Unleashed Monstrosities

General Discussion
Why for the love of God is this appearance gated behind the first one?

Blizzard... Blizzard... Please stop making these kind of design decisions. No one likes it. No one thinks it's smart. The only thing it is, is frustrating. This does absolutely nothing but cause frustration.
Because the appearance itself is ONLY supposed to be available upon completion of Balance of Power. The recolors are additional, bonus flavors you can use if you complete additional, bonus achievements.
12/05/2016 04:56 PMPosted by Solynetha
Because the appearance itself is ONLY supposed to be available upon completion of Balance of Power. The recolors are additional, bonus flavors you can use if you complete additional, bonus achievements.

And this is wrong. The first appearance should be the only one gated behind raids. The rest should be from the achievements.

Especially when you consider that I havent completed the fishing grind for my Corrupted Ashbringer skin but I can use the red version of it because I have unlocked that colour on my hidden appearance for my tank.

Why is one appearance allowed to get around the system but not the other?

12/05/2016 04:56 PMPosted by Solynetha
The recolors are additional, bonus flavors you can use if you complete additional, bonus achievements.

Achievements you can earn before the appearance is unlocked... that in its self is pretty stupid. If the achievements were tied to using the Balance of Power appearance I could understand but they arent. The Balance of Power colour should be the only one locked behind the quest chain.
So you're telling me it's a good design choice to have 3 appearance granting achievements potentially unlocked before the first one is available due to artificial time gating? That when Nighthold finally comes out (IF Nighthold is even the last step) and you are suddenly granted access to all 4 appearances, that is good design? Balance of Power should have been the last appearance in the tree, or all appearances should be individually unlocked. I have the 100 WQ appearance but not the 200 dungeon appearance which comes before it, why does that work?

It's bad design.
It's fine to say 'that appearance is gated behind doing raid content'. Sure. THAT appearance. Not every appearance in the tree. It's stupid.
12/05/2016 05:10 PMPosted by Valkorion
It's fine to say 'that appearance is gated behind doing raid content'. Sure. THAT appearance. Not every appearance in the tree. It's stupid.

Agreed.

I'd rather they keep all the appearances (of course, minus the Hidden Artifact appearances that require use of the first type to unlock the others) on a standalone basis.

Not everyone who downs a World Boss is up for N+ Raiding, as per the example.
This is poor design, plain and simple.
I was very excited to finally get this achievement tonight (yes, I'm slow) only to discover that it's impossible to get without completing a raid THAT WASN'T AVAILABLE UNTIL TODAY.
I can only imagine how angry other folks must be who've had this cheev for a month or more.