Jeff Kaplan makes vid highlighting OW patch

General Discussion
11/22/2016 06:08 PMPosted by Artaeas
11/22/2016 05:22 PMPosted by Targon
Err, is it my imagination that we got a Q&A recently about the next patch?

Questions were cherry-picked from twitter and were given non-answers. I'd love to see half the passion Jeff shows for Overwatch, or even Riot Game(s) with League of Legends.

I loved Ion's "What's next" presentation at Blizzcon. I think he will be a great Game Director.

Of course, nothing against the great Jeff Kaplan and his Overwatch. I think it's a great game in its category, with gorgeous graphics, but obviously not my cup of tea.
11/22/2016 05:19 PMPosted by Iramorti
It's clear blizzards passionate devs moved on from WoW and the only reason the game is still running is because it makes too much money.

This is actually pretty true. The Blizz devs that were passionate about this game have moved on and replaced themselves with former players that were passionate about the game made.
11/22/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Artaeas
Meanwhile all we got over here is a passive-aggressive goat telling us to be nice to devs who wont talk to us.

You know why they won't talk to us?

People like you.

The CMs have to spend their entire day weeding out constructive commentary from threads like this for the devs, because anyone without the optimism of a god would have quit and moved to Canada if they heard half the crap this forum spews in their direction.
11/22/2016 05:38 PMPosted by Hamstar
11/22/2016 05:18 PMPosted by Sevalfel
... I've wondered that too I wonder why any game company bothers with the forms

Because we are their paying customers?

As a paying customer could you show me the contract you signed into stating blizzard would guarantee forums to you? Or the law stating the owe you x amount for $14.99 a month? Oh you can't because you've agreed to spend 15 a month for their millions of hours of development for this game, their servers, and everything else they've done.
11/22/2016 06:08 PMPosted by Artaeas

Questions were cherry-picked from twitter and were given non-answers. I'd love to see half the passion Jeff shows for Overwatch, or even Riot Game(s) with League of Legends.

Just because you disliked the answers doesn't mean they weren't answers not to mention the fact that "passion" for game development isn't the same thing as doing anything and everything customers ask for.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
I don't know how many game forums you participated in. Try to go to the FF14, RIFT or GW2 forums and enact the shenanigans we always see here. See what happens. Blizzard is remarkably tolerant.

Thats not even the damn point im trying to make. They should communicate with us, WHICH THEY DONT

They are professionals, but also human beings. They aren't paid to post on the forums. That's a voluntary interaction.
Maybe you should think about this before giving the 99th upvote to the umpteenth "Everything sucks" post. Or before downvoting into oblivion any attempt at positivity.

And about communication, do you think the FF14 and GW2 players have the wealth of info we have about the future plans for WoW?
11/22/2016 06:16 PMPosted by Phlynch
Meanwhile all we got over here is a passive-aggressive goat telling us to be nice to devs who wont talk to us.

People like you.

The CMs have to spend their entire day weeding out constructive commentary from threads like this for the devs, because anyone without the optimism of a god would have quit and moved to Canada if they heard half the crap this forum spews in their direction.

People gave feedback for almost a year, and were ignored. Once people run out of patience, they will get upset. Generally, when this many people are upset about something, its because its well warranted. 7.1.5 was supposed to bring back utility, but in this exact same patch, Fire Mage, one of the favorite specs of this xpac, is getting icy floes taken away. They are pruning one of the few specs people actually enjoyed, in the patch that was revolved around fixing this issue.

No baseline warlock interupt or demonic circle. No Shadow priest life grip. Hunters had to give up their one viable raiding spec to become this clunky overnerfed garbage just to get their traps back.

Lets not even mention the abyssmal talent change swaps that were made. I understand they dont want people to pick the same stuff, but that doesnt mean you mash 2 or 3 of the only 6-8 good choices in the entire tree in the exact same !@#$ing row.

We are told they want feedback, but we dont get feedback in return. No sign they have listened. There has been uproar across the board about the ptr, and nothing has changed on there. People are frustrated with the legendary system, yet they are adding more to dillude the pool even further, increasing your chances of getting garbage you cant equip.

We were promised before Legion that we could target said legendaries, and they said they wanted to do that, but have no idea how to do so. Meaning, its not going to happen, and we were lied to. Speaking of lieing, they also said a few weeks before Legion's release they would avoid nerfing specs or changing them too much because of Artifact weapons to calm the community down. They even said you would go from "Way too good" to "kinda too good". Which is clearly not the case as we see it on ptr.

We were promised and told so many things just to perform damage control, when its clearly not going to happen. Every decision they make seems to make this game tedious and more grindy than ever before, while at the same time making the grind so unfun its honestly impressive. Stop trying to stretch out content with legendaries/titanforging and focus on actually making content players want to repeat.
11/22/2016 06:13 PMPosted by Raveniia
11/22/2016 06:08 PMPosted by Goodberry
I don't know how many game forums you participated in. Try to go to the FF14, RIFT or GW2 forums and enact the shenanigans we always see here. See what happens. Blizzard is remarkably tolerant.

Thats not even the damn point im trying to make. They should communicate with us, WHICH THEY DONT

Are you seriously trying to make the claim they aren't communicating with players in a thread where a Wow community manager is being accused of being passive aggressive in how they communicate with us?

11/22/2016 06:14 PMPosted by Fuzzycuff
11/22/2016 05:19 PMPosted by Iramorti
It's clear blizzards passionate devs moved on from WoW and the only reason the game is still running is because it makes too much money.

This is actually pretty true. The Blizz devs that were passionate about this game have moved on and replaced themselves with former players that were passionate about the game made.

Again not doing what you want doesn't mean they aren't passionate.

11/22/2016 06:29 PMPosted by Kahl
11/22/2016 06:16 PMPosted by Phlynch

People like you.

People gave feedback for almost a year, and were ignored. Once people run out of patience, they will get upset. Generally, when this many people are upset about something, its because its well warranted. 7.1.5 was supposed to bring back utility, but in this exact same patch, Fire Mage, one of the favorite specs of this xpac, is getting icy floes taken away. They are pruning one of the few specs people actually enjoyed, in the patch that was revolved around fixing this issue.

No baseline warlock interupt or demonic circle. No Shadow priest life grip. Hunters had to give up their one viable raiding spec to become this clunky overnerfed garbage just to get their traps back.

Lets not even mention the abyssmal talent change swaps that were made. I understand they dont want people to pick the same stuff, but that doesnt mean you mash 2 or 3 of the only 6-8 good choices in the entire tree in the exact same !@#$ing row.

We are told they want feedback, but we dont get feedback in return. No sign they have listened. There has been uproar across the board about the ptr, and nothing has changed on there. People are frustrated with the legendary system, yet they are adding more to dillude the pool even further, increasing your chances of getting garbage you cant equip.

We were promised before Legion that we could target said legendaries, and they said they wanted to do that, but have no idea how to do so. Meaning, its not going to happen, and we were lied to. Speaking of lieing, they also said a few weeks before Legion's release they would avoid nerfing specs or changing them too much because of Artifact weapons to calm the community down. They even said you would go from "Way too good" to "kinda too good". Which is clearly not the case as we see it on ptr.

We were promised and told so many things just to perform damage control, when its clearly not going to happen. Every decision they make seems to make this game tedious and more grindy than ever before, while at the same time making the grind so unfun its honestly impressive. Stop trying to stretch out content with legendaries/titanforging and focus on actually making content players want to repeat.

So stop financially rewarding Blizzard for doing these things and get the hell out already.
11/22/2016 05:33 PMPosted by Zanerok

Yeah they talked about pet battles and silly stuff....
wake up.

Step up your game. The correct cliché is ''wake up, sheeple''. Don't forget your tinfoil hat, too, heard they're on sale at Black Friday.

Your claim is also demonstratively false. The Q&A confirmed we'd get Argus in 7.3 and clarified a lot of what Ion said at Blizzcon, especially considering class changes. It wasn't perfect, but it was communication.
"I won't talk to players because some of them are toxic."

Can we please acknowledge the fact that we are talking about supposed professionals that are supposed to do a job that a whole bunch of fans would love do to and they are paid for it? They are not doing any favor. It IS their job.

And Blizzard deleted a similar topic for no reason.

I said before:

Jeff is someone I know I can trust as a leader and director. Here's some of the reasons listed only in his recent vlog:

• There's no one to say "Oh yeah, I totally agree with you, I'm glad we have you here"
  • There's no necessity to look cool or smug
  • Actual knowledge that some decisions are frustrating and needs to be addressed
  • Professionalism: Message delivered straight to the point. No explanation about mechanics we already know
  • Design when needed, Re-design when needed. No need to change what's already working.
  • Not blaming the player base, not blaming some people being toxic. Actual discussion about an actual problem.
  • There isn't any attempt to avoid the problem or blame someone else. (Kinda redundant to the points listed above, but this is the main point.)
  • 11/22/2016 06:38 PMPosted by Redmoic
    It IS their job.

It is their job to develop the game not put up with insufferable whiny brats like you.
    11/22/2016 07:00 PMPosted by Xanzul
    11/22/2016 06:38 PMPosted by Redmoic
    It IS their job.

It is their job to develop the game not put up with insufferable whiny brats like you.

> Community Manager

• Manage communications plans and channels, striving for continuous improvement.
  • Strategize and execute on reactive communications to players.
  • Provide meaningful feedback on the community’s sentiment, concerns, and suggestions.
  • Ensure quality on behalf of the team and brand.
  • and many more...

Yes. It is their job.

And I would like to see where in my post I was this "insufferable whiny brat".
    11/22/2016 05:24 PMPosted by Paldona

i wouldn't !@#$ing talk to you either talking like that. %^-*.

The passive-aggressive comment was off-base, but he's not wrong.
    11/22/2016 05:14 PMPosted by Goodberry
    "The passive-aggressive goat" ?
    If only you could see your general attitude from a neutral point of view, folks. Many, far too many of you are simply UNSUFFERABLE.
    It's a wonder Blizz even keeps this forum open, where their hard, and usually excellent, work is mocked and reviled on a daily base.
    I thank the Gods my customers are more forgiving.

P.S.
    Oh, truth stings, I see.

Sure, most of blizzard is doing outstanding work

The sound, art, quest, and environment teams are at the absolute top of their game this expansion.

The class design team is just pure toxic breeding pool of garbage ideas. They took classes that worked great and made the shallow images of some bastardization someone thought up while taking a crap.

It wouldn't be much of an issue if they listened to feedback, but it's been a downward spiral of "go !@#$ yourself" since WoD beta. Some changes are just retarded and they don't care what we think. That's why we have this situation. They don't tell us %^-* about what's going on until it's finished and they are bewildered when we complain at them for it.

And people like you and your attitude are why they stopped talking. So good going champ. I hope your proud.
    11/22/2016 07:00 PMPosted by Xanzul
    11/22/2016 06:38 PMPosted by Redmoic
    It IS their job.

I agree there are a LOT of whiny brats here but do you think it would be this way if they actually had better communication with us? People come here to discuss, offer feedback and suggestions of something that they are incredible passionate about and they are in effect almost totally ignored.

You may disagree but think the trigger for all the vitriol is simply frustration over a lack of communication and it's an attempt to get some sort of recognition they have been heard. Fix that, and I think a lot (not all of course) of the whiny posts would disappear.
    People like the OP deserve a CM like Tseric. Be thankful Ornyx is as nice as he is to you.
    Sure, they made a video about Symmetra changes. You know what they haven't made a video about? All of the other crap tier characters like Mercy, Torbjorn, Bastion, Widowmaker etc. that they've been ignoring for months.

Overwatch team pulls the same !@#$ as WoW's. Probably just new company policy.
    If only you could see your general attitude from a neutral point of view, folks. Many, far too many of you are simply UNSUFFERABLE.

An insufferable* person can still be right.

It's a wonder Blizz even keeps this forum open, where their hard, and usually excellent, work is mocked and reviled on a daily base.

Let's see a few posts to back that up, please.

I only see people complaining about the rather obvious flaws in an otherwise superb expansion.

Ignoring flaws and criticism is intellectually dishonest and should be met with contempt. Civility is necessary, yes, but that doesn't mean we should all just roll over because we might come across as "mean" to the poor ol' devs.
    You've obviously never read any one of Kaplan's (also known as Tigole) rants about Paladins on the EQ forums.....