Casuals Obessed?

General Discussion
With legendries, why? It's not like you really need one, you're not doing any high end content that would require you to have them. You'll get one eventually so stop complaining?
The only people who could even remotely claim "need" are the racers.

And the race is already over on all relevant realms anyway, so....
You're not required to wear underwear, it's not like you're using your genitals anyway... yet I'm sure you still want them.
I found it amusing to google Obessed just to see if it has any kind of meaning. Thanks Urban Dictionary!

Why are casuals obsessed with legendaries?

Why not? It's a goal to shoot for and considering it's all RNG, anyone, casual or hardcore, will obsess over them until they get one, then they'll obsess over getting the "right" one.

Otherwise...

If no one ever obsessed over anything in this game, there'd be no one playing it anymore.

To obsess is to have a goal. To have a goal is to have something to work towards. It's something to keep people playing.
Why do people want nice things even if they don't strictly need them.

Not really a question for the ages is it?
I pay my 15 bucks each month so as a "filthy" casual I am as deserving as the next guy/gal. I personally don't worry about such things it creates too much stress I learned that after farming my Headless Horseman's mount for yrs before finally getting it; I learned there and then to never grind anything in game again life is too short. I now play to have fun and "it" comes when it comes.
I rather think it is the no-lifers that are obsessed with these - don't you remember the thread from that DK from Limit who claimed to have run 2000 mythic dungeons in order to get legendaries ? Are you going to claim that person is casual and that person isn't obsessed ?
Why do you care? Why do you read complaint topics, which are usually clearly complaint posts based on their titles? Are you just looking for a reason to be disgruntled? Yes, yes you are. You just want to complain. . .pretty much like the folks you are complaining about for complaining.

Also: If one can feel disgruntled, then is a contented person in fact "gruntled" before something divests him of his gruntle?
11/28/2016 04:19 AMPosted by Delekii
You're not required to wear underwear, it's not like you're using your genitals anyway... yet I'm sure you still want them.

Ha! I go Commando!
11/28/2016 04:14 AMPosted by Jburn
With legendries, why? It's not like you really need one, you're not doing any high end content that would require you to have them. You'll get one eventually so stop complaining?

I'm a casual but i pug normal and heroic raids, why aren't i allowed to care about my dps?
11/28/2016 04:35 AMPosted by Virus

I'm a casual but i pug normal and heroic raids, why aren't i allowed to care about my dps?

Your casual play style doesn't seem to fit in line with the average forum goer version of that word or at least how they make it out. You actually do stuff and manage to find time to complete things. I don't think they were targeting people like you.
Non casuals don't need them either. I think they should be removed...starting with the OP.
Maybe Casuals are obsessed with getting a Legendary, because groups nowadays, are like, "No Legendary = Kick", ect.

While I do agree that people who casually play WoW, will most likely never get into content where having one, will make a vast improvement in their toons potential.

Right now, getting one would only be "Overkill" for LFR/Heroic Dungeons, and Open-World PvE (World Quests, ect.)
11/28/2016 04:18 AMPosted by Orsnoìre

I disagree. The world first racers don't need it. They're supposed to be the best? Why do they need the help?
As a casual, its less about the legendary tag, more about wanting to continue upgrading your character. Progression is what keeps people playing, even if its just progressing the power level of your character regardless of the content you actually do.

If I were to hit a ceiling where I couldnt get any possible upgrade regardless of what I do, odds are I would stop playing and subbing. And Blizzard just loves everyone's sub dollars so you know how that goes.
11/28/2016 04:41 AMPosted by Ariothei

I disagree. The world first racers don't need it. They're supposed to be the best? Why do they need the help?

That's like saying why would they need gear to begin with. If it's in the game and obtainable, the rush to world first will require it.
11/28/2016 04:41 AMPosted by Ariothei

My point is that for all but the world first racers, legendary items are a nice bonus, but hardly required.

If you are obsessed with them at this point in the patch cycle you're all wrapped up around the wrong things.

But hey, different strokes...I guess...
Why are elites obsessed with casuals? It's not like you'll be playing the same content anyway. They're not hurting you, so stop complaining?

I took a little artistic license with your post OP. Seeing as you're posting on a level 11 doesn't really lend any credence to you being an elite player, but seems like you're taking that approach to complaining about casuals complaining.

"A beast in a hat is still a beast"

Just wanted to throw that in there.
It is kind of amazing how focused casuals are on the legendary items but they will only do world quests and LFR to try to get them.

I know it's fashionable to rip on "casuals" as mush as possible, but I'd guess most of the complains are not coming from that player base.