Please make the game more Alt Friendly.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
11/22/2016 01:14 PMPosted by Motors
I don't think so, at least not from my point of view. While i have every class leveled to at least level 85, there are several (in each case 1 alt) i barely touch and don't look forward to finishing their leveling process. But i will do it to see what the class plays like and maybe something has changed and i will enjoy it more.

So you don't really have alts. You have a bunch of abandonned projets mid leveling.

What does that even have to do with what you quoted ?
I actually like having progression on my alts, thanks.
11/22/2016 01:44 PMPosted by Berith
11/22/2016 01:14 PMPosted by Motors
I don't think so, at least not from my point of view. While i have every class leveled to at least level 85, there are several (in each case 1 alt) i barely touch and don't look forward to finishing their leveling process. But i will do it to see what the class plays like and maybe something has changed and i will enjoy it more.

So you don't really have alts. You have a bunch of abandonned projets mid leveling.

They are not a bunch of mid-leveling, i have 40+ level 100s. But i do have a couple that are unfinished and what it has to do with what i quoted was that i don't play my alts to have a bunch of FOTM toons that i can swap between as you stated.
11/22/2016 05:05 AMPosted by Crepe
Planeshaper, that's not an alt. That's "I want to play one character and have instant access to everything on any character I choose."

I play a lot of alts. Some are behind others. That's OK. They're not instantly heroic EN ready. That's OK, too.

You are fundamentally missing the point.

In the past two fresh max-level toons would be equal. No one is suggesting giving them free gear or anything of the sort.

Historically you could grind dungeons, raids (once a week), badge gear, "world boss/archavon/etc.", crafted-gear, and if you were in a guild, carry runs. All of these combined and you could be competitive within a few weeks.

With artifact power you are literally months behind. Period. No amount of in-game system makes you catch up.

AK will help slightly, but then you still have to grind out the AP itself - so until you can pull that off, your behind. And this isn't even taking the gear itself into consideration.

So yes - this system is miserable for alts.

To be honest at this point I'm not even motivated to play my main due to this system.

I'm almost inclined to just sit out until patch 7.4 (or whenever) when you can just purchase all 25 AK levels. Especially if the WoW token prices continue to rise as they have been doing.
11/22/2016 03:19 PMPosted by Yonbi
To be honest at this point I'm not even motivated to play my main due to this system.

I'm almost inclined to just sit out until patch 7.4 (or whenever) when you can just purchase all 25 AK levels. Especially if the WoW token prices continue to rise as they have been doing.

This is another major problem i am facing. Now some might say it is burnout and i suppose that might be possible although i have played the game for almost 12 years without burnout and i think that is because i have so many alts or maybe it is why i have so many alts.

Either way i feel almost like i am forced (that is a bad choice of words since no one is forcing me it is a feeling) to play my main as much as possible and esepcially while i wait for my alts to have AK or at least enough AK to make a difference.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

They are not a bunch of mid-leveling, i have 40+ level 100s. But i do have a couple that are unfinished and what it has to do with what i quoted was that i don't play my alts to have a bunch of FOTM toons that i can swap between as you stated.

Here's the thing: if you're not raiding or doing serious endgame, then having a competitive artifact is irrelevant.

And if you're talking about PvP, then I echo what others have said: 5 pallies is crazy sauce. The game should NEVER have gotten so shallow as it did in WoD to convince you that 40+ characters was possible in a given raid tier (or season if that's the team you swing for), much less sustainable.

The game has only been that shallow 3 (possibly 4) patches in its entirety.
11/22/2016 01:51 AMPosted by Bayon
As for hall resources, you can buy resource cacehes that are bind to account. 1 blood of sargeras = 200 resources. So its something.

Silly me i did not know this but i found it now, and yes it is something that helps. I am not sure how much (as i have 40+ level 100's to level) but it does help indeed. Thank you for this information.

Seriously?
11/22/2016 12:59 PMPosted by Berith
This game is designed for Main play and investing into a character. That's fine. That's the RPG playstyle.

No, it isn't "the" RPG playstyle. It's an RPG playstyle. And the game has never been this bad. The systems have never in the past been designed like this for alts.

Why did it change with Legion?

It didn't need to and it didn't have to.

11/22/2016 12:59 PMPosted by Berith
Most of these threads are about the people who want to use Alts as Main swap services to FotM each time a buff or nerf goes through.

This just sounds like you're projecting your cynicism onto others' motivations without actually knowing them.
11/22/2016 09:14 PMPosted by Orsnoìre

Here's the thing: if you're not raiding or doing serious endgame, then having a competitive artifact is irrelevant.

And if you're talking about PvP, then I echo what others have said: 5 pallies is crazy sauce. The game should NEVER have gotten so shallow as it did in WoD to convince you that 40+ characters was possible in a given raid tier (or season if that's the team you swing for), much less sustainable.

The game has only been that shallow 3 (possibly 4) patches in its entirety.

You play how you want, i will play how i want. And i had most of those alts before WoD. Just because you are inefficient or don't want 5 pallies doesn't mean i shouldn't want mine.

Also im laughing at your statement i don't need a competitive artifact, i hope you are running around with a 802 ilvl artifact on your alts because hell you don't need it unless your in "serious" endgame raiding, its irrelevant, ROFL.

Silly me i did not know this but i found it now, and yes it is something that helps. I am not sure how much (as i have 40+ level 100's to level) but it does help indeed. Thank you for this information.

Seriously?

Seriously.
Catching up isn't the problem Imo. There's just no time to play alts and keep my main up to date. Not like in previous expansions.

But then again, I'm older now and have more responsibility and less time to play. So, I may just not have that ability now, as much as I would like to.
I don't think it would make sense to design the game so that a few players with 10+ characters can keep them all up to date.

A main should require a certain amount of investment.

And an alt should require some also, if it is going to be geared and able to take on difficult content. A bit less investment than the main character, sure, but some time and effort.

I suspect that most players stop playing when their main character runs out of content, meaning that the game needs to be designed so that one character has a lot of things to do.

Gear is easier to get than ever, so that is not the problem. Artifact power creates a bit of a progression curve, but there are catch-up mechanisms in place for that.

If Blizzard does decide to make something like Nightfallen rep account-wide, then of course I would be fine with that. But those quests are story-driven and reward a lot of artifact power. So I don't see it as a major issue.
11/23/2016 12:00 AMPosted by Suréna

Investment in an alt is different than an artificial time gate.
11/23/2016 12:03 AMPosted by Planeshaper
11/23/2016 12:00 AMPosted by Suréna

Investment in an alt is different than an artificial time gate.

I am not sure folks understand this, and it seems a lot of folks don't have a ton of alts which may be the problem with any resistance to improving the situation for alts.

How anyone has an issue with making the path easier for alts i will never understand. Are they threats somehow? Are alts going to take over the game? Or is it just jealousy of people that have a lot of alts?
You don't want an alt. You a bunch of equally geared mains that you don't have to put effort into it.

I'm still gearing up my Blood DK and working on his AP. Whenever he gets their is fine, but I have no intention of playing him as a main.
11/23/2016 02:17 AMPosted by Kerlista
You don't want an alt. You a bunch of equally geared mains that you don't have to put effort into it.

I'm still gearing up my Blood DK and working on his AP. Whenever he gets their is fine, but I have no intention of playing him as a main.

Really? A bunch of equally geared mains by improving the catch up mechanic of AK/AP?

Clearly no clue what it takes to have alts be competitive or what it takes beyond AK/AP to get them there.

Things that make alts not as much of a repeated grind (AK isn't a grind... it's gating for gating sake... There's nothing engaging or fun about a UI interaction).

Nobody is suggesting they instantly give BiS gear out, hell if you actually try this xpac is the easiest to actually obtain gear (Hit 110 a week and a half ago... already at this point) what people are wanting is a system that doesn't intentionally have you months behind everyone else for the sake of trying to make content that isn't there. Having something like account-wide AK doesn't make the 65 million AP that a weapon needs to get maxed instantly go away. All it does is make the initial traits that, for a lot of classes, make or break them in terms of usefulness not a grind of doing the same dungeons over and over and over and over for stupidly low amounts of AP.

Yeah sure a system is coming in 7.1.5 (Whenever the hell that'll come out...) but that doesn't address the issue at all.

You clearly can't read.
In my opinion, They need to either make AK account wide or have artifact power distribute across all your specs. I haven't even touched a alt this expansion because I don't feel like playing the waiting game with AK, I get this is supposed to be alleviated somewhat in 7.1.5 with buyable AK ranks with order hall resources, but I guess we'll see.
11/22/2016 11:04 PMPosted by Motors

Seriously?

Seriously.

There are other fun games and MMOs out there, just saying. FFXIV would fit you perfectly since you can level all of the classes and crafting classes on one character. It plays exactly like WoW but with better dungeon and quest content. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRPVb-fpLDU

Other than that, I agree, they really should have made it like Paragon Levels from Diablo 3 (with everything else they copied over) which are account-wide and affect all of your characters. Of all the MMOs I play, WoW and GW2 players like being punished the most and doing the same thing over and over again with no shortcuts.

Strange that....