Too many quest chains behind mythic dungeons

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
I think there's too much quest chain in this expansion attached to mythic dungeon to the point where I feel that if I don't do mythic or mythic+ I am going to miss out on important bits of story. I mean a quest to get 80 of this particular thing, where you are only really guaranteed to get one if you do a mythic dungeon, come on..
Having done them all, I can say there are a lot, but not too many.
Well you got plenty of company as only about 1/2 of the player base has done a mythic legion dungeon according to wow rarity site.
I think it would be pretty frustrating for people who don't do mythic content to have a quest log full of profession and order hall quests trying to entice you into doing higher level content.

The funny thing is though normal mythic's are pretty much on par with what old heroic dungeons were and today's "heroic" dungeons are like normal's. If you ignore the naming scheme, what Blizzard has essentially done is pull heroic dungeons out of the LFD system and made us form our own groups.
Read the notes/watch the video of what is coming in 7.2......
12/02/2016 04:20 PMPosted by Hreeza
Read the notes/watch the video of what is coming in 7.2......

That's in the future, I am talking about the situation right now.
I don't waste OH resources on quest missions, since they all lead to mythics, which are just too frustrating to try and get into. I just can't take all the rejections.
People who don't do mythic make no sense to me. They are equivalent difficulty to heroics of last expansion. I understand not wanting to do M+ due to the timer and added pressure etc, but mythic has none of that. You just have to use group finder instead of queueing up.
12/02/2016 05:22 PMPosted by Ramayana
You just have to use group finder instead of queueing up.

Which means you are "applying for a job" with the group leader.

Whereas with heroics you just let the system put the group together.
People who don't do mythic make no sense to me. They are equivalent difficulty to heroics of last expansion. I understand not wanting to do M+ due to the timer and added pressure etc, but mythic has none of that. You just have to use group finder instead of queueing up.

A few problems with that:

1. Class imbalance. Take a look at that group finder. Lots of groups filled with dps waiting on tanks/heals.

2. Requiring overgeared players so they can faceroll

LFR/LFD is in the hands of a computer putting a group together objectively.
Group finder is in the hands of a human and we all know how that ends up.

And in legion it becomes more important now since items are behind those mythics. And that has led to a number of discord communities formed for running mythics because the current state of the group finder can be very harsh to players.
Dont be scared homie.
12/02/2016 05:40 PMPosted by Cajunfries
Dont be scared homie.

It's not that I am scared of mythic dungeons, I get through most of them okay, but it's just the time and effort really.
Done mythic dungeons, got bored of them, refuse to do them again. No matter what sends me in there. Maybe I'll do ONE if I have a guaranteed legendary.
12/02/2016 04:13 PMPosted by Brockthorn
Well you got plenty of company as only about 1/2 of the player base has done a mythic legion dungeon according to wow rarity site.

Well it's closer to 65% of all people at max level. And that's only if you count the people who've done Eye (since it has the highest completion rate).

12/02/2016 05:28 PMPosted by Aarschott

Ah, the rigorous application process of "finding a group that needs you and hitting the join button".

Truly a strenuous job that only the most qualified should attempt.
12/02/2016 06:49 PMPosted by Awkward
12/02/2016 04:13 PMPosted by Brockthorn

Well it's closer to 65% of all people at max level. And that's only if you count the people who've done Eye (since it has the highest completion rate).

12/02/2016 05:28 PMPosted by Aarschott

Ah, the rigorous application process of "finding a group that needs you and hitting the join button".

Truly a strenuous job that only the most qualified should attempt.

Seeing a list of Mythics seeking 860+ people, having the wrong class (already have warlock for instance), finding the right dungeon, seeing a listing of 6 MoS queued with 2 DPS each, etc. all in the hope to not have a fail group for 30 minutes while you complete your quest. I get it. I've done it, but it is silly.
People who don't do mythic make no sense to me. They are equivalent difficulty to heroics of last expansion.

It has nothing to do with the difficulty of the instance. It's never been about the difficulty of the instance.

It's entirely to do with the quality of person that you're guaranteed to get stuck with. Something about mythics just brings out the John Gabriel Internet .... Theory in all the screaming jackholes.
12/02/2016 07:03 PMPosted by Aerice
Seeing a list of Mythics seeking 860+ people

If people set the ilvl in the option, you don't see that group unless you meet the ilvl requirement.

So yeah, as an 860+ player you're gunna see a ton of 860 groups. On my 850 shaman? 840's and 850's (and of course, all the groups that dont set the ilvl requirement).

having the wrong class

You can't see the group comp though? All you can see is if they have a tank/healer and X DPS.

seeing a listing of 6 MoS queued with 2 DPS each, etc. all in the hope to not have a fail group for 30 minutes while you complete your quest.

Queue times have always existed. The only difference is that you have to wait for a healer/tank to join your group instead of automatically being assigned ones after waiting 20 minutes in a queue.
I just think it would be better if the mythic dungeon quests could be completed on a more relaxing heroic.
As a person that loves Mythic dungeons, I cringe when I see so many quests tied to Mythic only dungeons. In my family and friends guild, most of the members haven't even done a Heroic dungeon and aren't interested in that type of content. Those players might have done those quests in Heroics, but definitely won't in Mythic and have just written them off.
I haven't even finished Kara's attunement just because I can't stand waiting 20-30 minutes to find a group.