DH / DK / MW - 3s Comp. Mini Guide!

Demon Hunter
http://imgur.com/a/J2f4w

Ran this finally again for a good que session and went from 2.2 to 2.2k. We finished with a near 2600 mmr. You basically need to be super agressive the entire match making FDK a perfect partner

Strengths
Large sustained damage
Grip/AOE stun
The ability to split with Solitude
Decent survivability
2 ranged magic kicks
A lot of mini ccs
Huge burst potential
Can reflect ccs back onto target
Darkness and AMZ allow dh/dk to stay aggressive

Weaknesses
Little to no peels
DH very easy to control
MW monks do oom with new spec

Talents

Fel Mastery
Demon Blades

Fel Blade - (I love this with Demon Blades. It procs a crazy amount and if you use it directly after Fel Rush you gain 55 Fury. It also allows you to FOTI/Venge/Blade directly back to the target for HUGE amounts of damage with Chaos Strike follow ups.
Soul Rending
Momentum
Unleashed Power

Playing with a FDK enemies are constantly slowed. You can do grip NOVA on healer and whoever else you grip on. If you combine it with Fury/Blades it is a ton of burst. Also the fury cost remove is just amazing. It makes the move actually feel good to use.
Chaos Blades

PvP talents

Adaption or Relentless
You will have to decide here. If fighting a comp with a ton of long cc like Mage/Rogue use adaption. VS cleaves Relentless is usually

Hardiness - Reinforced Armor - Sparring
I honestly never swapped from Hardiness as with your mobility it is easy for a MW to get your hp up but if having trouble vs cleaves run Sparring but all are viable.

Solitude - Cover of Darkness
This is VERY situational. Vs some teams we chose to split with me on the enemy healer all game using Solitude while DK hits whatever. This is very hard to deal with but obviously you will be very spread. VS cleaves Cover of Darkness is probably always the way to go.

Unending Hatred - Reverse Magic
The majority of teams I face I take Reverse Magic. Read this post to get a good understanding of what reverse does http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752055525

Take Unending Hatred vs Teams that you know you will take a lot of magic damage such as Rogue/lock, Rogue/shadow priest, Feral/Spriest

Awaken the Demon Within
Rushing Vault is usable to but I honeslty love Awaken way to much. Not only for the defensive but with the constant uptime with fel blade the meta proc is amazing

Detainment
If you are having issues living vs cleaves Death from Above is very good since enveloping will heal you without taking more damage. Imprison is amazing vs Paladins as it does go through BOP just like your kick. Try to imprison a person before a shaman spirit links as well.

Feel free to ask any questions. I am a 2900exp 2x WoD Glad (Warrior) and this season has been a struggle. But when I find success I will share it with others to help that DH community grow. I think it is worth noting that I have only used LFG to gain this rating. I was able to play with a friends for a very short que session before buffs but they have since Blacklisted DHs. Maybe now I can convince people to give me a shot.
One thing I want to add to Detainment, if a Mage temp shields, if you time it right you can completely negate the health recovery mechanic, blow all your damage into it then Imprison right on the last second of Temps duration and poof, no healing.
11/10/2016 04:46 PMPosted by Pallzdani
One thing I want to add to Detainment, if a Mage temp shields, if you time it right you can completely negate the health recovery mechanic, blow all your damage into it then Imprison right on the last second of Temps duration and poof, no healing.

Yeah. You can also mess over Karma and other defensives. It mainly should be used in this fashion I feel than on use CD for CC
11/10/2016 05:02 PMPosted by Foxfighter
11/10/2016 04:46 PMPosted by Pallzdani

Yeah. You can also mess over Karma and other defensives. It mainly should be used in this fashion I feel than on use CD for CC

Yeah I do prefer it as a more disruptive cd than a straight up CC
it is a huge waste any other way i feel especially with a mw
I updated this a little bit
Also remember you can use blurr offensively. DH must be played as mongo as possible. You lack peels so your best peel is damage.

Also with Fel Blade it is very confusing to predict what you are doing and really for a lot of melee to keep uptime
Is Chaos Blades worth it vs Fel Barrage? I know that you run Chaos Blades to go with a better burst, but is really better than Fel Barrage?
Yes for sure in my opinion. Barrage is ok of everything groups up but in reality Blades gives way more single target and that is what DH lacks. You can set up huge bursts with blades/foti. The damage is very hard to heal through.

Also this spec is more along the lines of single target damage anyway. Could barrage work... Yes. Do I think it is better? No
I didn't see it in my skimming. Frost or unholy?
11/11/2016 08:38 AMPosted by Badadvice
I didn't see it in my skimming. Frost or unholy?

Frost.... Sorry fixed
All good fox. But it brings me to a question. Who's your MW?

I ask because I killed one solo the other day in gilneas. And they were not that great. So what's a good MW look like?
Mw is pretty good. There are plenty of high rated ones queing. I played with one named Swagfu but I play witb others. He probably was just not a good mw or a bot

Honeslty I do not think DH will work with any other healer besides MW and Rsham
Bump if anyone had questions
Hey Foxfighter. I just wanted to say, really good job and thank you for giving some hope to the class. At the beginning of this expansion, my plan was to main DH and after the nerfs, I moved on to this toon. This is actually the first season I have done threes and am loving it so far. I think the one thing missing for the DH class right now is simply viable resources to learn from. There aren't any real viable "How to" videos or guides out there.

I know you are pushing rating and probably don't want to give away all your trade secrets on how to play the comp, but is there any chance you would be willing to put together a tips and tricks video? Maybe something showing different burst depending on the talent choices, how to maximize dps when CD's are down, tricks with imprison, tricks with rain, positioning maybe, different macros you have set up, simple strats with the comp.

It is really encouraging to see someone highly skilled make their way to a good rating on a DH. As someone not nearly as highly skilled, figuring the nuances of the class out seems to elude me as I can barely crack 1600 with it. :)
I would like to make a video possibly next time I que. But honestly idk how fun DH is to watch. Really not mjch changes and there is not many tips I feel I can give.

Like You need to learn how to use reverse magic properly and there is a forum post someplace here. Learn to use mometum effectively. Use imprison in intelligent ways and not just as a cc.

DH sadly is not super complex. Just learn you strengths to counter your weaknesses. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer them as best as I can
So I've been sticking with my nerfed fel barrage in bgs. It's great when someone tries to outrun you with a snare at somewhat low health.

Tried using that one fox?
I prefer blades. You can setup better burst with blades. Barrage is ok but I feel it adds an element you do not need at the expense of one you do
Thanks for the tips, keep it up Fox!
What kind of targets do you focus target/how do you usually set up kills?

I'm playing with a feral druid buddy, and while he's still learning (he's extremely new to feral), we can't seem to dish out much pressure outside of Meta and are a bit aimless on who we should focus target when our CD's are up -- healer, dps? Comp we run is feral/dh/mw. Seems like our feral just gets blown up within a minute or two and when I'm not in meta we're not pressuring the enemy team at all.

Part of that might be that he's new to feral though, but also wondering what I should be doing from a targeting/kill setup standpoint.