Too many quest chains behind mythic dungeons

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
12/05/2016 01:01 PMPosted by Zezeall
I have 60 of those things haha cannot wait till 80.... oh what is next...

All in all, I probably have closer to 600 than 60. Damn weekly cap.
12/05/2016 11:51 AMPosted by Berith
The percentage of people who have completed *A* Mythic dungeon is equal to the highest percentage you can find for any of the Mythic achievements, 65% according to World of Wargraphs.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/faq

What character sheets do you analyze ?
Every players from EU, US realms, with :
a 1800+ rating are analyzed (pvp)
at least 2 bosses killed in mythic mode (pve)

Thank you for proving the point I've been trying to make about how unreliable these statistic tracking sites are when it comes to overall player participation.

They're only tracking players who are doing the content in the first place and ignoring those who aren't.

Sorry, you didn't read the right part.

Global Stats
What are global Stat ?
Global Stats are Stats about all level 110 players, not only 2200+ or 4+/7 players.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/achievements/achievement-category-15254

The PvE Ranks tab is what uses the metric you described, not the Global Stats - which is where the Achievement data comes from.

Don't believe me? Open the PvE Ranks tab and take a look at what it says when you check a category.

PvE Guilds ranking
Last Database Update : 05 Dec 2016 - Guilds with 2/10 or more bosses killed in Mythic mode

Best players rankings (PvE)
Last Database Update : 05 Dec 2016 - Players with 2/10 or more bosses killed in Mythic mode (T19)

Best PvE professions
Last Database Update : 05 Dec 2016 - Players with 2/10 or more bosses killed in Mythic mode

Edit: Ooh, someone's mad. Sorry, kiddo, downvoting me won't make it any less true.
12/05/2016 12:52 PMPosted by Thelysea
can't get basic Pathfinder unless I do 80 mythic dungeons. I might maybe at some point (haven't been able to so far though,) get 1 mythic done. 80 is simply not possible for me. Neither is the 1 raid that is required. (Unless I just afk and hope I don't get kicked.)

That is simply not true. You don't have to do ANY Mythic Dungeons in order to complete Pathfinder. You certainly do not have to complete 80 of them by any stretch of the imagination.

The "one raid" can be completed in LFR, which doesn't have any "complex mechanics" and it wouldn't matter if you "go stand over there" in it regardless...tons of people do that and it still gets done. Even then, it's not "one raid", it's "one boss"...you can queue in LFR for just that boss and nothing else.

You are blocking yourself out of things that you can easily do...even with your health issues and being AFK for short periods of time...and adding things into the mix that aren't even required. That is YOU not Blizzard.
I can get 100% Mythic level drops from running Normals now!! Sweet!!!

No, they are not the most rewarding, you want the best rewards you have to do the hardest content, so no, you are quite wrong.

You're ignoring WoW's entire history of queued content if you think putting it in a queue with a reasonable IL entry wouldn't result in the nerfbat.

You're also ignoring the fact that queues provide additional rewards that walking in does not.

And that walking to the instance is part of the experience, no matter how minor. Otherwise, why would Blizzard even bother including dungeon portals and meeting stones anymore?

Neither is the 1 raid that is required. (Unless I just afk and hope I don't get kicked.)

I joined LFR for a Xavius group, realized I had a piece of my gear that wasn't yet mogged, teleported out when I got out of combat, got to a location where I could mount, mounted, mogged the gear, and tried to reenter. Couldn't. Boss had been pulled. I'd overestimated the time I had.

They killed it without me and I got a free satchel for it while I was standing in the paladin class hall. Didn't even get the loot lockout. >_>

Seriously, no one will notice if you're autoattacking Xavius.

I can't get basic Pathfinder unless I do 80 mythic dungeons.

.......... what?

LFD for the Pillars at least, but why put myself though trying to get 1 afternoon free (which is very difficult to do) so I can spend 1 to 2 hours in queue hoping the dungeon will pop.

........... what?

I get that your disorder is going to get in the way of life for you, and that does suck. But some of what you're saying there is nonsensical and untrue. Even moving past that, WoW really isn't a solo player game. Going really hard in that direction has done more damage to subscriptions than Cataclysm ever did.

And it seems you aren't playing with friends or guildmates, because honestly, a couple geared folks can carry people through mythics, let alone normals. (I should know. That's what last night's post-raid event was. We even did a +2 Maw.)

So if you're not playing an MMO for the social aspect or the group content... why not give a solo game a spin instead? It seems like you'd get more enjoyment out of that.

Lots of people recommend Skyrim, and not without reason!
12/05/2016 11:17 AMPosted by Saygonx
12/05/2016 11:14 AMPosted by Spy
Also, why can't you form a group with your own "like minded" people?

Entitled cry baby millennials.

Millennials don't exist, and what you think of as "millennials" is actually the least entitled generation out of every generation that has been named.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ

Also fun fact: every generation from the Baby Boomers, Generation X, etc has been called "lazy and entitled" by the older generation.
12/05/2016 07:36 AMPosted by Elae
The important bit of story I am referring to missing out on, is these things you get on this quest, you have to get 80 of them but it's a quest chain to do with the DEMON HUNTERS and ILLIDAN. Now I am sorry, but ANYTHING to do with Illidan is important story and lore to me!!

I don't believe you need to do mythic's to earn Lingering Soul Fragments.

Was that the only example?
What "important bits of story" specifically are you missing?

It almost sounds to me like you believe players should have inherent access to every aspect of all the games many narratives, simply because they hit the "Play" button on the launcher...
Players do not posses some kind of warped right to all aspects of "Story".

Shocking and unpopular an opinion as it may be, on this twisted forums at least, it is perfectly okay for players not to receive rewards ( IE gear, pets, toys, story) when they don't want to do what is necessary or required in order to earn said rewards.

One does not have any right to the loot within a chest, while at the same time refusing to go through the necessary process of opening its lid.
12/02/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Virus
I think it would be pretty frustrating for people who don't do mythic content to have a quest log full of profession and order hall quests trying to entice you into doing higher level content.

The funny thing is though normal mythic's are pretty much on par with what old heroic dungeons were and today's "heroic" dungeons are like normal's. If you ignore the naming scheme, what Blizzard has essentially done is pull heroic dungeons out of the LFD system and made us form our own groups.

I am one of these people but I am not frustrated. Mythic dungeons are something I haven't done yet, not something I refuse to do.
12/05/2016 02:11 PMPosted by Imouto

Also fun fact: every generation from the Baby Boomers, Generation X, etc has been called "lazy and entitled" by the older generation.

Also fun fact: being only the currently-lowest point on a steadily declining trend is not a defense.
If you can't even do normal mythic dungeons, then you don't even need to unlock Karazhan lol
12/05/2016 06:07 PMPosted by Kwizzlix
If you can't even do normal mythic dungeons, then you don't even need to unlock Karazhan lol

Which has excluded a lot of players from the story.
12/05/2016 06:09 PMPosted by Elae

Wrong, the players are excluding themselves in almost all cases.
12/05/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Nyzer
I can get 100% Mythic level drops from running Normals now!! Sweet!!!

No, they are not the most rewarding, you want the best rewards you have to do the hardest content, so no, you are quite wrong.

You're ignoring WoW's entire history of queued content if you think putting it in a queue with a reasonable IL entry wouldn't result in the nerfbat.

What are you talking about, what you just said has zero to do with what you quoted.

To touch on your random point though, so what if it is nerfed, ALL content tends to get called for nerfs, so again , so what?

You're also ignoring the fact that queues provide additional rewards that walking in does not.

That's not what you said, you implied that you get the best rewards from doing these, and that is not true.

And that walking to the instance is part of the experience, no matter how minor. Otherwise, why would Blizzard even bother including dungeon portals and meeting stones anymore?

debatable , though it is a good idea imo to know where the dungeons are, but my experience is not lessened if I do not walk there.

Posted by Thelysea

.......... what?

[/quote]

He might be thinking he needs them to complete the Suramar part without knowing about the rep gating and pre-reqs that go on in Revered with Nightfallen.
Wrong, elitists are excluding lower ilevel players in almost all cases.

FTFY

.......... what?

The only thing that I know of that "requires" 80 Mythic dungeons (or a random 80 x {unknown RNG} Heroic dungeons) is the Light's Wrath / Xe'ra / Illidan questline. That's not necessary for the Pathfinder, Part 1. As long as it is not a prerequisite for the remainder of our Class Order Hall campaign coming in 7.2, then they're wrong. (And if by some stray chance they were right and Blizzard decided we had to get those 80 soul fragments for the Illidan-is-my-hero garbage, I wager there would be quite the hew and cry on this forum by a pretty fair number of players who felt very betrayed.)
12/05/2016 06:09 PMPosted by Elae

I love how you guys continue to use words like "excluded", "prevented", "gated", ect to explain the outcome of a choice you made.
12/05/2016 06:18 PMPosted by Fillyestra

FTFY

Uh oh, looks like someone forgot to lock the cage...
What are you talking about, what you just said has zero to do with what you quoted.

To touch on your random point though, so what if it is nerfed, ALL content tends to get called for nerfs, so again , so what?

It wouldn't be "the hardest content" in its category after nerfs. It'd be a weak, watered-down version of what it had been.

If you're going to say "so what if it is nerfed" you're deliberately ignoring the fact that a large number of players don't find zergfest dungeons fun. Hell, most forum posts I read were excited when we heard that heroics would require CC again after Wrath.

Of course, we were expecting Pit of Saron+, not something that made Halls of Reflection look like a petting zoo.

you implied that you get the best rewards from doing these, and that is not true.

I get 800 gold, runes, and a good pile of AP for doing satchel heroics. I'd get none of that by walking into those same heroics.

No, queued heroics don't offer better rewards than walk-in mythics. Queued mythics would, though. Making it disingenuous to say "hurr durr, you can use the group finder just fine, nothing would change". Blizzard would be actively trying to bribe me to go do the random queue.

Which is, frankly, the exact problem you seem to have with mythic only quests. "But, it's giving all the best quest rewards! It's so unfair that Blizzard is trying to shove us away from queues!"

The only fundamental difference is that the pro-queue side opposes that design because they claim it's impossible to do the content, while the anti-queue side opposes that design because they're sick to death of watching the "who cares" queue mentality suck the life out of any remotely challenging content.

12/05/2016 06:16 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
it is a good idea imo to know where the dungeons are, but my experience is not lessened if I do not walk there.

Eh, it's a little thing, but it makes it a bit more immersive. Makes it a bit more real. I certainly welcomed it back in WoD when we had almost no reason to ever leave our damned garrisons.

My point, though, is that if we were just going to get queues for everything, Blizzard wouldn't even bother implementing entrances and meeting stones. It'd just be "poof" and you're at the dungeon.

Ironically, I liked the teleportation mechanic for Flex SoO. But then, you often had replacements going on in there, whereas dungeons tend to be a full clear sort of thing.

12/05/2016 06:16 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
He might be thinking he needs them to complete the Suramar part without knowing about the rep gating and pre-reqs that go on in Revered with Nightfallen.

Yeah, but... why? I don't know what would make anyone think the Illidan questline is tied to the Nightfallen or to Pathfinder.

12/05/2016 06:18 PMPosted by Fillyestra

FTFY

If you weren't such a toxic person that you can't even find a decent guild (hint: the problem isn't literally everyone else... it's you. Just you) you could probably take some of those lower levels and do dungeons with 'em.
12/05/2016 07:08 PMPosted by Nyzer
(hint: the problem isn't literally everyone else... it's you. Just you)

hint: It's never me, as you are demonstrating by continuing to stalk and insult me at every turn.

Thank you for proving my point.
12/05/2016 07:15 PMPosted by Fillyestra

hint: It's never me, as you are demonstrating by continuing to stalk and insult me at every turn.

The best part is you say this as though you haven't been worse yourself.

12/04/2016 02:04 PMPosted by Fillyestra
Almost all guilds already have their own little cliques, or are guilds that have people like Verbatim, Berith, Spy, and Nyzer in them, so they're automatically toxic.

Stalk you? You went far out of your way to give me a reason to remember you as a sorry excuse for a human being.

You're the problem. And with an attitude like that - with the total lack of self-reflection that you have - you will always be your own biggest problem.
12/05/2016 07:15 PMPosted by Fillyestra

Oh it is you