What's with all this Class mount talk?

Mage
So I'm browsing the Mage forums to see what I've missed since I'm a very casual player.

I'm seeing a lot of chatter about Class mounts, so I go check it out. From what someone else has posted here's the link:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=257468/legion-flying-in-7-2-broken-isles-pathfinder-tool-flying-guide-class-mounts-gall

You have to be joking right?

Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Shaman & barely coming out on the top tier IMO, Warlock (Felsteed.. nothing really new, but always cool IMO).
- All awesome. Look really EPIC! Especially Shaman! Wow.. just wow!

Next you have Priest, Monk, Hunter, Rogue & just like the Warlock, barely coming in this section, Warrior)
- Not too bad... Pretty unique. Monk & Rogue probably the best out of this group. I don't even know what the F&*# Hunter has and Warrior we've all seen the Dragon mount of all different colors, but still better than classes listed below.

Then you have Paladin, Druid & Mage
- Um.. what? Druid better than either Mage or Pally, but poor Pally. I'd rather use an Argent Tournament mount... and Mage, seriously? A flying disk? What's wrong with at least a dragon? I mean.. It's been a while since I've read War of the Ancients, but didn't Rhonin get to ride a dragon (Krasus?)?

Just anything but a flying disc please! I don't have any good ideas at the moment, but If I was paid to, I'm sure I could come up with something better than a frisbee!
Half the mounts in the game are dragons. I have dragons coming out of my ears. Some of us like small, unobtrusive yet good looking mounts. I'm quite happy with the disc.
11/14/2016 07:03 AMPosted by Ahroun
Half the mounts in the game are dragons. I have dragons coming out of my ears. Some of us like small, unobtrusive yet good looking mounts. I'm quite happy with the disc.

Well.. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm not going to down vote you for sharing it.

I'm not saying we need another dragon. I'm saying anything would have been better.

If you think a frisbee is "epic" then... o.k.
11/14/2016 06:31 AMPosted by Mazuratì
What's wrong with at least a dragon?

You said it yourself.

we've all seen the Dragon mount of all different colors

Inanimate magical flying objects are not all that common. If it wasn't so damn bland and close to the MoP disc it would actually be pretty unique and worthwhile. I think the main reason it's so easy to hate on the mount is because when you compare it to the Shaman mount we have utter trash. The shaman's platform alone is even cooler than our mount.
11/14/2016 09:33 AMPosted by Cottus
What's wrong with at least a dragon?

You said it yourself.

we've all seen the Dragon mount of all different colors

Inanimate magical flying objects are not all that common. If it wasn't so damn bland and close to the MoP disc it would actually be pretty unique and worthwhile. I think the main reason it's so easy to hate on the mount is because when you compare it to the Shaman mount we have utter trash. The shaman's platform alone is even cooler than our mount.

I also said

I don't have any good ideas at the moment, but If I was paid to, I'm sure I could come up with something better than a frisbee!

If you would take a moment to comprehend what I'm trying to say, I thought it was pretty obvious. "what's wrong with at least a dragon"

These are supposed to be "epic" class mounts are they not? I don't know about you, but it doesn't seem to be very "epic."
11/14/2016 10:13 AMPosted by Mazuratì
These are supposed to be "epic" class mounts are they not? I don't know about you, but it doesn't seem to be very "epic."

11/14/2016 09:33 AMPosted by Cottus
If it wasn't so damn bland and close to the MoP disc it would actually be pretty unique and worthwhile.

I also don't think it's that epic but I do think there is potential if they work on it... a lot.
When and how will we be able to get the mount?
11/14/2016 10:33 AMPosted by Anacrusyss
When and how will we be able to get the mount?

7.2 and at the end of the class campaign I believe.
I hear you, but "anything would be better" is a statement I don't necessarily agree with.

Warriors got a fancy proto-drake. DKs got a fancy dragon. Monks got a fancy Nightsaber. Warlocks and Paladins got... horses. All of them, to me anyway, look like reskins of mounts of which there are already a bajillion.

I'll take the Mage disc over any of them. Yeah, it's a reskinned Flying Cloud but at least the Cloud hasn't been redone ad nauseum like horses and dragons have. And I still use the Cloud sometimes, for the very reason that it's simple and unobtrusive. It's probably my second favorite flyer after Ashes.

The Shaman mount is unique and pretty cool I will grant, but it's also a big bulky thing. When you see five of them huddled around every AH mailbox they'll probably get old quick.

Anyway, I totally get why some are underwhelmed, and if it were up to me we'd all be using Khadgar's raven form. But the disc is a call back to Eye of Eternity which is definitely a Magey kind of thing. And I'll hold final judgement until I see what the Fire and Frost versions look like. In any case though, I'm very glad it's not another dragon.
I don't really have a stake in the argument, but just fyi, if it is anything like the tailoring flying carpets, you can have your weapon out while standing on it.

Flying into battle on your magical disc that you animated with your own magics, with your weapon in hand, looks really cool.

Way better than simply lounging on a mount of some kind.

With the spell effects around the feet and the relative simplicity of it, the focus is on the mage, not the mount, which I find pretty cool.

I would like to see if the mount has more awesome effects, since it is different for each spec (though come on...I think we've all grown to hate fire balls...maybe a different effect for fire would have been nice).

It would be nice if the effects were...bigger? Or further out, if that makes sense? Or if there were cool glows or a more intricate design on the disc.

But overall I'm not terribly upset about it, just think it could use some polishing.
It's an awful looking mount, but whatever. I doubt I will ever use it.
I can't believe people actually like this mount. This is the worst thing that is happening to mages since the pyro nerf. I'm rerolling shaman because we are getting nerf so much this mount was just the straw the broke the camels back. I dont see why they couldn't have made a mana wyrm mount similar to the jade serpent.