A Plea For Equality

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
11/15/2016 10:26 PMPosted by Horrigan
Hello,

During the next "love is in the air event" Blizzard will be adding a "Ex-Boyfriend Dummy" as seen below:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=144339/ex-boyfriend-dummy

Seeing as how I am a straight (white) male I have no real interest in an Ex-Boyfriend Dummy but would really enjoy having an Ex-Girlfriend Dummy instead.

I'm not really a fan of stabbing so could the flavor text please stay "Because beating the real thing is illegal."

Thank you.

I agree. It could have been named something like "Stupid Ex" and looked like the other nondescript target dummies we pummel.

Terrible and stupid idea and I'm a woman with a few ex-boyfriends.
You'd think a company this big wouldn't be dumb enough to alienate half it's paying player base with this crap. Start putting gamergate social justice warrior gimmicks in the game and watch the subs drooooop.
11/16/2016 01:16 AMPosted by Sandra
11/16/2016 01:03 AMPosted by Florence

What are those practices, specifically?

((Not trying to call you out, trip you up or anything, I just really wonder about it. Can you describe it to us? What kind of animals do you kill and how, exactly, do you do it?

I kill according to the Jewish and Muslim customs.
I raise goats and chickens.
If you really want to know, just google Zabiha slaughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1wFmb_PLds
This is not me, but it is very similar to my own practices.

Thank you for sharing.

Sorries you went through that stuff you mentioned earlier. Keep strong.
11/16/2016 01:18 AMPosted by Sandra
My intention was to state why I feel offended by the toy.

...and instead, you ended up puffing out your chest, and trying to prove that you're a manly man.

I was hit by a yo-you once.
I'm not going to call for all yo-yos to be removed from the earth.

I've also been shot.
...but here I am, playing a GAME, where inflicting death is a daily task.

11/16/2016 01:18 AMPosted by Sandra
You decided to troll me...You tell me, who derailed what.

The instant you stopped making this about the game, and tried to align it with traumas in your real life, you derailed it.

People need to stop confusing reality with fantasy.

The portrayal of violence is perfectly OK in books and movies, and this is another medium where people need to either back off or learn that tongue-in-cheek/black humour is acceptable.

If it's unacceptable, walk away.
Sandra claims to have PTSD from being chased by a woman yet wants us to believe that he was part of the A-Team.

Not happening.
11/16/2016 01:37 AMPosted by Horrigan
Sandra claims to have PTSD from being chased by a woman yet wants us to believe that he was part of the A-Team.

Not happening.

^^I get your whole little troll act, but the part you are playing is actually how some people really are. It makes it really hard for abused men, e.g. "Oh you were a Marine, how can you be upset she hits you?" or "Dude you're 6'1" 225 and you let her do what to you??" Stuff like that is why so many cases of abused men go unreported.
Hello,

During the next "love is in the air event" Blizzard will be adding a "Ex-Boyfriend Dummy" as seen below:

Seeing as how I am a straight (white) male I have no real interest in an Ex-Boyfriend Dummy but would really enjoy having an Ex-Girlfriend Dummy instead.

I'm not really a fan of stabbing so could the flavor text please stay "Because beating the real thing is illegal."

Thank you.

Wait is Blizzard promoting violence against men?
11/16/2016 01:46 AMPosted by Sandra
There's 1000 ways to do it...I was simply unwilling to do it to the mother of my kids. I'll take the stbs, rather than hurt the mother of my kids...It's not an option for me. I could do serious damage VERY fast.

so.. you've got 1000 ways to kill someone, but not a single idea on how to incapacitate someone without causing any physical damage?

This has been nice though, talking with a bunch of people who have zero real life experience.

I've stood by and watched in horror, through one eye (because the other was swollen shut) with my tooth protruding through my lip, while 5 police officers aimed their guns at my partner who was using our infant child as a meat-shield.

I understand domestic violence.

I also understand the difference between fantasy and reality.

I do not have a problem with this item.

I agree that there should be a version for "everyone", but this item in no way perpetuates violence in the real world... and the people who are pretending it does, are loopy.
You know, when a stranger attacks you, it's easy...Pull out your .44 and blow a cavern into their head.
When it's the mother of your two kids...Not an option.

You need to stop.

I say this not in the sense of you're being a *%@#*@##, but you're not getting anywhere. Nobully and Florence are demonstrable trolls, and Florence has a whole heaping of brain-dead for the both of them.

You won't get anywhere with them.

You won't convince them of anything.

You won't get them to see (or agree with) your side.

All you'll do is waste your time, rile yourself up, and give the sorry sacks something to whack it to when they go to bed.

Save yourself, and all of us, by slapping them on ignore / simply not responding.
And the female-hating begins... -.-
Hello,

Thank you.

We'll never get a Ex-girlfriend dummy as equality is sexist and it's only ok to beat or to physically assault a man.
11/16/2016 02:07 AMPosted by Hallinton
I say this not in the sense of you're being a *%@#*@##, but you're not getting anywhere. Nobully and Florence are demonstrable trolls, and Florence has a whole heaping of brain-dead for the both of them.

How dare you call me demonstrable. Be lucky I don't -1 you.
ugh.. I've just had to close facebook, because someone was screaming about domestic violence.

Why?
A cartoon rooster had it's hands around the neck of a cartoon hen.. who hatched an elephant out of its egg.

People have just lost their minds.

I'm going to try another angle here.

All too often, people with "broken minds" try to place blame for inappropriate actions, where it simply doesn't belong.
If someone goes on a killing spree, it isn't the fault of Ozzy Osbourne or Marilyn Manson.
It isn't the fault of John Travolta or Al Pacino.
It isn't the fault of Grand Theft Auto or World of Warcraft.

How much does the world need to be censored before people will be content?
11/15/2016 11:39 PMPosted by Nobully
(broken record checking in)

11/15/2016 11:17 PMPosted by Sorrøw
References to Domestic Violence should have no place in a video game like wow, dummies or not.

But references to the following are ok.. (just to name a few)

murder
beheading
dismembering
suicide
drug and alcohol addiction
slavery
arson
animal abuse (including the slaughter of endangered and protected species)

....and of course, let's not forget war.

srsly.
heck is wrong in peoples minds?

to be fair, blood and violence in a video game is entirely different than making light of a real world problem that society as whole seems to ignore because of double standards.

Also you mention war and yet I don't see much *!%#@%@#@*, pillaging, castration, torture, or slavery that was prevalent in ancient warfare (most of what WoW is based off of). So yes there is even war theme's that aren't touched upon do to being tasteless in modern society.
Acting like people are being ridiculous, oversensitive, or uncool for being offended by this is a form of gaslighting used by those with privilege. It is wrong to beat an ex boyfriend and is not funny simply because of the role reversal. This trivializes domestic violence and it is wrong to have this toy. Let the down votes commence.
Lol
11/16/2016 02:40 AMPosted by Azhurea
This trivializes domestic violence

no more than the rest of the game trivializes all the other stuff which Quizotic quoted above.

11/16/2016 02:29 AMPosted by Quizotic
to be fair, blood and violence in a video game is entirely different than making light of a real world problem that society as whole seems to ignore because of double standards.

why is it different?
mindless slaughter is ok, but punching an inanimate object is bad.. makes no sense.

Not once have I ever been offended because I've never been asked to kill a female ogre.
11/16/2016 02:06 AMPosted by Nobully
There's 1000 ways to do it...I was simply unwilling to do it to the mother of my kids. I'll take the stbs, rather than hurt the mother of my kids...It's not an option for me. I could do serious damage VERY fast.

so.. you've got 1000 ways to kill someone, but not a single idea on how to incapacitate someone without causing any physical damage?

This has been nice though, talking with a bunch of people who have zero real life experience.

I've stood by and watched in horror, through one eye (because the other was swollen shut) with my tooth protruding through my lip, while 5 police officers aimed their guns at my partner who was using our infant child as a meat-shield.

I understand domestic violence.

I also understand the difference between fantasy and reality.

I do not have a problem with this item.

I agree that there should be a version for "everyone", but this item in no way perpetuates violence in the real world... and the people who are pretending it does, are loopy.

You don't know what perpetuates violence in some deranged minds . Please just stop with your pseudo intellectual rants.