Healers are broken and keep being broken

Arenas
11/12/2016 09:29 AMPosted by Griever
Idiots like the OP is why Blizzard have an hard time listening to forum feedback.
Its kind of funny all of those who commented and calling OP bad are the ones with the most overpowered healing specs lololxD

The fact ALL of you guys have to say is "you're wrong" instead of giving some helpful advice (because you cant) says A LOT about healers being way to strong.

Blizz has stated MULTIPLE TIMES " A single or even two DPS should not be able to kill a healer, it needs to be a team effort" -- why are they allowed in 2's after saying that? Because Dampening exists? That thing almost NOBODY utilizes because it goes up by like 1% per minute meaning you need invisibility or infinite survivablity (like a healer :o)

Its not fun playing against something who can outheal 3-4 dps while running around in tank form taking 200% less damage, healing with no cooldown or any way to interrupt (talking about you Druids out there) - Also, no healers are MUCH MUCH MUCH more abundant this patch then WOD, half of them literally are better tanks then tanks when it comes to PvP.
02/03/2017 12:47 PMPosted by Sariana
Also, no healers are MUCH MUCH MUCH more abundant this patch then WOD
I giggled.
02/03/2017 12:51 PMPosted by Desiderium
02/03/2017 12:47 PMPosted by Sariana
Also, no healers are MUCH MUCH MUCH more abundant this patch then WOD
I giggled.

So since Ive never posted before and havent spat shxt at anyone can I get some decent advice on what to do? Im relatively new to WoW and have learned most of the classes PvP wise... I just cant get a grip on how to deal with healers, especially in 2's.

Also, my last BG... A healing druid took the flag, we had ALL of our DPS on him. ALL. Guess how he dealt with us.... "Bear form, heal heal heal heal heal heal heal heal" with no way to interrupt, no cooldowns AND taking INFINITELY less damage D: It was very infuriating.
02/03/2017 12:57 PMPosted by Sariana
02/03/2017 12:51 PMPosted by Desiderium
...I giggled.

So since Ive never posted before and havent spat shxt at anyone can I get some decent advice on what to do? Im relatively new to WoW and have learned most of the classes PvP wise... I just cant get a grip on how to deal with healers, especially in 2's.

Also, my last BG... A healing druid took the flag, we had ALL of our DPS on him. ALL. Guess how he dealt with us.... "Bear form, heal heal heal heal heal heal heal heal" with no way to interrupt, no cooldowns AND taking INFINITELY less damage D: It was very infuriating.
Gonna assume you're telling the truth here, and this isn't some second troll account.

Im relatively new to WoW and have learned most of the classes PvP wise...
If you're relatively knew to WoW, not to be an !@#, but I sincerely doubt this is the case. You might think it, but it probably isn't the case.

just cant get a grip on how to deal with healers, especially in 2's.

can I get some decent advice on what to do?
This is the appropriate mindset and if you come here asking for honest advice, you'll get it.

How to deal with healers in 2s: Play with a low babysit healer if you're just starting out. A MWer/resto druid doesn't require a ton of support from you. Basically your goal as a DH is to realize against other healer teams, it isn't going to end until deep dampening. Basically you want to try for a kill every time meta is up. Your goal should be to bait/get the trinket from the kill target, then attempt to kill them in dampening with meta.

If your healer is CCd, you're mobile, so play defensively until your healer can recover. Work together with your healer to try to set the other healer behind.

If your entire team was on him, that's either:

a) there were other healers healing them while you all tunneled
b) you were all on different targets/getting peeled
c) it's a L2P issue, since druids can die in 3s
Not a troll account, just never posted before... as I didn't really care for WoW up until Legion.

As for that druid, he had a shadow priest helping him from the far... though I didnt think he'd be that big of a help, think its possible he carried the druid through our DPS?

"Im relatively new to WoW and have learned most of the classes PvP wise..."

"If you're relatively knew to WoW, not to be an !@#, but I sincerely doubt this is the case. You might think it, but it probably isn't the case."

Thanks, ill try to keep all this in mind, and thanks for showing theres 1 or 2 decent people who play this game and are willing to help. Any advice I asked for in-game chats just got me laughed at and called bad because "Im playing the most overpowered class in the game and cant kill a healer"
11/12/2016 07:59 AMPosted by Mvp
11/12/2016 07:50 AMPosted by Biggiecow
I mean he is not wrong (somewhat). Healers really dont belong in 2s its just a #%@#%@@%! way of playing.

LOL You're an idiot too...Healers belong in 2's and to say otherwise shows ignorance.
And you just want to easy mode your wins against double dps. 2s is completely broken with healers. Any comp above 1800 is healer plus dps. So keep telling me how viable double dps is
If pvp "requires" healers like it does now then blizzard needs to fix matchmaking to make it the same amount of healers on each time and they also need to open up queuing for rated because finding a healer isn't easy (because I my opinion it is boring) and doing double dps is simply unfair when you get nothing but healer/dps comps. And if you are a healer/dps and you lose to double dps it is because you were severely outplayed. You had the advantage and lost.
Guilty as charged, I'm one off those healers that is taking advantage of over powered heals in pvp. I'm definitely not as skilled as most of you, but I also foolishly sub this game. How fast should I die to a dh these days, is 10-20 sec reasonable.

#nerfhealersplease.
02/03/2017 05:05 PMPosted by Artd
is 10-20 sec reasonable
too long.

adapt > trinket > kicked > dead
02/03/2017 04:34 PMPosted by Päws
And you just want to easy mode your wins against double dps. 2s is completely broken with healers. Any comp above 1800 is healer plus dps. So keep telling me how viable double dps is

decent dbl dps teams are not easy wins or guaranteed wins either. I know its not high but around 2100-2200mmr i've ran in to a lot of dbl dps that do fairly well.
So, is dbl dps viable, yes it is. A lot harder to pull off than your basic healer/dps makeup but still viable.
As a healer I do not feel broken, yes healing touch spec is probably the most faceroll thing out but this being my first season healing I do not feel broken like you suggest.
02/03/2017 05:11 PMPosted by Mvp
02/03/2017 04:34 PMPosted by Päws

decent dbl dps teams are not easy wins or guaranteed wins either. I know its not high but around 2100-2200mmr i've ran in to a lot of dbl dps that do fairly well.
So, is dbl dps viable, yes it is. A lot harder to pull off than your basic healer/dps makeup but still viable.
I haven't competed at that level but I would imagine by "a lot" you mean 10-20%. Which is still a lot because like you said it IS harder to run then your typical healer/dps comps. I guess my main issue is I do not enjoy 20 minute arena matches over and over again as healer/dps against healer dps. And I don't think if you que for random bgs you should automatically lose when the opposing team has 3 healers and you have 0-1. That doesn't seem balanced. So if that is how blizzard wants it then fine but at least improve matchmaking so teams are equal and so I can que for arena and find a healer that way.
Stop being scared and play a healer if ur that upset about losing or ur team not having enough healers. Also healers aren't easy to find bcuz they were in such a bad spot for so long they are ok now.
Who the hell necros this garbage, stop
02/03/2017 06:01 PMPosted by Flokka
Stop being scared and play a healer if ur that upset about losing or ur team not having enough healers. Also healers aren't easy to find bcuz they were in such a bad spot for so long they are ok now.
Scared? Not a great word choice there. And by your argument everyone in the game should just player a healer. I'm sure those games would be so much fun. I like to pvp so no one can kill no one and then both teams tie. Sounds great, maybe rethink your logic.
02/03/2017 01:21 PMPosted by Desiderium

Gonna assume you're telling the truth here, and this isn't some second troll account.

Im relatively new to WoW and have learned most of the classes PvP wise...
If you're relatively knew to WoW, not to be an !@#, but I sincerely doubt this is the case. You might think it, but it probably isn't the case.

just cant get a grip on how to deal with healers, especially in 2's.

can I get some decent advice on what to do?
This is the appropriate mindset and if you come here asking for honest advice, you'll get it.

How to deal with healers in 2s: Play with a low babysit healer if you're just starting out. A MWer/resto druid doesn't require a ton of support from you. Basically your goal as a DH is to realize against other healer teams, it isn't going to end until deep dampening. Basically you want to try for a kill every time meta is up. Your goal should be to bait/get the trinket from the kill target, then attempt to kill them in dampening with meta.

If your healer is CCd, you're mobile, so play defensively until your healer can recover. Work together with your healer to try to set the other healer behind.

If your entire team was on him, that's either:

a) there were other healers healing them while you all tunneled
b) you were all on different targets/getting peeled
c) it's a L2P issue, since druids can die in 3s
I appreciate you taking time to address his issues and I agree with you. However, there is no dampening in battlegrounds so if myself or possibly one other dps are trying to bring down a "good" healer that understands CDs, movement, faking, etc and are unable to then they have a major advantage and if accompanied by their own dps we will never win. Again this is good players vs good players. If dampening is required for 2 players to bring down a healer then you need 3 minimum in a battleground. So that is my issue, when one team has 3 and the other has 1 then the team with 1 will lose unless those 3 are not good. That doesn't seem balanced or fair or even fun unless you are on the team with the 3 healers. Replace healers with 3 tanks or 3 of a certain dps and the game is even. But if one team has more healers it isn't.
a necro zortar would be proud of
In 3s alot of the time depending on the comp ppl are dying before dampening kicks in at least before 10%. Rbg's usually always run with 2-3 healers so u can do that if you are worried about no healers/too many healers. But like was said previously with the druid flag carrier there were other healers healing him. It seems frustrating in unrated pvp but in rated with communication killing healers isn't much of a problem.