Swapping CD Key DD->CE

Customer Support
I have the Digital Deluxe from pre-ordering for the boost, and I would like to exchange that key for my Collector's Edition so I can share the Digital Deluxe with a friend.

How would I go about doing this?
You just give them your CE key. The only difference is you get the physical goods.
You give the CE key to your friend.

The only difference between the digital deluxe and the collectors' edition are the physical goodies.
11/11/2016 01:13 PMPosted by Teufelgott

The only difference between the digital deluxe and the collectors' edition are the physical goodies.

Noooot quite.

If you want, you can take that CE key and have Blizzard apply it on your account, and they can provide to you a Digital key to give to your friend.

Some people are particular about seeing "Digital Deluxe" or "Collectors Edition," and that's something that Blizzard can help with.
11/11/2016 01:13 PMPosted by Crynic
You just give them your CE key. The only difference is you get the physical goods.

I think you both misread the OP.

They want to add the CE key to their own account and obtain the digital key in return so they can then give the digital key to their friend.

Not sure why Simpatico was downvoted for actually providing correct info.
11/11/2016 01:29 PMPosted by Nephe

They want to add the CE key to their own account and obtain the digital key in return so they can then give the digital key to their friend.

Because the CE and DDE key are the same with the difference being only the physical goodies. The way Blizzard had it set up was that if you did the basic digital upgrade, you could then add the CE key and get a standard digital key to give your friend. You could not trade a CE key for a DDE key to give. His information about it stating the difference between digital and CE on your account page is wrong as the DDE it still states CE on the account page. I know for a fact about this as that is how mine has been since I purchased the DDE key when they first became available.

This is correct.
11/11/2016 01:34 PMPosted by Flatspriest

Because the CE and DDE key are the same with the difference being only the physical goodies. The way Blizzard had it set up was that if you did the basic digital upgrade, you could then add the CE key and get a standard digital key to give your friend. You could not trade a CE key for a DDE key to give. His information about it stating the difference between digital and CE on your account page is wrong as the DDE it still states CE on the account page. I know for a fact about this as that is how mine has been since I purchased the DDE key when they first became available.

They were downvoted for being wrong. The above is the right answer. Adding a CE key to the account does NOT change the account level nor will it get you a DE key back. They will only give you a standard key which is not what the OP wants.

Just give the CE key to a the friend.
To everyone who tried to give good (correct) info thanks.
I found what info I was after doing some digging.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20419283368

FYI:
Nothing in that thread says you cannot go from DD to CE with a swap.
In fact, the OP states you can get a DD or Standard key back.
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20419283368#post-1

4. Contact Blizzard Customer Support for a replacement of your original Standard or Digital Deluxe Edition Key.

Paying the proper money for two sets of digital perks, and getting less back on one of the keys... of course people would get that equal value back. OR else blizzard also owes them the $ difference too.
Marked As Solution
11/11/2016 02:33 PMPosted by Taressia
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20419283368#post-1

4. Contact Blizzard Customer Support for a replacement of your original Standard or Digital Deluxe Edition Key.

Paying the proper money for two sets of digital perks, and getting less back on one of the keys... of course people would get that equal value back. OR else blizzard also owes them the $ difference too.
It is a wasted extra step to do so though as the DDE and CE keys both give the exact same in-game items and in account management the DDE shows as CE for the account. There is no need to swap the keys as the OP can merely give the CE key to their friend rather than having to add the key, then open a ticket and wait for a new key to be given to them that they can then turn around and give to their friend.
11/11/2016 05:20 PMPosted by Flatspriest
It is a wasted extra step to do so though as the DDE and CE keys both give the exact same in-game items and in account management the DDE shows as CE for the account. There is no need to swap the keys as the OP can merely give the CE key to their friend rather than having to add the key, then open a ticket and wait for a new key to be given to them that they can then turn around and give to their friend.
I was replying to:
11/11/2016 01:40 PMPosted by Mirasol
nor will it get you a DE key back. They will only give you a standard key which is not what the OP wants.
And https://postimg.org/image/ha77bpnoh/
11/11/2016 04:24 PMPosted by Thunderwulf
Or you could have just gone here:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/725/solution

Thanks for being helpful and not giving an opinioned answer. :)
Happy to help.

:)