Shockwave nerf

Warrior
According to the latest datamining Shockwave is only gonna last 3 sec in patch 7.1.5. I don't know the reasoning behind this nerf, but if it has to happen I'd prefer the cooldown be nerfed to 50 sec (25 sec against 3 mobs). A 3 sec stun is just so measly compared to the 5 sec stuns some classes can put out - it's the kind of stun I don't ever want to use because it DR's the more powerful ones.
Warriors just bring too much utility to a group so it's understandable.

/s
Gross, 25% nerf. Probably because mythic+ runs locking packs down for 4 out of every 20 secs.
I'm guessing the /s stands for sarcasm?

I'm trying to be patient waiting for the fury rework they said they would do, but it starts off with a nerf to our stun in all specs.

With that said PVE wise there was no need to take stormbolt over shockwave considering shockwave can have a shorter CD / AOE and is the same duration

They should of buffed stormbolt to 5 seconds instead. but whatever.
Meanwhile, pally keep their 6 sec stuns
How many classes have aoe stuns that are better than Shockwave? Actual question. I know they are out there but can't remember who has them.
11/23/2016 08:14 AMPosted by Mcbone
Meanwhile, pally keep their 6 sec stuns

Single target stun =/= AoE stun lol.

OT: seems like a PvE nerf that will negatively affect PvP. Which is annoying because I thought this issue died w/ the introduction of PvP templates but I guess not.
11/23/2016 08:27 AMPosted by Greatbobbo
How many classes have aoe stuns that are better than Shockwave? Actual question. I know they are out there but can't remember who has them.

monk legsweep.

Warlock has AOE stun I believe on 30 second cool down, with no frontal cone requirement. Monk has AOE, no frontal cone, I believe on 45 second timer. Paladin has blinding light for 6 seconds, but damage breaks the stun.
11/23/2016 08:45 AMPosted by Vlurg

monk legsweep.

Leg Sweep has a 45 sec cooldown lol.
11/23/2016 08:48 AMPosted by Vuduchikin
11/23/2016 08:45 AMPosted by Vlurg

monk legsweep.

But has no frontal cone requirement.
It seems you've missed the following.

The changes in tonight's build are not actually on the PTR yet. This is an incomplete snapshot of some upcoming changes.

While it is easy to jump down the throat of the developers, you should probably wait till the PTR is fully updated and we have a look at all the changes and then if you don't like them and have feedback go ahead and post it.
11/23/2016 08:57 AMPosted by Mmaadder
11/23/2016 08:48 AMPosted by Vuduchikin

Which isn't even a noticeable downside in most situations.
11/23/2016 09:10 AMPosted by Vuduchikin
11/23/2016 08:57 AMPosted by Mmaadder

Well if you want it again in 20 seconds, it's very noticeable if your cone hits only 2 targets.
Did no one else see warbringer being buffed to 2.5 seconds, and added to arms? That's pretty big if it goes through for PvP against certain comps.
11/23/2016 09:27 AMPosted by Mmaadder
11/23/2016 09:10 AMPosted by Vuduchikin

Well if you want it again in 20 seconds, it's very noticeable if your cone hits only 2 targets.

Then aim better so you don't miss a target? I don't understand.
Yeah, I see what they're doing here. They're bringing it more in line with the other choices in the tier for pve.

My only problem with that is, as stated before in this thread, shockwave becomes a liability in M+ if you have other classes that can aoe stun because it's a shorter duration and puts theirs on DR. I would like to see some other forms of pve utility introduced to compensate, but we will have to wait and see.

Havoc DH: Chaos Nova
Shaman: Cap Totem
Monk: Leg Sweep
Warlock: Shadowfury

All last longer than Shockwave but have much larger cool downs, except shadow fury but most Locks seem to prefer Circle. I can see why they nerfed Shockwave but if any of these other classes are in your group it's annoying because it's even more inefficient if you stun first.

0, hence the nerf. A 4 second AoE stun on a 20 second cooldown is quite powerful.
11/23/2016 04:43 AMPosted by Flynt
Gross, 25% nerf. Probably because mythic+ runs locking packs down for 4 out of every 20 secs.

No, I think it's the philosophy of make all choices in the row equally mediocre. Case in point, buffing warbringer up and shockwave down. It's still a !@#$ choice. Better to make stormbolt more compelling and put warbringer elsewhere... or just make shockwave baseline and replace it with something else utilty/CC oriented.