Reverse Magic Explained

Demon Hunter
Since is not entire clear what Reverse magic dispels and what it reflects, i decided to explain.

Reverse Magic says "Dispels all harmful magical effects from yourself and all nearby allies within 10 yards, and sends them back to their original caster.", Reverse Magic will dispell any spell that are tagged as School type magic and Dispel type magic, however there are a few exceptions, here what School type and Dispel types are:

School Type: Fire, Frost, Shadow, Holy, Nature, Arcane and Physical
Dispel Type: Magic, Curse, Disease and None

As you can see, School type is formed by 6 magical schools and 1 physical school, and Dispel Type are classified in 4 groups, like i said before, most spells that are dispelable by Reverse Magic are Magic-Magic, for example Polymorph, it is School magic: Arcane and Dispel type: magic, have in mind that there are some spells in the game that are not tagged as magic and still can be dispelled, such as Freezing trap from hunter

Note: In case you were wondering where Chaos/Fel school is, there is no Fel/Chaos School, you can get locked in the game and it will say "fel/chaos locked" but in the game mechanism Chaos/Fel are all Magic Shcool types combined.

I made a small list with some important spells that can be dispelled by Reverse Magic, but also have in mind that some abilities cannot be reflected because of how they work, for example Mind control cannot be reflected, but you can still break it with reverse magic, i'll put a "*" if a spell cannot be reflected.

-Polymorph
-Hammer of Justice
-Chaos Nova*
-Frost Nova*
-Mind Control*
-Dragon's Breath*
-Howl of Terror*
-Psychic Scream*
-Shadow word: Pain
-Vampiric Touch
-Nightblade
-Unstable Affliction
-Corruption
-Entangling Roots

Some examples of spells that you CANNOT dispel with Reverse Magic:

-Hex(Magic-Curse)
-Sap(Physical-None)
-Blind(Physical-None)
-Leg Sweep(Physical-None)
-Touch of Karma(Physical-None)
-Intimidating Shout(Physical-None)
-Storm Bolt(Physical-None)
-Blood plague(Magic-Disease)

[ Exceptions ]

Some abilities are not tagged as Magic-Magic on wowhead but they can still be reflected by Reverse Magic, here some examples:

-Freezing Trap(Physical-None)
-Fear(Physical-None)
-Fel Eruption(Physical-None)
-Freezing Arrow(Magic-None)

Unfortunally i can't put all spells here, but you can check on wowhead for both School type and Dispel type, like i said if the spell is Magic-Magic you can Reverse it, however have in mind that some spells are not tagged as Magic-Magic and can still be Reversed, there only a few exceptions though, by one way or another most important abilities in the game are listed on this topic, if there is any ability missing, or any ability listed in a wrong way, let me know and i'll update this post.
Not sure 100% accurate

You can reflect freezing trap I do it all the time. Nice post though

I believe you can reflect Touch of Karma dot but bot the actual Touch of Karma

I am not 100% about Psychi Scream. I have used it and it did nothing and I have used it and the fear was removed but might have broken on dmg

You can reflect warlock fear but I often time feel it is a waste to do so
In theory fear/psychic scream, and freezing trap should all be removed, same for fel eruption... I think (it's magic like chaos nova right? I've never looked). Maybe not reversed but certainly should be removed since reverse magic at the very worse should work like a negative debuff only mass dispel.
11/11/2016 06:36 AMPosted by Foxfighter
Not sure 100% accurate

I am not 100% about Psychi Scream. I have used it and it did nothing and I have used it and the fear was removed but might have broken on dmg

Thanks, i'll add the feedback to the post, maybe Fear and Freezing trap are exceptions, or maybe misleading information on wowhead, because it says Physical there.
11/11/2016 07:45 AMPosted by Marshall
In theory fear/psychic scream, and freezing trap should all be removed, same for fel eruption... I think (it's magic like chaos nova right? I've never looked). Maybe not reversed but certainly should be removed since reverse magic at the very worse should work like a negative debuff only mass dispel.

Like i said above, either there are exception or wowhead has misleading information or maybe a special mechanism idk, i added a exception line to the post anyway, if you can confirm that Fel Eruption can be reflected i'll add that too.
11/11/2016 07:46 AMPosted by Shadow
11/11/2016 06:36 AMPosted by Foxfighter
Not sure 100% accurate

Thanks, i'll add the feedback to the post, maybe Fear and Freezing trap are exceptions, or maybe misleading information on wowhead, because it says Physical there.

I KNOW for a fact you can reflecting freezing trap.

Honestly it might be freezing arrow. I have not been freezing trapped yet is there two abilities? The arrow one is reverse able

Also i do not think priest fear is physical
11/11/2016 08:10 AMPosted by Foxfighter
11/11/2016 07:46 AMPosted by Shadow

I KNOW for a fact you can reflecting freezing trap.

Honestly it might be freezing arrow. I have not been freezing trapped yet is there two abilities? The arrow one is reverse able

Also i do not think priest fear is physical

Freezing arrow is a different ability, the thing is that Freezing trap and warlock fear( not priest fear ), are tagged as Physical on wowhead for some reason... that's why i thought they couldn't be dispelled, i'll try to make some improvements on my post and make it more accurate, atleast as much as possible...
Yeah add freezing arrow to reflectable.

And moonfire, Touch of Karma dot, and pretty much every magic dot