Jeff Kaplan makes vid highlighting OW patch

General Discussion
to be fair, blizzards lack of moderation on the forums is a large reason why they're the way they are.
11/22/2016 06:38 PMPosted by Redmoic

• There's no one to say "Oh yeah, I totally agree with you, I'm glad we have you here"
  • There's no necessity to look cool or smug
  • Actual knowledge that some decisions are frustrating and needs to be addressed
  • Professionalism: Message delivered straight to the point. No explanation about mechanics we already know
  • Design when needed, Re-design when needed. No need to change what's already working.
  • Not blaming the player base, not blaming some people being toxic. Actual discussion about an actual problem.
  • There isn't any attempt to avoid the problem or blame someone else. (Kinda redundant to the points listed above, but this is the main point.)

• "No need to change what's already working." OH this !

Because we are their paying customers?

And you are getting what you pay for which in fact does not include access to forums.

We are not talking about access, we are talking about them communicating to us on them. Of course you do know that you need an active subscription to post here. It is something they know their customers want that is on top of the core product.
    11/22/2016 07:36 PMPosted by Scruit
    to be fair, blizzards lack of moderation on the forums is a large reason why they're the way they are.

This right here 100%.
    I agree that Blizzard employees are under no obligation to entertain players who are determined to be belligerent and insulting. That said, a serious error in judgement was made when they jumped to respond to a thread that essentially started off with 'you damn morons' while at almost exactly the same time chastising another group of players for being passive-aggressive.

If the general idea is that children throwing tantrums should not be rewarded, then that standard must be held true in every regard. If it's not, we inevitably get people who see that mage thread getting a response while being an all-out attack and think 'well, obviously that's how I get an answer' no matter how faulty that conclusion is.

And yes, the player-behavior was already present before that thread but such events reaffirm shoddy character.
    11/22/2016 05:38 PMPosted by Hamstar
    11/22/2016 05:18 PMPosted by Sevalfel
    ... I've wondered that too I wonder why any game company bothers with the forms

then leave take your money and go
    Lets face it: doing a video about a single character in Overwatch, who has maybe 5 abilities, and is a character anyone can switch to without heavy investment is going to be much easier than doing a video about changes in WoW.
    11/22/2016 09:02 PMPosted by Airc
    Lets face it: doing a video about a single character in Overwatch, who has maybe 5 abilities, and is a character anyone can switch to without heavy investment is going to be much easier than doing a video about changes in WoW.

That might be true but this is Jeff Kaplan we are talking about. Hes 1000% times better about things then the trash we have right now. Hes making overwatch and sadly left wow in 2009 before cata crapped on the the game with a new dev lol. Watch his previous blizzcon videos where he talks to the crowd as a dev https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Falm0H7VEiQ and you will see the difference.
    11/22/2016 06:08 PMPosted by Goodberry
    11/22/2016 05:40 PMPosted by Raveniia

Their a professional business and should act like one. Stop throwing petty !@#$, oh this guy said this, blizz said that. we dotn communicate cause some random said i should be fired. GROW UP. This is an offical forum and we should be in direct contact especially considering we pay 15$ a month or if you buy wowtokens w.e. Either way

I don't know how many game forums you participated in. Try to go to the FF14, RIFT or GW2 forums and enact the shenanigans we always see here. See what happens. Blizzard is remarkably tolerant.

QFT
    11/22/2016 09:09 PMPosted by Xalmo
    11/22/2016 09:02 PMPosted by Airc

That might be true but this is Jeff Kaplan we are talking about. Hes 1000% times better about things then the trash we have right now. Hes making overwatch and sadly left wow in 2009 before cata crapped on the the game with a new dev lol. Watch his previous blizzcon videos where he talks to the crowd as a dev https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Falm0H7VEiQ and you will see the difference.

Thanks for posting this, Jeff seems like a very charismatic likeable guy, even more so back in 2005.
    OW is still new so its dev team isn't jaded and void of emotion yet.

Give em time.
    Everyone who posts on GD are typically a bunch of whiney babies. Im surprised the devs even bat an eye to you people.
    11/22/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Artaeas
    Meanwhile all we got over here is a passive-aggressive goat telling us to be nice to devs who wont talk to us.

I wish I could give you gold or karma or something. I love it.
    11/22/2016 06:08 PMPosted by Goodberry
    I don't know how many game forums you participated in. Try to go to the FF14, RIFT or GW2 forums and enact the shenanigans we always see here. See what happens. Blizzard is remarkably tolerant.

Tolerant? They're remarkably absent. Some posters act like Blizzard employees actually care about what gets posted here. Threads don't hurt their feelings. Likely they don't see the bulk of what is posted here. They've said time and time again that forums are for player discussion.

Beta feedback shows how well they listen when player feedback doesn't align with their design intent.

Their communication has been terrible since GC left. We get one CM posting at random, probably more out of curiosity and boredom, and because he's new.

It has nothing to do with shenanigans and everything to do with the disconnect.

That doesn't give you the right to fling poo at everyone whose talk to us.
    11/22/2016 07:12 PMPosted by Randori
    I agree there are a LOT of whiny brats here but do you think it would be this way if they actually had better communication with us?

Yes, they tried to be more open with communication. But the whining brats and QQsquad continued to whine and qq anytime they didn't hear what they wanted to hear. When the whining and QQing failed they tried resorting to twisting and manipulating what we were given to fit their narrative and make it look like Blizzard promised something that they didn't.
    11/22/2016 05:21 PMPosted by Brutalistica
    Meanwhile all we got over here is a passive-aggressive goat telling us to be nice to devs who wont talk to us.

True like it would be nice if they can do this for race model updates *hint hint worgen*

If that is the only thing you have to complain about with this game, then you don't have much to complain about. I have no idea why people figure blizzard should work on this kind of thing when there is far far better things for them to be working on.

and btw my main's a worgen.
    And can't put in a few words as to why changes are being made, or take five minutes out of their day to put in a sentence with the thoughts behind their choices.
    11/22/2016 11:48 PMPosted by Roxette
    <span class="truncated">...</span>

True like it would be nice if they can do this for race model updates *hint hint worgen*

If that is the only thing you have to complain about with this game, then you don't have much to complain about. I have no idea why people figure blizzard should work on this kind of thing when there is far far better things for them to be working on.

and btw my main's a worgen.
    There's an entire team whose job it is to do things like make and update models. If Blizzard didn't care about it they wouldn't bother making new ones, or overhauling all the races, except two.

Also, they said we would get new models. They stated this. This was confirmed. It's only fair for people to actually want the thing that they said they were doing a year or two ago. And just because he's complaining about one thing doesn't mean it's the only thing he has to complain about.
    11/22/2016 07:29 PMPosted by Kaelanise
    You've obviously never read any one of Kaplan's (also known as Tigole) rants about Paladins on the EQ forums.....
    Some of Kaplan's EQ rants are amazing to go back and read.

Reminder that his character's name was Tigole Bitties.