Enh Hidden Appearance CAN Be Recovered!

Shaman
1 2 3 5 Next
So as many of you know on 3 November they changed hidden appearances to be a 100% drop rate from world bosses. At this point Flotsam was up but several of us had already killed him prior to the patch. Their initial view was that we would have to wait until the next boss to get our skin if we didn't already have it. They have since changed that stance as it is unfair to us who had already killed it that week (much like the Withered Jim incident where they didn't want to punish people who didn't kill him early in the week if they were to change the active WB). I would like to thank Blizzard for reversing course on this view.

I know a few other people in the Shaman forums have said we can recover the item if we had already killed Flotsam but whenever asked for proof they would mysteriously vanish. As such below is a link to the response I got which states their old view on this subject along with their current view on it.

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/Aknazer/WoW%20Nerd%20Stuff/GM%20Reply_zpspopsvowb.png

EDIT: You will also notice that they say I've met all the criteria for the hidden appearance. This might mean that there's more to it than just killing the boss (such as a specific AK level needed). I'm simply pointing this out in case someone tries to get the item restored but gets turned down then the "other criteria" might be why.
thanks for the heads up
Thanks for the info.
Just submitted a ticket.
Ticket submitted, it will be mine!
Also just submitted a ticket and linked to the topic here. Hopefully it works.
Thanks for the info, just submitted mine.
Submitted. I really wanna get start on the stupid appearance unlocks.
I also put a ticket in.
11/15/2016 09:14 AMPosted by Stormaker
Submitted. I really wanna get start on the stupid appearance unlocks.

Yup, by the time the Wind/Crystal hammer (finally something that feels Draenic rather than troll or orcish) drops, I want to have all three variants up and ready to start matching armor sets to them. :D
So even if I submitted a ticket last week (Thursday, 11/10/16), and received the response "that's unfortunate", I should submit another one? I'm at work right now, unable to do so, but I don't want to waste my time for the same, beating-around-the-bush answer.

It's really irritating that the response I got said there was nothing they could do, then they do a 180 and don't post it anywhere convenient. I mean, we had to have a player post his GM interaction.
I submitted a ticket last week and got the "sucks to be you" response. With this new information, I resubmitted a ticket today and figured I'd try my luck, fingers crossed I'll get it and be able to work on the unlocks.
Wow thanks for sharing!
When i submitted ticket after hotfix they did not give me anything...........
he just said wait for next boss.....

https://postimg.org/image/we8mi7fff/
Sending a ticket right now as well thanks for you suggestion ^^
I suppose I can try again?

This was my response the week that hotfix went live:

imgur.com/a/abbzS
I submitted a ticket as well... fingers crossed >_<
The ticket worked. GM sent me the item on mailbox. <3
11/15/2016 02:18 PMPosted by Zändälärï
The ticket worked. GM sent me the item on mailbox. <3

That gives me a great deal of hope and thank you for posting this!
11/15/2016 12:28 PMPosted by Cariono
I suppose I can try again?

This was my response the week that hotfix went live:

imgur.com/a/abbzS

They gave me a similar response the week it went live (initial ticket was opened on 5 November). I responded and told them I didn't want the appearance but instead wanted the item that is supposed to drop from the boss. Their response to that is that they can't give out ANY items related to the appearance. The response I posted in this thread is their third response after I reopened the ticket on 14 November.

So yes, reopen your ticket.
Another ticket this time around worked for me aswell.

Thanks for the heads up, Darigaaz!
Ticket worked for me as well; seems like the policy change is true