they give you and the fact that you need exalted to finish Suramar and get Pathfinder.
It's clear that the design intent was for you to do those quests on your way to exalted and complete the zone.

How much rep do you think you lose out on by not doing CoS and Arcway? Hint: almost none or none. They don't unlock WQ and the quests that are inside might give 150 rep all together. You would know this if you did them.