WoW tokens the highest they have ever been

General Discussion
Steady price

http://i.imgur.com/qiM21Iy.jpg

54k gold this is insane, legion is so popular

Edit: guessing I'm getting mass down voted for saying legion is popular, sorry for angering you guys with these words
11/16/2016 01:15 PMPosted by Nerfmeharder
Steady price

I think if it was so popular, more people would be either needing gold(selling tokens) OR paying with real money

I think everyone wanting to pay with tokens(I do it too) means we feel it's not worth $15/month($20 for me, I am Canadian)

I would of stopped playing a long time ago if I wasn't playing for "free"(not free for the person who bought the token, but free for me - I just pay gold!)
Think it has to do with the blood vendor. People don't need to buy mats anymore.
It's probably less that and more people just aren't buying gold.

There really isn't any reason to with how much is thrown at you.
The economy is hyper-inflated. The rise in price is due to how much gold your average player has.
11/16/2016 01:17 PMPosted by Evillyn
I think if it was so popular, more people would be either needing gold(selling tokens) OR paying with real money

I think everyone wanting to pay with tokens(I do it too) means we feel it's not worth $15/month($20 for me, I am Canadian)

I disagree here.
If players were completely fed up with the game, they would not be maintaining their subscription through any means, whether it were with legal tender or gold.
This price increase happened almost immediately after the news of buying character services with gold came out.

Could be coincidence, correlation doesn't always equal causation, but it is awfully close to each other, after a long time of the token being a predictable price.
I bought three night before last.
49245 each.
I guess I should have bought them last month they were 36k.
I was going to buy 4, but I needed to give my Alt permissions on my bank to get the other 17k out.
Have fun with the gold, I had fun making it back in September.
Only had 20 days left on my token time.
I think Blizzard is just tired of the many wow rich players getting the game for free.
I very much doubt this is the market speaking, but the investors.
Steady price

Edit: guessing I'm getting mass down voted for saying legion is popular, sorry for angering you guys with these words

You are failing the economic reality of what has caused these high prices in the system that Blizzard has introduced. They are high because fewer people are buying the token itself from Blizzard. Which means the stock on the AH is dwindling, while people are indeed still trying to buy them. Fewer people are buying them because there is not nearly a strong of need to have gold in the game, due in part by the number of ways to obtain a sustainable amount of gold through normal play and the introduction of the blood vendor.

Had Blizzard been intelligent in their implementation they would have made them tradable items within the game which the player would then trade amongst themselves or put on the AH setting the prices. This would have given players control over pricing and would have made it visible to everyone the current stock on hand. This also would have solved the issue of massive inflation we saw for the longest time caused the the massive introduction of gold into the game right after Garrison missions had already fed into the problem, without gold being removed until people took the time to buy the tokens with their gold from the AH system.

What we are actually seeing is likely the stabilization of the market. So get used to the high prices, it's only going to go up from here on out unless they start having wow token sales in their store.
I think the game is worth paying for... but I also like money, so why wouldn't I choose to play using gold?
11/16/2016 01:25 PMPosted by Happyellen
I think Blizzard is just tired of the many wow rich players getting the game for free.

Yes, the investors must be tired of people paying $20 a month instead of $15.

Pay your damn way you dirty freeloaders!

/s
I think I am paying 15$ next month, I haven't done that since the token was introduced >.<
11/16/2016 01:21 PMPosted by Starien

I disagree here.
If players were completely fed up with the game, they would not be maintaining their subscription through any means, whether it were with legal tender or gold.

Eh, I added a token about 20days ago I'm now regretting. I occasionally farm somw WQ to stash some gold if I want to come back, but I agree with the pervious poster in that I don't think this product is worth $15/mo and enough people agree to be driving the token price up.

(I think the blood vendor is a major contributer, shout out that comment made earlier in this thread)
Steady price

That isn't the highest. I've sold tokens for 58K gold on a Sunday. Then I bought two tokens for time on Monday for 27K gold each.

Anway, you should look at https://wowtoken.info. They are much higher in other regions.
Steady price

This has less to do with popularity and more to do with the fact that the possibility of tokens actually working for Race/Faction changes and other account services was announced at blizzcon.

Nah, we like the way you make us smile. Well I do anyway at least.
He is right , when wod was at its lowest I was buying tokens for 25k to 30k. Look at the price history its listed online if you care to. The more popular something becomes the higher the demand if there arent enough sellers to fill that demand the price skyrockets also.
Yeah about the same here 46,000 gold on my server the last time i checked. So I might as well wave good buy to my wow game tokens. :(
11/16/2016 01:33 PMPosted by Kuranna
11/16/2016 01:25 PMPosted by Happyellen

Yes, the investors must be tired of people paying $20 a month instead of $15.

Pay your damn way you dirty freeloaders!

/s

Not a single player is a "freeloader" in WoW... we all pay in one form or another.