Respect the office of the President

Bleeding Hollow
11/15/2016 08:08 AMPosted by Blom
When Hillary was a lawyer she got a !@#$%^ found not guilty by victim blaming the 12 year old #**!#!@# victim and then laughed about it after.

As much as I hate to take Hillary's side on, well, anything.. that was her job. Everyone accused of a crime is guaranteed legal counsel. It's one of America's fundamental human rights.
Trumps fair housing act violations aren't proof of racism they are proof of a businessman not wanting to lose money by renting to people that can't afford to pay the rent.

The problem is that they were turned away at the door solely because they were black. That is textbook discrimination. If they would have processed them the same way they did whites and then found they had insufficient income or bad credit and were turned away at that point, that's just doing business.
proof of a businessman not wanting to lose money by renting to people that can't afford to pay the rent

You're trying to argue that by automatically assuming because someone is black they can't afford to pay rent is not racism?
When Hillary was a lawyer she got a !@#$%^ found not guilty by victim blaming the 12 year old #**!#!@# victim and then laughed about it after.

Yes, Hillary is a rat, too. I don't think anyone here would deny that. I like to look at Hillary as being at rock bottom, and Trump, against all odds, somehow managing to be even lower.
I have to post before someone starts with "dems r real racists" which is a crowder-tier argument and completely misses the mark (and is completely wrong). The democratic party exists to further the agenda of nonwhites to rent-seek from the taxpayers. I mean, there really isn't an argument otherwise. Hillary literally stated that she would tax the middle class more, and all of their policies are aimed at this. The democratic voterbase reflects this.

To tell me that a vote for Hillary is a vote that is beneficial for a white person is delusional. You're sitting here saying oy vey Trump said something mean or whatever and meanwhile failing to ignore the reasons people voted for him. These reasons are his policies, which largely benefit white people. If someone acts in their self-interest, does that make them bad? I don't think so. I mean, look at the democratic voterbase. They've been doing it for years. And now whites are berated for acting (knowingly or unknowingly) in their best interests. Groups have interests. That's the way the world works.
Omg das racis. -Pseudocool's enlightening commentary on American politics
Hillary Clinton selling out our national interests to foreign countries bothers me more than decades old disputes between renters and building owners.
I never thought I would agree with Blom on political matters. Here's hoping for a great presidency.
11/15/2016 09:58 AMPosted by Twam
I mean, look at the democratic voterbase. They've been doing it for years.

Because they're being discriminated against. They're fighting for a level playing field. Blacks couldn't vote until the '60s. Gays couldn't marry until only recently, and they still can't in some states. Systematic discrimination against minorities still exists. In most cases, they're just standing up for basic human rights.
11/15/2016 09:58 AMPosted by Twam
To tell me that a vote for Hillary is a vote that is beneficial for a white person is delusional.

Hillary at least supports gay rights, so yes, that would be beneficial to whites, and anyone else who's gay. Trump equated being gay to trying out a longer golf putter, so I don't suspect he'll be passing policy to help gays. Same for abortion. Women's rights will help white women, and all women, by giving them the right to control what happens to their bodies.

At the end of the day, I think Clinton will pass policy to help people who aren't on a level playing field right now. Trump, as you mentioned, is purely self interested.

For the record, I'm not a democrat. I think they go too far on a lot of their issues, but I do support that they advocate for basic human rights, don't ignore climate scientists, and don't pass policy based on the fairy tale of a magical man floating around in the sky.
11/15/2016 10:19 AMPosted by Blom
Hillary Clinton selling out our national interests to foreign countries bothers me more than decades old disputes between renters and building owners.

That's a very simple minded view, and it's naive to think she's the only one doing it, or that Trump would be any better.
Gays couldn't marry until only recently, and they still can't in some states.

Does the Supreme Court exist in your world? Serious question.

11/15/2016 10:47 AMPosted by Pseudocool
Hillary at least supports gay rights

as the aforementioned, i disagree. she supports what focus groups tell her to support.
“As your President, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology,” -Trump 2016.
Who do you think really supports my rights?
11/15/2016 11:03 AMPosted by Taraza
Does the Supreme Court exist in your world?

I actually completely forgot about their ruling, thank you for the correction. I think I was thinking of Kim Davis when I was writing that. Regardless, my point still stands that gays were not allowed to marry until recently.
she supports what focus groups tell her to support.

Yes, she does. I am not a Clinton supporter. But the democrat's platform supports gay rights, and she's been sticking with that. I'll take that over Mike Pence, who voted for federal aid for people who wanted conversion therapy to "cure" them from being gay, and Trump, who has yet to demonstrate he understands what it means to be gay.
It’s like in golf. A lot of people — I don’t want this to sound trivial — but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive. It’s weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can’t sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist. -Donald Trump
11/15/2016 11:12 AMPosted by Pseudocool
Does the Supreme Court exist in your world?

I actually completely forgot about their ruling, thank you for the correction. I think I was thinking of Kim Davis when I was writing that. Regardless, my point still stands that gays were not allowed to marry until recently.

So when you're forgetting extremely major details about the issues you are discussing, do you ever wonder if you're not informed enough to discuss them?
11/15/2016 11:14 AMPosted by Taraza

So when you're forgetting extremely major details about the issues you are discussing, do you ever wonder if you're not informed enough to discuss them?

It was not a major detail relative to my point, which your tiny brain seems to have completely missed.

It was not a major detail relative to my point, which your tiny brain seems to have completely missed.

It is in fact a major detail. You said quite specifically:

Gays couldn't marry until only recently, and they still can't in some states.

which implies not only a disconnect with the issue you're supposed to be discussing, but an astonishing showing of utter incompetence about the matter at hand. If you do not know enough about a topic to discuss it, don't discuss it.
The definition of a white privilege vote is voting for Hillary. Having enough privilege to not have to worry about the economy, trade, and jobs leaving and instead worrying about trivial social issues is pretty much your stereotypical ivory tower liberal who is now crying and playing with play-doh on a college campus.
11/15/2016 11:23 AMPosted by Twam
The definition of a white privilege vote is voting for Hillary. Having enough privilege to not have to worry about the economy, trade, and jobs leaving and instead worrying about trivial social issues is pretty much your stereotypical ivory tower liberal who is now crying and playing with play-doh on a college campus.

I don't think you understand what privilege means. People with privilege aren't exempt from worrying about economic factors. Privilege makes it easier for those who have it to exercise their basic human rights, and harder for those who don't have it. A vote for Trump is a white privilege vote because whites are currently the group who have privilege, and Trump's policies will allow it to remain this way. Clinton's policies would diminish white privilege by creating a level playing field for others, so I really have no idea what you're trying to get across.
11/15/2016 11:48 AMPosted by Pseudocool
A vote for Trump is a white privilege vote

Right. Now that the SJW has formally introduced itself, this is where I leave you to languish in your stupidity.
I don't think you understand what privilege means.

priv·i·lege
noun
a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.

A special advantage such as affirmative action, diversity quotas, and immunity to cries of "racism"? I can name more, but I think you get the point. I think it is you who does not understand what privilege means. Your invisible privilege bogeyman doesn't exist for white people just because you say it does. These are concrete and real advantages available for nonwhites.

A vote for Trump is a white privilege vote because whites are currently the group who have privilege

This is demonstrably false. Everything people attribute to "privilege" is the product of a high-trust society. When a group squanders that trust capital, it is no longer extended to that group until that trust is earned back. Stereotypes exist for a reason, and noticing trends is hardly evil. Insurance companies charge different rates based on age and sex, and they do this because there are trends between these different groups. Trends exist between races as well, but I'm sure everyone is already aware of this (FBI Table 43 just in case).

Trump's policies will allow it to remain this way

Telling me to vote against my own interests and my group interest is probably the dumbest thing anyone will say to me.

Clinton's policies would diminish white privilege

No, they would diminish white people. You saw how close Texas was this election, and with more amnesty and a few more years of immigration a republican could never win again. In 1965 the Hart-Celler Act was passed. At the time, America was 90% white. Now, it is 62% white. This is policy, it doesn't just happen. I'm not going to cheer on my demographic suicide and telling me to should be considered a hate crime.

You've been wrong about basically everything so far. I see no need for this to continue as this thread will inevitably be deleted and I'll probably get forum banned for this. Suppression of ideas only goes one way, which would explain why you've never been exposed to another view.
11/15/2016 12:06 PMPosted by Twam
In 1965 the Hart-Celler Act was passed. At the time, America was 90% white. Now, it is 62% white.

It's just a coincidence that 99% of them vote for democrats though.
Hey Pseudo, if you want to have an actual discussion over issues that won't get me forum banned, feel free to add my btag. dretaiv#1532. Like the typical SJW on these forums, cough Articons cough, you will probably ignore the offer.