Respect the office of the President

Bleeding Hollow
1 2 3 5 Next
All Americans must accept the results of the election.

PS: I told you so.

http://imgur.com/rhObHPr
I was just by staples center in downtown Los Angeles yesterday, saw the protesters, makes me depressed that we ( Americans) could act this way and tear up stuff that we are going to have to pay more tax money to replace anyway.

Moronic to the core.
The American voting system is so strange. You guys have people literally vote for the president through the popular vote, but it doesn't mean crap all, what's the point of having it if it's 100% meaningless?. Instead you guys have some outdated electoral college banana business that probably should have been replaced a century ago.

While I'm not American I do have family, friends and investments in America so I like to keep an eye on things. I don't support Trump, his attacks on various groups of people for deplorable reasons is something I cannot support. Above all things I consider the human element, the way we treat one anther, to be above all other reasons to vote for somebody. I also do not support Hillary, I thought I did, but after thought I just couldn't see anything different under her stewardship than the status quo of what has been the American system for decades now.

The people, well the electoral college has spoken, since Hillary is going to win the popular vote and I respect that. I wont say that I hope for Trump to fail, I never think it is a good idea for any "side" to say they hope the person that beat their "side" will fail because that means you ALL fail. Don't wish ill on other people. When you are protesting don't destroy things, but protest away protests are there for people to do and we should all love that we are able to protest regardless of how we feel about the protest reason. Those that debase the meaning of peaceful protest should be shamed and arrested if need be.

Just be kind to one another. Kill the other side with kindness, because Jesus knows when somebody is telling you to get to the other side of the wall nothing will infuriate them more when you are nothing but gracious and loving.

Love each other America.
11/14/2016 12:05 AMPosted by Articons
Don't wish ill on other people.

That's rich coming from you, Articons.

Love each other America.

Even richer.

Just be kind to one another. Kill the other side with kindness, because Jesus knows when somebody is telling you to get to the other side of the wall nothing will infuriate them more when you are nothing but gracious and loving.

You are not gracious and loving and kind at all. You have been nothing but the generic hostile SJW to everyone who dares disagree with you on anything.
11/14/2016 12:16 AMPosted by Taraza
Don't wish ill on other people.

That's rich coming from you, Articons.

Love each other America.

Even richer.

You are not gracious and loving and kind at all. You have been nothing but the generic hostile SJW to everyone who dares disagree with you on anything.

Don't you have a guild full of people to call the nword? Go do that.
11/14/2016 12:18 AMPosted by Articons
Don't you have a guild full of people to call the nword? Go do that.

A wonderful example of your grace and love.
Considering you trumpet from the heavens how much you like that your guild calls one another the nword and hate on women, figured you'd be busy doing that since Trump won and gave you guys even more reason to.
11/14/2016 12:20 AMPosted by Articons
Considering you trumpet from the heavens how much you like that your guild calls one another the nword and hate on women, figured you'd be busy doing that since Trump won and gave you guys even more reason to.

Kill the other side with kindness, because Jesus knows when somebody is telling you to get to the other side of the wall nothing will infuriate them more when you are nothing but gracious and loving.
I'm not American. I can talk poop about you all day my hateful racist friend. Besides, I like Horrigan better den u, go away.
11/14/2016 01:05 AMPosted by Articons
I'm not American. I can talk poop about you all day my hateful racist friend. Besides, I like Horrigan better den u, go away.

Don't you have some lynchings to prepare for? Or like, some planned parenthoods to protest? idk what bigots in America do in their spare time when they aren't hating on minorities and women.
11/14/2016 01:33 AMPosted by Articons
Don't you have some lynchings to prepare for? Or like, some planned parenthoods to protest? idk what bigots in America do in their spare time when they aren't hating on minorities and women.

Love each other
The electoral system is useful in preventing the urbanites from controlling the entire process from just a few population centers. As someone not from America, it is probably hard to understand that we have several different cultures here and if only population centers had a say then these people would be suppressed. The vast majority of counties went to Trump.

This is similar to the house and the Senate. One is allocated power from population and the other is given the same representation regardless. The electoral system is a similar compromise. America is a republic, and a republic works better for a country with such a vast variety of cultures. If America was balkanized, it would likely be around 7 different countries. A true democracy works better in places like Sweden.

Also, I made several thousand dollars betting on this election. Vegas odds were 4/1. Don't believe the polls my dudes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6HT_AqXL-o
The American voting system is so strange.

Yes, it is.

Votes outside battleground states are virtually meaningless. For example, California has voted Democrat by wide margins for over 2 decades. Given the winner take all nature of the electoral college, a Republican vote in California would essentially be thrown away. It can, in no way, help the Republican candidate. This is problematic since all states where the candidates believe they can predict the electoral college outcome will be completely ignored. If the election was based on popular vote, a Republican vote in California would carry weight, and I think this would lead to broader reaching campaign strategies, rather than what we have now, where most candidates will only target high population areas in battleground states.

I think the argument that popular vote would favor cities is poor since our largest cities only account for 15% of our population. In reality, it would just be lazy campaigning to ignore rural areas. I live in PA, a state that has voted Democrat for over 2 decades largely because of Philadelphia and its suburbs, but Trump won it this year with heavy campaigning in rural areas. I live in a rural area, and Trump was here several times. I can't say that about any other presidential candidate in my lifetime. So again, it's just laziness if candidates aren't coming to us.

Ultimately, I don't think where you live, how much land you own, your race or religion, or any other factor should influence an election. Every registered voter should have 1 vote, and they should all carry the exact same weight.

Clinton and Gore both lost the popular vote. Regardless of what I wanted as an individual, what the American people voted for was not properly represented, and I think that's a huge problem.
11/14/2016 05:49 AMPosted by Twam
The electoral system is useful in preventing the urbanites from controlling the entire process from just a few population centers.

Or in other words, the electoral college suppresses voters in cities by diminishing the value of their votes.

#WhiteLivesMatterMore #LockHerUp #10FeetTaller
Perhaps you should move to a country where the government is a democracy rather than a democratic republic if you prefer that. It's clear that you don't understand the intentions of the founding fathers, and any attempt to look at the past through a postmodern lens will only make you look foolish. And don't start with the "electoral college cuz horses and mail" nonsense as it is laughably false.

I'm just happy that the Hart-Celler Americans didn't hijack this election and I am ready for a great 4 years of crushing the urbanite.
11/14/2016 09:33 AMPosted by Twam
It's clear that you don't understand the intentions of the founding fathers

You realize they owned slaves, right? Their intent was purely suppression. The electoral college serves no purpose other than to skew the actual results of an election.

I'm not happy that Trump is in office, and I wouldn't have been happy with Clinton either. But I'm even more upset that true democracy was undermined by an archaic system. The people voted for Clinton, yet Trump will be the one in office. That's not right.
11/14/2016 09:33 AMPosted by Twam
I'm just happy that the Hart-Celler Americans didn't hijack this election and I am ready for a great 4 years of crushing the urbanite.

You're happy that the white-trash, redneck vote hijacked the election? Trump's base are the religious and uneducated - the dumbest, most gullible people in our society - and the fact that they were tricked into electing a p*dophile con-artist into the White House is beyond embarrassing.

Edit: P*dophile was being censored.
Your pure hatred and contempt for white people is showing quite clearly. "Uneducated" is a smear term used to describe the working class who didn't go to college but instead went to trade school and actually produce value for this country.

And you're one to talk about gullible if you buy that pedo nonsense that will get thrown out in a heartbeat. Don't get high on your own supply or you'll end up thinking crazy things like "Georgia is in play."

Also, Trump won both educated whites and white women. The system wasn't hijacked at all, it worked as intended. To assume you know how America should work better than the founders of it is the height of arrogance and postmodern idiocy. You don't.