Well it's been fun.

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
My wife and I combined, make a "decent" amount of money IRL.

Decent, in this case does not mean an obscene amount, an extraordinary amount or even a large amount.

We also have a house, mortgage, and all the usual bills for a 2 car 2 teenager family.

Token are closing in at 60K, I use them to play. I have been fortunate to be able to use them all this time.

I fear that time has come and gone it would appear. I like farming but not that much. If my only goal is to farm gold to play, it defeats the purpose right.

So unless my wife gets annoyed enough with me once this month runs out and insists I buy time to get me out of her hair, or the prices come down, I will sidelined. I think this might be the case for many. Not just participant in the forums.

Crappy thing is I am actually enjoying this game, when is next big patch slated to come out?

I am hoping the prices plummet in the next 3 weeks...it's looking grim though

Even around 40 k is doable. (give or take a few thousand)

NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY STUFF!

:(
Careful now. If you quit wow, you might go to the movies instead. With kids, it might set you back $100.
Tokens have gone up because people are stocking up on them for the more uses they will be able to have soon. I am sure once this is all released, the prices will drop again.

But I understand about the money but if I may ask you, do you and your wife go out to eat during a month? Do you guys go to the movies, buy movies, etc. a month? Do you go out for drinks a month? I think you can see where I am going with this but 1 month sub is $15. Going to the movies for 2 hrs is more than 1 month of WoW. Dinner for 2 is a lot more than 1 month of WoW. So if you go out to dinner 4 times a month, maybe go 3 times and then you have your WoW sub.
I hear your frustration. My wife uses tokens for her account, since it's easier to farm gold for her. That said, I do feel the $15 a month is negligible; it's less than buying a quick fast food lunch for the two of us.

Good luck though. We're enjoying this expansion as well.
Cinema around here has $5 movies on tuesdays ;)
All this time? I feel like it hasn't been in the game for that long...

Good luck to you. Just keep in mind, WoW is probably the cheapest per hour entertainment you can find. There are free MMOs, but mostly they are good for a little while, but they get boring fast.
$15 a month should still be doable (even $30 so you and your wife can play) easily. It's not like WoW wasn't extremely affordable even before the tokens came out.
Decent amount of money....

Two accounts....

$30.....

Not sure of the issue.
11/18/2016 05:52 AMPosted by Garravin

Decent, in this case does not mean an obscene amount, an extraordinary amount or even a large amount.

We also have a house, mortgage, and all the usual bills for a 2 car 2 teenager family.

Token are closing in at 60K, I use them to play. I have been fortunate to be able to use them all this time.

I fear that time has come and gone it would appear. I like farming but not that much. If my only goal is to farm gold to play, it defeats the purpose right.

So unless my wife gets annoyed enough with me once this month runs out and insists I buy time to get me out of her hair, or the prices come down, I will sidelined. I think this might be the case for many. Not just participant in the forums.

Crappy thing is I am actually enjoying this game, when is next big patch slated to come out?

This whole "end of the WoW" thing is getting old lol. Tokens have gone up, and they'll go back down.

I see that previous posters have already covered how little WoW costs in regards to other activities. If your family's budget is hurting that much, you should be out in the world finding either supplementary income, or a higher paying job. I know that seems harsh, but it's true.
11/18/2016 06:25 AMPosted by Raziul

This whole "end of the WoW" thing is getting old lol. Tokens have gone up, and they'll go back down.

I see that previous posters have already covered how little WoW costs in regards to other activities. If your family's budget is hurting that much, you should be out in the world finding either supplementary income, or a higher paying job. I know that seems harsh, but it's true.

Pretty much this.
11/18/2016 05:55 AMPosted by Crossicus
Careful now. If you quit wow, you might go to the movies instead. With kids, it might set you back $100.

Or they could pick up one of the many other games that are FTP and enjoy even more fun times together at less of a cost.

;)

Value. There needs to be value for the money you spend. Hard to understand. I know .
11/18/2016 06:34 AMPosted by Jigawat

Value. There needs to be value for the money you spend. Hard to understand. I know .

If they are spending time, they are spending money.

Economics is hard to understand. I know.
Just cut back on your daily enemas from Starbucks.

Make the kids get jobs!!!!!!

Wait for better patch notes :(
11/18/2016 05:55 AMPosted by Crossicus

They are teens they dont want to go to the movies with old farts lol.. Daddy cant wait to see this movie ...maybe we can go saturday. No its ok i am going with my friends :(
Joke is going to be on them when Blizzard releases a separate token for each service type.

Edit: Oooor I could read MMO champ and see that they'll cash into Battlenet Balance. DOH.
11/18/2016 06:36 AMPosted by Raziul
11/18/2016 06:34 AMPosted by Jigawat

If they are spending time, they are spending money.

Economics is hard to understand. I know.

Not... if... it's... FTP...
Sac up, man. It's not like your wife doesn't spend any money on something fun once in awhile. Just because she frowns upon your gaming doesn't mean you have to quit. Get smart and tell her it's your hobby. It keeps you home and happy.
I'm not trying to be a %!!@**** but I'm having a hard time understanding why $30 is such a burden if you are making a "decent" income.

Good luck though I guess?